#1January 15th, 2007 · 11:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sudden Sunset (collab)

This song is not in a battle

Added vocals to this. Hope you like it.

Edit: This song was written by WritersBlock  in FL. He asked some bandampers to put some vocals down I tried and this is the result. There are other versions also that are good.

Jims: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4017.html

Swordfish added guitar:http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4031.html

Basketcase added guitar here:http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4032.html

Sorry about the confusion I should have done this to begin with.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 15th, 2007 · 11:36 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow...
Pretty cool!

I like the harmonies...   And the power....   Your definitely a good singer....  Man....

This is good......  Love the ending......

JimK
#3January 15th, 2007 · 11:59 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Cool, This reminds me of a song, but I'm not sure what the song is called (sweet dreams are made of these...). I love the effect with the alternating lines. As with Jim's final chorus, I like how you changed it. The overlapping works well as a kind of climax to the song.

Here's the link to the original, http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3988.html, so you can say, wow, that has come a long way, and to see the lyrics =P.

Thanks toast    I like!

WB
#4January 16th, 2007 · 09:19 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
great work Goat, well sung, very creative, quite different than JimK's, quite as innovative
like the gamy music  contrasting to the serious vox/lyrics
#5January 16th, 2007 · 09:31 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah I know now what it sounds like -

if this were worked out to pro level, which it deserves, this would fit in right there with one of the electro-goth-wave compilation albums I have. In fact the chord progression seems similar to one of the songs on there (which is good IMO - I love that bass line! one of those I wish I had written myself)

And goats vox is ace. Has a perfect wavy feel. He should have been a woman though (LOL) that would be even cooler.

But then it would sound even more like the song this sounds a lot like. I'm going to look it up to post the title to it so you can hear for yourself...

ok all that said: Great job!
#6January 16th, 2007 · 10:50 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sudden Sunset (collab)
I agree about the needs more work part (not the me being a women part lol). I did hear a full choir onslaught
during the chorus, you know super high soprano's I just can't sing that high. It took me about 3 hours to do this most of that was trying to figure out how I was gonna sing it. I need to go back and redo it (punch in) to get the timing right and where I'm off key some. oh yeah I really need to take the chair squeaks out and the paper rustling out . I just  kinda threw on some reverb and  did a quick mix. I think I'll work on this some more as I have a few more Ideas.  oops ramblin on again.
#7January 16th, 2007 · 10:32 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
PuppetXeno wrote…
yeah I know now what it sounds like -

if this were worked out to pro level, which it deserves, this would fit in right there with one of the electro-goth-wave compilation albums I have. In fact the chord progression seems similar to one of the songs on there (which is good IMO - I love that bass line! one of those I wish I had written myself)

And goats vox is ace. Has a perfect wavy feel. He should have been a woman though (LOL) that would be even cooler.

But then it would sound even more like the song this sounds a lot like. I'm going to look it up to post the title to it so you can hear for yourself...

ok all that said: Great job!

So, the FL track turned out to bea good thing then? I'm glad you like it (it's very different to its acoustic counterpart  . As for the bassline, it was just simply following the chords, so it wasn't too creative in that sense  .
And toastedgoat, you've got more ideas? I love that you're so keen about it.

I looked up the song i was thinking of, and it was just called Sweet Dreams.

Cheers on the vocals and comments.

WB
#8January 17th, 2007 · 06:01 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
cool
you Rock Goatman..nothing more to be said

Flyer
#9January 17th, 2007 · 06:32 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Baaaaaa Baaaaaa? lol
Man, I really wish that midi was a screaming doubled guitar part( 1 a palm muted guitar,the other an octave higher with all down strokes without playing the 3rd ) esp. in the chorus . Really like what you've done with the vocals but I just cant get over the midi....
#10January 17th, 2007 · 06:52 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
If you're really bugged by the midi, then how about joining to the collab and having a go at the guitar part? Although I wrote this on acoustic guitar, it'd sound pretty sweet with an electric alongside tg's vocals. What do you think, shall we try to make this into a proper un-digitized song? If so, we'd need a bass aswell... Who's up for it? I could e-mail the FL track to show notation, but you'd have to take the rest up with toastedgoat...

WB
#11January 17th, 2007 · 04:45 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Why not blend the two
I like the midi stuff during the chorus part but I hear a real heavy metal (triple rectifier sound) crunching chords thru the chorus along with the midi, and use a  lighter guitar in the verse and change the one cheesy midi sound in the verse to a more wiry sounding synth maybe, or pup in one of his songs on here( I forgot the name of it) has a real cool wiry biting sound to it that would work well.

Just some Ideas I was hearing in my brain. or why not just add some guitar to the mix we have.
#12January 17th, 2007 · 04:56 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Sudden Sunset (collab)
i write as i hear................
i can live with this..................... musically...its great
u treat the melodies really well and I love the 2 part harmonies and all the vocal work............which is hard 2 do........  but it is is kind of hung out 2 dry by the lack of depth in the accompaniment......
haha
im sure u think the same
Technically this song well done done............... i vote
hey i'll shut up and add guitar myself..........

splash the fish
#13March 25th, 2007 · 09:14 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You my friend are not a stranger
I've had this song pop up in my head on a regular bases for the last month or so.
The chorus is so 'true' / 'well made' it's very catchy!

It's such a serious, powerful song, words and music, TG your a bloody star! 
I know more happened to this along the way, I also tried my hand at some ?harmonies? to the chorus, I'm not looking for the other versions.

Translate WBs midi into serious meaningful strings/ orchestra, scream a subtle guitar throughout it, TG already done a A1 vocal. I really do think this to be a very 'big' song.

Treat it like 'Rain' and you've got another hit TG!
#14March 25th, 2007 · 09:18 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey I rember this
I love this
Love that time signature change in the chorus too!
I think there's a different version here somewere
But this one is cool
Goat your voice is awesome man
I vote
#15March 25th, 2007 · 09:33 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
The images that pop up are people in black turtle necks and black jeans and shades.
60's! 60's! 60's!
Not that I don't like it, it just has that depressing feel.
nice!
lmao
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.