#1November 11th, 2006 · 01:27 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
Triebe und Leidenschaften
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-12

As this site still is called „BANDamp“ and not „NERDamp“, this is real band work. We regret that many of the „bandampers“ dont even play an instrument (a computer is for sure no instrument !!!) Respect to all those who put effort into actually playing in a band. You know all the difficulties of making and composing music with other people. Composing doesnt mean looping drumpatterns with your downloaded music programm.
Its not our intention to say that we are the best band. We know we ve got lots of things to improve and that there are many many people who are better than we are, but at least we try our best to make music.
That were the criticisms ... ?

This is the second version of a song we first recorded quite some time ago.
We hope u enjoy it and please, criticisms are very welcomed and wished

TBR

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 11th, 2006 · 02:29 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
ok... not the best place to start a debate about making music with your pc.  Perhaps it would be nice to start a thread on the Pit about that (I may do that)...

so, back to the song....

It's nice to hear on it's simple structure.  Some tempo issues are a bit distracting, but the recording is pretty good. 

The solo sounds off key most of the time.

I really like the vocals... wish I could know what are thay saying though

oh and the arpeggio parts are the best from my point of view.

EDIT:  Well I actually started a thread about making music with software... hope you stop by and leave your opinions: http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/37555.html.  thanks   
#3November 11th, 2006 · 02:29 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hi,

congratulations on your "real band" work. the groove does make think of the 80's new wave/post punk era, probably because the chord progression is similar to Adrenochrome by the Sisters of Mercy, and probably a whole bunch of other tunes too. Thus, you are not getting any points for originality from me!

further... a computer IS an instrument... it's can be a great tool for making compositions.... True, looping patterns that you make with a downloaded program isn't much of anything, but there's a whole lot more to succesfully create a computer-constructed audio track... It actually takes quite some skill and learning curve to get anywhere with a sequencer program... Sit yourself behind fruity loops for instance, and let's hear what you can come up with in a day's time.

"You know all the difficulties of making and composing music with other people.", right on, it will often cause the band's music to be full with compromises and concessions, sounding totally non original at best. That's why I personally praise all those who have the guts to come forward with their home recorded creations, where the true musicality of an artist blooms in it's purest form, without the constraints and limitations of other people's opinions which are eventually based on other people's opinions, based on other people's opinions, anyway.

So, there I have spoken.

kind regards,
PX (mod)
#4November 11th, 2006 · 03:59 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
@Aetheris: You really can be proud of yourself for being one of the better 'digital music' artists on this site. Your "Dub her madly" still lingers on my iPod to be heard from time to time.

The title of this song is "Drives and passions"

@xeno: All of our band members were born after the era of the Sisters of Mercy. And the chords are basically just Powerchords - not original at all, youre right.

There are so many people out there who call themselves professionals, though they don't even own a music-making program. Like all those so-called webdesigners who downloaded their Photoshop. Thats just not right, and music is more than just Looping samples.

@everybody: Please put more effort in your projects. Dont place yourself behind a guitar for 10 minutes, record some bullshit and call it a 'Noodle'

TBR
#5November 11th, 2006 · 05:07 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
thebonbonrose wrote…
@everybody: Please put more effort in your projects. Dont place yourself behind a guitar for 10 minutes, record some bullshit and call it a 'Noodle'

TBR

AKKKK!

And what is wrong with NOODLES??   

JimkDa NOODLE KING

Oh, BTW, Please read my post in Aetheris's thread about PC VS Band...  Since you made the comments above, you need to read the responses... all responses should go there....  
                Thanks..
                       Jimk ( mod )
#6November 11th, 2006 · 05:16 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
I apologize for being on BANDAMP!!!...

I can't play a DAMN THING!!...I do have Intelligence... maybe in places you are not aware!

All I have are my vocals...... Hmmmm.....

So I guess I am not worthy!

Thank you all Mighty!...... I see my faults!...... I am nothing!.

-NT4M
#7November 11th, 2006 · 11:55 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
You're off beat all the time. Work on timing.
I'm too offended at your comments to say anything more.
#8November 12th, 2006 · 09:15 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
Its sad that our controversial statement keeps so many people from actually writing something proper abut the song.
#9November 21st, 2006 · 09:00 AM
20 threads / 20 songs
62 posts
Denmark
well your probably one of the most arrogant people in this community.

still we comment on the song, since its not the songs fault, that its played of you. We read some parts of the debate and we think you should think more before your stating anything. it always helps.

anyway to the song :

its simple based, but thats not a bad thing. though you should work on more variations!
The recording of the drums is not perfect but well...

as it's said before timing is one thing you should work on but I don't think its too bad here

peace

our work so far:

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3677.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3657.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3676.html
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.