1 2 3 4

#1April 3rd, 2006 · 10:59 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
All That I Can Be
Score: 87.6%
Battle: 2006-05

Well Here it is. The first track off my piano EP. (well actually the second, this is just the first I've uploaded)

The vocals were double tracked and recorded in my friend's flat using some pretty basic gear. The piano was recorded in a 300 year old chapel on a grand piano. Which had an extremely loud pedal but it's not too noticable thankfully.

My good friend Bella put double bass in a few of the tracks which sounds beautiful.

VERSE 1

I know all the things that people say I hear them everyday.
And I know all the things you like and dislike in me.
But I知 not ready for this kind of conversation where you break down,
What I am and what i wish that I could be.

I知 this passive little angel underneath it all,
But come across as something harder to digest, I guess.
When i知 older and i知 wiser I will know my weaker side,
But for now I知 young and bold enough with nothing here to hide.

CHORUS:

And I,
Had always been the same one there.
And I,
Am not the one who痴 changed round here

X2

Didn稚 you notice that?

VERSE 2

I知 aware of all remarks in absence of my presence,
I知 well informed of what i should and shouldn稚 say.
And I have trouble with my foot and what I put it in,
I am walking I am moving but I only seem to stay.

I am sure I値l never change i値l probably always stay the same,
There痴 nothing left I haven稚 lost before that I can稚 lose again.
So i値l continue on my way before I go I壇 like to say,
I知 only one man. With two hands. I知 all that I can be.

CHORUS:

OUTRO:

I知 only one man with two hands I知 all that I can be.
(Two hands I am all I can be)

- Chester

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 4th, 2006 · 07:20 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Your stuff is so good I just had to check out some more of your stuff. Can't say enough good things. The piano has a great sound, these songs are just wonderful. Keep playing/writing/posting.
#3April 4th, 2006 · 09:20 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Absolutely beautiful great project,..perhaps it would add even more when you do the "string part with more ,...,lets say solo part???hope you understand what i am trying to say.
But as it is its just more than good!!! very good luck to you guys
#4April 4th, 2006 · 10:23 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Beautiful!
I don't know what to say cause I have told millions times what I think about your music, but I guess one more wont do any bad: Love your work! Definitely the best here on BandAMP!
I can swear in the name of... myself (lol) that you will be world-wide know; you are going to be really popular. Hope some day I have the chance to go to any of your concerts...  at least come to Chile. May be we can make something together: that would be cool.
Keep making my life a bit happier everyday with your songs.

> Iszil ( your greatest fan)
#5April 5th, 2006 · 01:42 AM
2 posts
United States of America
This is the second song I think I ever listened to of yours, and I really don't understand why this song never "caught on" on this website, it seems. The piano is pretty simple, but I don't see why that would scare people away - you're really poetic and I like your lyrics alot. I know you write for yourself, but it's really cool when I can connect with songs and apply them to my own self, and this one some of the lines I really can. "I have trouble with my foot and what I put it in" is my favorite line out of this song - it's just so clever. Anyway, talk to you soon.
#6April 6th, 2006 · 06:54 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey everyone, thanks for the nice comments!
This is one of my favourite songs i've written. It's quite close to my heart.
that's always been my favourite line too, nathan! No one has ever mentioned it before. But when I wrote it I was quite proud :P

thanks Iszil, as always! Haha.

- chester
#7April 6th, 2006 · 07:29 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Thank you
Piano always makes me listening... And I loved this one... It's got a very beautiful and very natural sound. The way it is recorded - I can really feel the 300 years, I can feel the time and all the space that lies between the ages... I think even Coldplay could learn from this one. The strings are also beautiful... This song made me think about myself... I think I always tried to write a song but I always come up with some crap s... - so I'm happy you've done that for me. With this song you could imagine in what a big but at the same time empty universe we live... It's late.. so I'm getting poetical... This song becomes a hit.
#8April 15th, 2006 · 09:12 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
great song. just awesome. how did you get hold of recording in a 300 year old chapel? nice work on it makes the sound really atmospheric i think your voice is perfectly suited for this song and it's just a very good song and well thought of. Nothing bad i can say because i really love this song ill say it's the best out of all your songs ive heard just huge song really really huge!

100%
#9April 20th, 2006 · 11:03 PM
2 posts
United States of America
Amazing
This has become my favorite song recently.  I listen to periodically throughout the day, and I just wanted to say amazing job.  I truly enjoy your work

MaHaGoN
#10May 1st, 2006 · 10:22 AM
7 posts
United States of America
This isn't really my style.  It sounds pretty good though. a few small issues, mostly from the mp3, not the recording. but not bad.  the vocals are an oddity, not really singing, more spoken word. interesting. will have to check out more of your stuff once I figure out how to use this site.

Joe
#11May 3rd, 2006 · 08:05 AM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Seeing the name Educated Guess at the top is always an early indication of a good song about to be playing thru my speakers... This is really cool, nothing is too overstated, levels are spot on, and that piano sounds gorgeous...

Always a pleasure..

Dave
#12May 3rd, 2006 · 08:34 AM
wooooooooooooooow!
I love the "didnt you notice that?" so much. Especially the "that" =:o)
But then you top it once more and sing over your voice. THAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. "Two hands" Man, let those do hands never stop playing the piano!!!
And I love the line "I am walking I am moving but I only seem to stay" Thatエs just like in one of those dreams you have as a kid when your parents forget you somewhere and you just run and scream. But they dont wait.
I bet theyエve probably seen your album in a record shop and so they might just have forgotten about their little kid.
Wow.
#13May 3rd, 2006 · 04:50 PM
14 posts
Denmark
nice song. it sounds familiar, I mean the music. from a commercial perhaps? but beautiful. maybe would fit a commercial. good job!
#14May 4th, 2006 · 09:33 AM
... awesome
Awesome song dude, who are your influences?
#15May 5th, 2006 · 10:03 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
India
... awesome++
Great song man..
The piano sounds really great
And amazing voice
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 5:28 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.