#1December 3rd, 2007 · 10:36 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Collab BirdsAndBees

This song is not in a battle

Collab - Birds and Bees Blues Cover

I liked vicentL birds and bees song so I made my own arrangement, avi did the voice, marino did the guitar solo. So that's it. Enjoy.

Original: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5540.html
Lyrics: http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/58080.html

Jorge Boscan

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 3rd, 2007 · 12:37 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Nice arrangement. I loved the intro.

I like almost everything here, but i think the piano would sound better if you make it drier.  And perhaps the strings were 0too much for a blues song.
Anyway, I'm glad you took the job o re-arrange an already good song.
#3December 3rd, 2007 · 07:33 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Thanks for the comment, about the strings, i'm not much of a tradicional follower of genre, i like to experiment and add new things.
I'm glad that you liked it.
#4December 4th, 2007 · 06:52 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
what could I say?
It feels very strange to listen to to a version of your song when it has evolved so much
So much it's like someone else
I think the arrangement is very good
I would say if I may that I'm not that keen on the sound of the piano, maybe a bit to clean for my liking I would have prefer a dirtier upright piano or maybe a hamond organ
My other concern is the drums
they sound too generic if it makes sense
otherwise I'm very jalous because I would never in a million years be able to dress any of my songs so richly
I'm a very poor musician myself and apart from strumming few chords on my guitar and trying to sing along I'm incapable of dreaming such rich orchestration
I think you did what every good cover is about
you made it your own
Great job
#5December 4th, 2007 · 08:03 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
wow...Jorge ths is great....beautiful work on the keys    What a nice deliver of the Vocals  Avi....nice job....Marino ...nice work...this is a damn good song and a nice collaboration...I just love to see collaborations with the amp family...This is going on my playlist and Im downloading it...one of the best ones I have heard here on the amp...nice work all of you...Vince you produced a nice composition..Ita amazing how Jorge has evovled the song

Flyer

Will Rate
#6December 4th, 2007 · 01:58 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
oh this is amazin! you mean thats avi singing? gosh good voice ;i have not heard it i dont think before...well done avi..x ... the piano is really good and what...wow ...that guitar...marino.   im loving this great collab...its top class stuff..!!! will rate...xxxxxxxxxxx gosh that piano..brill!!!
#7December 4th, 2007 · 04:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Man this is a great collab.

Jorge, wow what an homour for vincent to do a quaility cover, Well done!!!

I like the sound of the piano, could raise the strings a bit in the mix.

Avi your vox are improving all the time

Marino Great guitar

Great happy vibe.

Rated
#8December 4th, 2007 · 04:51 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the compliments on my vocals--the majority of the credit goes to Jorge with what is one of the most creative adaptations of a straight-up blues songs I have ever heard.  He is truly a perfectionist, working with the piano notes until they were played just right.  And we can't forget Marino, who I've repeatedly said is just too damn good on a guitar.  The bluesy notes thrown in there and then a couple thrown in from what sounded like the bebop scale are what make his playing so unique.  Oh, that, and the flawless technique.

This was a pleasure guys.
#9December 4th, 2007 · 07:28 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
EDIT:
I came back to this song, drawned by a few lines that i've been singing along the day...
And then i trully heard that solo.  Marino, you rock man. 
#10December 5th, 2007 · 01:49 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
very well put together! A very good listen.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.