#1January 9th, 2009 · 09:51 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Blessed Be Your Name

This song is not in a battle

I finally got a new copy of FL Studio 8 and it's awesome!! I did this using some in FL and some in Audacity. And I also got a condenser mic! Anyway, there are so many Christian bands that do this song, it's a popular among worship and praise songs. So here's my take on it.
Lyrics:

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

I did this recording to really have fun and ultimately improve my vocals. My real focus in this song is for my vocals. As for those who heard my "Fall For You" cover and original "What is Here?", I think I improve my vocal skills a bit. Here's the link if you guys want to hear them quick:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/6941.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/6962.html

I know there's a few places that sound pitchy and not accurate. I understand and heard where my vocals seem strained in some parts. I think with time, I can improve a lot because I'm taking this program that I have, it's called Singing Success.  It's cool. Please comment on this song... Enjoy!!

Thanks,
Rap

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 10th, 2009 · 01:37 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
A definate improvement!! Well done.

Keep at it!!!!!

The the guitar has been recorded pretty well.

It will help you if you can identify your strenghts and weaknesses. In that way you will be able to improve,
become more aware of what you are doing [this is very important] without having to rely on others.

For the benifit of any doubt what do you think they are? You can PM me if you like, but it would be interesting
to get as many opinioins as possible to get a general census.
#3January 10th, 2009 · 02:52 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Before this current version, I showed this song to my uncle, and asked him to answer truthfully about this song. He said that is was alright and my singing was also okay, like a C maybe. He told me I need to sing from my diaghpram. I tried to sing from my "diaghpram" and all I it sounded was strained voice, too much tense on my voice. I would strain even on the pitches I can naturally reach, but I was doing it wrong. I guess I can say is that I don't know how to control my voice yet. I can't sing things consistently.
As your asking about my strenghts and weaknesses... I don't know them. Ummhhh, some of my strenghts that I recognize are: I think I'm able to sing, I have passion for it, I am not tone deaf, I'm able to figure out the pitches of the melody when I listen to the actual singing on a keyboard or the guitar, and that's all I could figure out for now.
For my weaknessess obviously are: I am not consistent, I'm a beginner in singing, and that's all I could figure out right now. I seriously don't know and I know I sound hopeless right now, that's I'm asking some feed back.
Thanks,
Rap
#4January 10th, 2009 · 04:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
"Control" is the key.

The diaphram is where you control the the air from your lungs, your throat should be relaxed as possible.
You may try to tence your throat then relax it, in that way you will be aware of it. When you are trying to hit notes that are at the top and lowest of your range, that's the most important time to relax your throat. It's very hard to learn as your diaphram is tence so to speak but your throat is relaxed.

Have you tried holding long notes and start singing as soft as you can then loud as you can. Try and keep the notes as smooth as possible, become aware of it, your body and mind will tell you what to do next.

Try practice these, then your on your way to "controlling" your voice.

Is your uncle a musician?

Good luck, keep watching and learning from the pro's

Denis
#5January 10th, 2009 · 07:34 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Music composition great,nice arrangements and great guitar recording..
The drums sound a bit lost at times,you need a bit more confidence singing(you have a good voice) and just some scale practice to keep your vox in tune..Hey its much better than me I can't sing at all..So yeah this is cool, a bit more practice and confidence should put you in the right track..Good how!!!!
#6January 15th, 2009 · 11:16 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
don't
Your recordings have deff improved, Rapp....I think that your uncle has a point about your singing...If I remember right I may have made that same suggestion to you a while back about singing from your diaphragm to you.....Although I have the same problem when I sing...I don't sing from my diaphragm like I should...Its a lot easier to spot it when you hear others doing it too.....The song is a good one..I have heard it before...and have always liked it myself...I have been thinking of doing some gospel myself....and posting it....one day we'll see...but this is really nice and like I said..a good recording...your new EQ sounds good....

Flyer

Nice rating
#7January 16th, 2009 · 09:51 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Germany
...yeah...solid stuff!  Nice work!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.