1 2 3 4 5

#16July 25th, 2005 · 04:26 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
5 posts
United States of America
re: A Long Way Home
Man you just kick out some good stuff. Music that makes you kinda dive into thought and the way things were are and will be lol well atleast that what it does for me i almost wanna make some words for it but its your baby :>)
#17July 25th, 2005 · 05:04 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
Very nice, I like how you added the backgound noise in there. Also I since a little shred on the acoustic. LOL Very very nice!!!!
#18July 27th, 2005 · 07:18 AM
1 posts
United States of America
sup thass.   tis drac.     your song is one of the few i can listen to over and over again, solid 9 of 9 on my chart.   ill be waiting for mores so get to work!
#19July 29th, 2005 · 11:22 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
yeah i like the guitar work. some nice experimental work youv done with thunderstorms and horses lol! its cool that its a bit disjointed at the begining and then the beats kept together by the ... is it a bass drum? (or just u banging your guitar lol?)

keep it up
#20July 31st, 2005 · 06:31 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Canada
SamuraiMoose wrote…
Some parts also sound like Gerudo Valley from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Weird... I noticed that too.

Sweet track, btw. I like the storm out-and-in effect. Isn't too overpowering, but always present.
#21July 31st, 2005 · 07:47 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
This is incredible, whether is a one day job or not. I really like your style, keep it up.
#22July 31st, 2005 · 10:21 PM
1 posts
Philippines
Anyone from the Philippines?
hello there? 

thnx...
#23August 1st, 2005 · 07:54 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Love the piece! very nice rain effect, not to mention you're awesome on an acoustic! excellent and keep up the good work!
#24August 1st, 2005 · 01:30 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments all
#25August 1st, 2005 · 02:01 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
lovely song!
liked the riffs(vey spanishs) and the solo was great... wish i had an accustic guitar to do that... must comform with my electric... i do the same as u but in hard rock riffs.
but i really liked the song is pretty pretty good!
dont add vocals, just leave it as it is.... may be make a continuation...
#26August 1st, 2005 · 03:14 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
the mix
great skills bro... you got good chops, a little stoppish here and there, i'd like to hear it where you get all those notes in the lead to really ring out... i can tell by your chops that you can do it, just practice... some of the notes get that "thudded" kind of stacatto choppiness where they definitely seem like they should ring out.

the sfx in the bg, the rain and the horses and thunder and stuff is definitely a little too loud. I like it, but it's too loud... also the lead is not loud enough compared to the backing comp rhythm... turn up the lead guitar, cuz that's the thing that makes this track shine... ok if you did those three things then i'd definitely rate this a 9 or a 10

but yet again, i do have to say, you've got some nice guitar chops... k peace
#27August 1st, 2005 · 03:50 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
A little too much compression, and the rain might be a little too loud. Reverb is perfect. The song itself is very good. (too short though) The very end isn't synchronized though, but the guitar seems pretty tight everywhere else for one take.
#28August 1st, 2005 · 03:56 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
What happened to my damn post??!!!
O.K ,take too. The song is very good(Nice melody work) I like the gritty 57 tone (Used to use one myself on acoustic) The rain might be a little too loud, and the end isn't synchronized between the guitars, but it's pretty tight everywhere else. I'm guessing you didn't use a click.  I wish the song was a little longer. It was beautiful.
#29August 1st, 2005 · 04:29 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks man I was kinda using a click to start with but this PC is screwed. I've always had a good sense of rhythm and I could actually *hear* the click straying out of time lol. In the end I just gave up and layered the guitar tracks as in-time as I could with each other giving the latency I was dealing with and my setup.

I'm currently running an Athlon 1800+ (Win2k) with Cakewalk Sonar and nVidia onboard sound. I'm also running an old, slow hard disk because my other one broke. As such, my recording stability and latency is screwed.

I have Cubase SX that my college tutor gave me (sorry!) that I much prefer, so when I get my new WinXP PC fired up with this, a new FAST hard disk setup and an Athlon 64 with 1GB - expect much more polish in the timing department. I'm also awaiting the new Creative X-Fi for good latency and the surprisingly good SNR and frequency response that has come to light with the latest audigy cards that makes them pretty good for recording in a general use PC. I also hope to get a MIDI keyboard linked up for some more diverse instrumentation.

Definitely agreed that the rain is a little too loud and the lead should be a little louder rather than just mixed to be prominent eq and compression wise. I guess I was just overconscious of making the lead *too* in-your-face. And yeah the ending was kinda 'bolted on' lol...Yes I also agree the track is a little too compressed, but it was originally designed for background music etc for a game so was actually mixed and mastered this way.

Thanks for the input I'm bearing all of your comments in mind for my next recordings! This is only the second time ever I have recorded acoustic guitar and was all done in a day, so wish me luck
#30August 1st, 2005 · 06:54 PM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
neat, neat
sounds good man   nice pick work there with the single string stuff, too.
i'd like to hear some chilled out lyrics with it haha, think that would fit in perfectly..  some kind of suspensey/soft singing... i don't know though, whatever fits for you bro.
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:09 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.