1 2 3

#1February 11th, 2006 · 07:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Back to You
Score: 75.2%
Battle: 2006-03

Song of love and wonder... And don't tell me the vocals are too far to the back because it was intended this way. If you believe you can't hear them just listen more closely... And enjoy

thought I'd share this...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 11th, 2006 · 09:33 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
really like this...nice little riff going...and the distant vocals really add depth
#3February 11th, 2006 · 09:44 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
5 minutes and 46 seconds of my life gone by and I can't think of a better way I'd have spent them.
The thrashing was barely even thrashing this time, too. Becoming a bit more refined.
The lyrics remind me of Halo. THe panning thing, except with this instead of just making you shiver it keeps the atmosphere tense.

Wonderfull. Wunderbarg. Or however you spell it.
#4February 12th, 2006 · 12:39 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
42 posts
Canada
Song
It feels like The Cure's "Forest" or maybe Bahaus. I really like it. Its very dark and anything with the bass mixed out front is great
#5February 12th, 2006 · 10:10 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Cool... Reminds me of a song you'd hear in a small record store.  Like an actual record store, where they sell actual records (and other things - lol).  The abstract mixing gives it a kind of creepy sound which works well.  Good song to put onto a mixed CD for ambience.  Thanks!
#6February 12th, 2006 · 11:06 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
re: Song
Lesterpolyester wrote…
Its very dark and anything with the bass mixed out front is great

lol I couldn't agree with you more.
#7February 12th, 2006 · 11:11 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Quite retro, I like it....   It is definetely an interesting mix...  I like the way the vocals come through on this one...  very dark...  It actually brings chills....   very powerful song.....

remember, with great power comes great responsibility...  so use this power of music wisely...   ok ok ... enough cheesy spiderman references...    anyway...   This is really cool..

I am serious about the chills, it is a spine tingling masterpiece...   well done...

JimK
#8February 12th, 2006 · 11:21 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
even though you said it, I believe the vocals are to to far away, drowned in reverb, i just can't understand the words and I'm sorry for that.
I think i hear a little distortion om the base drum in it's reverb, did you intend that too? or could that  be the mp3 conversion maybe? it's not that disturbing though.
love that bass sound, nice melody too, guitars fine too, even like your drum sound here
all and all quite a nice song to listen too, might end in my playlist!
#9February 12th, 2006 · 11:53 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good track Puppet - nicely atmospheric, as others have said.  The whole thing carries you along really well.

It's well recorded too - I don't, personally, hear any distortion in the bass drum - but I do hear a strange (possibly intended) noise at 5:36, which sounds like a mike being clicked off, but with a little reverb!

The bass sound is great - how was that recorded?
Drums, as ever, very nicely done - nothing overstated here, they just carry the rhythm along.
Very understated guitar throughout - a nice touch
A decent sound to the vocals too - albeit that they're in the background as was your desire.
#10February 12th, 2006 · 05:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Back to You
Atmospheres so thick it confused my watch........

Cant hear the lyrics though......................so..................

the 'band' recording is great...............lurvely drums.............but I miss the point

REMix? for my ears only

splash

my vote is good...............but the vocal mix shoots it down
#11February 13th, 2006 · 04:25 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
thanks
swordfish wrote…
Atmospheres so thick it confused my watch........

Cant hear the lyrics though......................so..................

the 'band' recording is great...............lurvely drums.............but I miss the point

REMix? for my ears only

splash

my vote is good...............but the vocal mix shoots it down

well thanks for your review,

but this is a soundscape more than it is a pop song.

I sing to trigger effects, and the effects are eventually voicing the message, which is good, because it's a generic message, not especially tied to yours truly.

I don't like my vocals to be dead in your face, it causes unwanted attention for me as a person and would make the words sound more important than they actually are. So, I suggest to just casually chill out with a nice glass of brandy and then imagine you can hear the vocals like you'd wanted to hear them (there's enough feed for that), and enjoy the mix after all.

Call that an interactive virtual remix I do it all time with anything I listen to...
#12February 13th, 2006 · 01:40 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Industrial as most of your music. That bass line sounds cool... if it's a real bass!
Not my style, but guess industrial music lovers would like it.

> Iszil
#13February 13th, 2006 · 04:42 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Have to say again, the bass sound on this song is awesome.
Teach me lol
#14February 17th, 2006 · 05:49 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
I like the feel of this song. Seems dark and Choir like.  I haven't heard too much music like this but I like it. Sounds laid back and I like how the bass line walks up and down.  Cool added distortion throughout the song.  Vocals could almost be a secret song on a Pink Floyd album.  Good stuff....thanks for sharing it.
#15February 18th, 2006 · 07:42 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
The production as ever is great. I would agree with you that the vocals can sit back behind without ruining the effect. For me the song doesn't really go anywhere and it seems to me that it's really not meant to. You just float along on it- very mesmerising- and the vocals weave around in a big pool of sounds along with everything else. I think it works fine like that.
Nice sound overall- moody and broody.
NIce one.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.