1 2 3 4 5

#16August 3rd, 2005 · 10:00 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
11 posts
Austria
You're great, man. I think with this song you can screw up every girl you want:)
#17August 4th, 2005 · 01:09 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Albania
never feel on your own! you always have friends in life. don't be scared or alone or sad. feel warm.
#18August 5th, 2005 · 03:23 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
erm ... thanks
#19August 7th, 2005 · 07:36 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Don't like the acoustic sound Love the vocal sound. Chords are REALLY good, Singing very good. Harmonies are great. Song really makes its point musically conveying the intended sentiments.
#20August 10th, 2005 · 09:25 AM
3 posts
United States of America
Great song. The vocals sound great and go with the song perfectly.

I can't wait to hear more.
#21August 10th, 2005 · 09:28 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
4 posts
United States of America
yo
very very good song well recorded and sweet sounding
#22August 10th, 2005 · 11:54 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
45 posts
Belgium
Good vibe
I like a lot this song and the singin is really impressive. I like the lyrics too.
The sound is very clear ... what can I say ?
Good my friend ! Very good !
#23August 11th, 2005 · 10:33 AM
8 threads / 6 songs
46 posts
Norway
This song would be perfect in some sad part of a love movie. The feeling you described in words, is pretty much the one you describe with the song. Beautiful!
#24August 11th, 2005 · 01:40 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
wow.  thank you so much everyone.  the coolest thing about bandamp is that you can get a totally unbias reaction to your music.  i thought that my last song would be more popular than this one, but it appears that i was wrong.  thank you so much for your comments, encouragement and criticism ... keep it coming! 
#25August 11th, 2005 · 06:21 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Well done my friend
This put me right in mind of Kings of Convenience.

I like!
#26August 12th, 2005 · 12:06 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Belgium
sad
it's a very sad song , what is good i think !! i like , you got a good voice for this kind of songs
#27August 12th, 2005 · 06:50 PM
Great song! Is pretty depressing I will agree and good harmonies voice and everything, very well recorded too.
#28August 15th, 2005 · 11:56 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
By noise I mean low-level hiss that detracts a little from the recording, nothing really bad!

It is best to remove noise at source. Monitor with headphones before you start recording so that you can try and eliiminate noise by tweaking your preamp settings.

Additionally you can use a noise gate to stop noise between the things you want to record. However, a Noise Gate is very noticable if not properly configured and/or if the recording noise level is high. IE they are either on or off, so if it is snapping shut you get a stuttering effect.

If you are recording via a sound card, try and ensure that the recording level on the soundcard is not too high and that most of the microphone preamplification is done via your external preamp rather than using the (generally) noisy preamps within a consumer soundcard. The preamps on most cheap mixers (read: anything worse than a mackie) dont tend to be too great for this, either. If you are serious about recording acoustic instruments and especially vocals,  try and make sure that you are using a good microphone preamp! Many of the cheapo ones can be noisy!

Also, try and go for a soundcard with a high SNR value (Signal-to-noise-ratio) which means that your recording input is as elevated from the internal noise threshold as possible.

Although (as you no doubt know) it is *always* better to have the sound right at source than tweak it in the studio - I cannot recommend Steinberg's DeNoiser plugin enough. It introduces some ugly audio artifacts if it has to work too hard, but for subtley reducing the noise level in a recording it can work wonders.

Hope some of this info is of use!

To be honest, most things like this (ie a little noise) can be fixed at the mastering stage (I even had a go playing with this song myself and it was easy to remove). However, golden rule being it's best to not have the noise in the first place than remove it afterwards.

Once again though, great song and I enjoyed listening to it
#29August 15th, 2005 · 09:59 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
thanks matey!! 
#30August 20th, 2005 · 04:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Really good...... I think there is a bit of echo on the backup vocal track, that at one point seemed to be a bit much... that is all I hear worth mentioning... otherwise... WOW
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.