1 2 3 4

#1June 13th, 2005 · 06:27 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
China Doll
Score: 74.8%
Battle: 2005-07

I've not been making music for very long, only like a few weeks or something, and my equiptment is absolute crap. I've recorded 4 songs, this is my most recent one. Umm...I don't really know what to say really, the song kinda says it all (if you can actually get what the lyrics are...stupid damn microphone)
Please don't critasise to harshly, I am very ammateur! (is that even how you spell that word...?)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 13th, 2005 · 11:52 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
I think its beautiful... don't be so self effacing!
#3June 13th, 2005 · 11:52 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
26 posts
Canada
Hey, I liked it, you have a good ear for melody, and yeah equipment can be very limiting. My first recording setup fell out of fucking dumpster.  But I am curious to know what you are currently running, being the production nerd that I am. 
#4June 14th, 2005 · 03:42 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
I like this! Nice and moody... Nice vocals, I like the thick bass sound too
#5June 15th, 2005 · 10:19 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Your equipment certainly allows for you to accomplish some good stuff.

Did you record the drums with the microphone?
Its got a great, through a radio feel to it.
This adds a kind of introspection to the song.  I might borrow that technique.

And uh, your pretty darn in touch with your self. That's rare in music. don't lose it.
#6June 15th, 2005 · 11:51 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
The drums are from a sample thing that I got ages ago. As for the 'through a radio thing', that wasn't intentional lol but if it works...
By saying I'm in touch with myself, what do u mean? Do you mean the lyrics or the actual music? I don't understand that. The lyrics are really personal though, I spent ages trying to come up with impersonal ones and it just didn't happen. I hope the guy its written to never hears it, that really would break me. Anyway, blah...Im blabbling.
Thanks for the feedback
x
#7June 16th, 2005 · 03:36 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
Amateur, aren't we all?
Your composition is beautiful, your lyrics compelling and I definitely empathize with you
  As for amateur [Amateur: somebody who loves or is greatly interested in something (literary)] China doll is on my play list and very good ratting, did you play the piano? And what did you record with?

Keep it up, Cheers

Rod
#8June 16th, 2005 · 09:51 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i really like this as well.  your picture caught my eye first, so i'm going through and listening to your songs... i really like them.  i think you have a nice sense of mood in the songs you've done.  nice work.  definitely going on my playlist as well!
#9June 16th, 2005 · 10:54 AM
42 posts
South Africa
Hey... there is an oveload of guys on this site so being a girl, i decided to give my input and i think this song rocks, you have a great voice. music is my life and this style that you have used is really mood provoking. i like it. keep at it
#10June 16th, 2005 · 01:47 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Yup i played the keyboard. I had 10 lessons ages ago. only learnt 2 songs and i never got my head around reading music lol I recorded with a crappy little microphone thats meant for voice recognition typing or something.
wow i can't believe how much good feedback ive got from this site!
thank y'all
x
#11June 16th, 2005 · 02:22 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha, that sounds just like me
#12June 16th, 2005 · 05:08 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong
maybe i am you and you and we dont know it yet
#13June 17th, 2005 · 09:22 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
PorcelainDoll
interesting... would that mean that we're skitzophernic?  or like, long lost twins... or ... something... ?  
#14June 21st, 2005 · 01:01 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
8 posts
United States of America
PorcelainDoll
thanks for the listen--"Staring at the Sun". The orignal is very weird, which makes it so much better than my remix. They are a great band and are becoming pretty popular here in the states. Just like the Scissor Sisters. The Scissor Sisters became popular playing at a club called "The Lux" in my neighborhood. I live in Brooklyn, NY. This is before they caught the attention of Duran Duran. I Love All of You Songs. You're pretty fresh for just staring to make music. You have a great ear for it. I love you song with low volume drums in the start and then it kicks in after 8 bars. Don't stop the Magic

The Domer
#15June 25th, 2005 · 11:52 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Yeah man, microphones are the bain of my existance.  Nice job, I like where you're going with this.  The only thing I would suggest is to invest in some good compression software to help fatten up the vocals, while keeping the nice breathiness you've got.  Keep it coming.
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.