#1January 15th, 2007 · 02:27 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Sudden Sunset Collab

This song is not in a battle

Collaboration with WritersBlock

He wrote the music and lyrics, and asked for someone to do vocals... So here is my rendition...

The original track is HERE

the request for collab is here

Enjoy...

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 15th, 2007 · 03:04 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Ok, I feel the need to post about this.
You should know that maybe kings and/or toastedgoat will come up with their own versions of the song. Also, Jimk, you give this song much more of a personal and powerful and emotional touch to the piece. Sometimes I get the feeling you're one of those people who speak at churches (what was their names, you know the ones, 'can I get another amen!')

Anyway, thank you Jimk, great to hear this song on bandAMP and with an extra something I could never add...

Cheers!

WB
#3January 15th, 2007 · 03:58 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very cool indeed
this is very cool. The vocal line I came up with is very similar to this one just slightly different. Good job on this Jim
#4January 15th, 2007 · 09:01 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
cool it is
nice changes of reverbs and moods with vox, all goin very well with the music

beatlesque moments,

enjoyed listening more than one time

love to hear others versions too
#5January 17th, 2007 · 08:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes! very beatlesque, very trippy! It's excellent, no you haven't got toasties powerful voice but I love 0:50 to 1:38 the way you kind of half talk it through with the dark effect!

I did say I would have a go at it and I even said to my self that I wouldn't listen to these versions so as not to be influenced, but alas I listened and I heard and basically I don't think I could produce anything like toastedgoats version and that song in its own rights is going places!

Jim why don't you take some good eerie bits from your vocal track and mix them into toastedgoats version, which I believe, quite recently became swordfishes version! lol
I think some of this going on in the background could sound cool.(0:50 to 1:38)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.