1 2 3
#31December 20th, 2006 · 07:08 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
my kind of music
Very cool indeed!
feel like joy division are back with a vengeance and we're all clapping!!!
#32December 28th, 2006 · 11:28 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
Sweden
: D
Good work man : )
#33December 28th, 2006 · 03:34 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The vocals are too far back in the mix!

Funny how we all fit together! You don't want the vocal to be heard because it draws too much attention away from what you find important, it sort of works in this song, but not having the vocals to 'guide' or having them so low as to not 'move' the listener differently, it does make it a long song!
I, on the other hand find vocals and the 'word' and all about it unmissable in a 'song', the clearer the better.

But your music and mix are excellent. What wonderful guitar sounds!  :smiley nodding icon:
#34January 31st, 2007 · 06:39 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
cool
I like the flow..this has a nice catchy  tune to it..to bad the vocals are so far back..yes I said it..sorry..but its true...would at least like to see the lyrics posted with the song ..since I cant hear the vocals...This is good..
I think it could be better with a good vocal track

Flyer
#35February 1st, 2007 · 01:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
different philosophy
Thanks for your replies

Well, let me try to explain why I put the vocals in like this...

1) It is meant to be played loud... Club type loud... In this case the vocals we be audible enough while the rest of the music becomes overwhelming in relation to these vocals. This is for soundscape purposes... I often find that when otherwise good music gets played loud, the voice becomes disproportionately loud too, often rendering the lyrics inaudible, and I find that very bothersome to listen to.

2) I use the vocals as an instrument... To blend in with the rest, again for soundscape purposes. Most of my music may resemble songs, but they are really hybrid electronic-based compositions with real guitars and vocals in there. I put a lot of effects to my voice to give it the exact tone I want it to have, and then start painting with it. I want to make suggestions, to trigger the listener to relax and let the inspiration flow. If people think there should be (core) changes made to my music, then that's good: put your ideas in a new song of your own, and my song has served it's purpose then! That's how I tend to listen to a lot of music. I like music by a lot of artists but I can always find something I would have done different - then I continue listening until I understand the decisions made and utilize the inspiration I found to create a whole new tune with.

3) Since it is long and mellow, and does not have a "lead" instrument but continuous, subtle changes in the backing parts instead, it is completely fit for dreamtime/meditation purposes. With the depth of the sound I aim to grab the listener and take him on a journey through the associations and the images in his mind... I do not create diversions or disruptions to kill these associations, I create a basis of support instead - like a virtual comfy chair for the mind to take the ride in Ofcourse this means the listener has to be ready to accept this mechanism, and here's the non-commercial part: not everybody is prepared! It has to do with open mindedness and the willingness and the ability to let go of daily life stress! Think of it like "one PX song a day keeps the doctor away" ... (lol)

So that's kindof my idea of music making. I do not always follow this exact philosophy though... In fact I try to take a new approach with each new song... So... yeah
#36March 27th, 2012 · 06:03 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
Good one - gets under my skin. Would love a remix of this one lasting a full Sunday.
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 12:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.