#1January 9th, 2007 · 11:09 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
FL-Vocal Collab, any takers?
I am currently working on putting the music to 'Sudden Sunset onto fruity loops, and I tried the Vocoder there, except it doesn't sound too good, so, if anyone is interested, I would love it if they were game enough to record vocals alongside the FL track. I'll tell you when I've finished it, I may have to do several tracks due to time and tempo changes. I commend anyone who welcomes this challenge, as long as they can sing it better than me (not too hard!)
#2January 10th, 2007 · 02:18 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Ok, I just finished it, however it is fairly basic and the vocals are ESSENTIAL. So, I'll post the track up in the audio review soon and post the lyrics and ask again about the collab.
Cheers!

#3January 10th, 2007 · 08:19 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I'll check it out..
And see what it's about...    Perhaps, me or Nakedtoes4me can do something.... 

JimK
#4January 10th, 2007 · 09:29 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Toastedgoat has offered to try it, but it'd be great to get a second perspective on the song. I'll send you some of the details, the same stuff I sent to toastedgoat.

Thanks for offering up on this. It's not an easy thing to do, especially since I can't describe every little detail on how I'd like the song sung (although I have given plenty of direction).

Cheers! 
#5January 11th, 2007 · 07:43 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
liked the track
really liked the track I was thinking of a depeche mode kind of vocals but I've got a massive cold at the moment so I don't think I can pull it off
#6January 11th, 2007 · 01:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Here's another to add to the list, I'd also like to know how you want the vocals, because I'd like to give it a try!

WB wrote…
Thanks for offering up on this. It's not an easy thing to do, especially since I can't describe every little detail on how I'd like the song sung (although I have given plenty of direction).

You can talk / sing your way through an explanation as an MP3 and send it out
Or catch up with someone through Skype or Msn
#7January 11th, 2007 · 09:26 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
kings wrote…
Here's another to add to the list, I'd also like to know how you want the vocals, because I'd like to give it a try!

WB wrote…

You can talk / sing your way through an explanation as an MP3 and send it out
Or catch up with someone through Skype or Msn

These things would indeed be helpful, but there's a problem there. I don't have a microphone to do a basic speech/rough vocals, and I don't have skype, however, I can use msn, although the downfall being that I can't get the audio across that the others do.  It would just be, my form of the song, broken down to words, then becoming another form of the song. But because of this, there should be some interesting results coming out of this.

And if anyone else is interested, or you want more information, my msn is shanecart9@hotmail.com
Cheers again! 
#8January 14th, 2007 · 02:32 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Ok, now here's a question for you, Best possibility, Jimk, kings and toastedgoat have all said to have a look/try, so if you all don't go insane with frustration (how do I do this??!) there'll be three versions of the same song, each with a different vocalist. Am I able to put all three onto the forums or is there a problem with that?

Can't wait to see what you come up with    and neither can my mum (she'll probably want a live performance too). Maybe, when I get set up with recording (probably at the end of the year at the earliest) there could be an acoustic version, if I can even sing it well. But that's for the distant future...
#9January 15th, 2007 · 02:09 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok...
Emailed mine to ya.....   If you want I can just up it under my name, that way, when all three versions are done, all three can be online, so they can be heard without you having to have 4 versions online under your name...

Let me know if that sounds like a plan..  I'll post it as Sudden Sunset collab

JimK
#10January 15th, 2007 · 06:56 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've been busy and had some time for my self so I recorded a vocal of my own!
I'm off to try and post it now.
I will get to this as soon as the moon!

DiDing Aaa I forgot IE does that for the spellchecker!
#11January 15th, 2007 · 07:19 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
mine is posted.....
It's right HERE

Hope everyone likes it....   It was fun....   I love the song... It has such emotion and power in the lyric content..

I tried my best to give it a vocal performance worthy.....

JimK
#12January 15th, 2007 · 08:37 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
soon for mine too
i have started working on my version. I should have it done next day or so. I have a question though. I would like to change the lyrics around just a little for better rythymical (is this a word?) feel. i'll send you the changes to see if it's ok with you.
#13January 15th, 2007 · 08:52 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
should be fine, I noticed Jim's alterations on the last chorus and I loved it, awesome stuff Jim! I'm pretty sure rhythmical is a word, and I can't wait to hear what you've done!

Cheers

WB  
#14January 15th, 2007 · 11:34 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sudden Sunset
I posted it  I saw that Jim did that so I went ahead and posted this one. It's not great. I can fix some of the stuff with punch in later. I spent 3 hours doing just this much, I guess I'm getting old and slow.  most of that was trying to figure out how I was gonna sing it. i'll edit out the noise and chair squeaks tomorrow.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.