1 2 3

#1November 14th, 2005 · 02:20 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Safe from Myself
Score: 78.1%
Battle: 2006-03

Art Of Being's latest single. Hope you enjoy it. BandAmp member's comments and suggestions are always a big part of AOB's music. Thanks in advance.
Be well.
-AOB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 14th, 2005 · 06:48 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very good
I like the way the guitar goes on and on. Especially toward the end this makes it sound very Cure-ish - also because of the vocal tracks; harmony and effect. Sounds very wide and open. Very nice song, well written, produced and arranged!
#3November 14th, 2005 · 12:20 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
re: very good
PuppetXeno wrote…
I like the way the guitar goes on and on. Especially toward the end this makes it sound very Cure-ish - also because of the vocal tracks; harmony and effect. Sounds very wide and open. Very nice song, well written, produced and arranged!

Thanks!
#4November 14th, 2005 · 02:30 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
A nice enjoyable listen. It's easy to sing along with but the lyrics make it fresh. I really like the lyrics. Well done.
#5November 15th, 2005 · 02:34 PM
7 posts
United States of America
Great!
This is a well written song, put together very professionally, this sound is very different from the other songs you put up. It sounds very Collective Soulish. This is an excellent song overall, so I vote excellent!
#6November 15th, 2005 · 02:40 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
I agree with comments above This sounds a lot different (better) then others. Where was ir recorded?
#7November 15th, 2005 · 02:44 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
stuffx wrote…
I agree with comments above This sounds a lot different (better) then others. Where was ir recorded?

Thanks StuffX, it was recorded in Los Angeles in my home studio!
#8November 15th, 2005 · 02:48 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
it sounds like you used a real drumset but i feel like the drums are mixed too low and are too far compressed... whether they were compressed or not it feels like that

overall this is a very well done song - good production values and good songwriting

I do, however, feel like this is just more of the generic acoustic alternative rock that I'm used to hearing all the time. It's you, and you are unique, so that gives it value just for that.

Remember: there are janitors pushing mops who can play better and write better songs than you can, but you are the only one who is you - and that's what people will pay for.

So keep it up and try to find something else to add to your mix other than just your basic acoustic guitar + bass + hypercompressed drums.

Your vocal harmonies are nice but certainly not amazing, I feel like I've heard the same thing from Godsmack before.

Anyway, the last word is: it's good but try to add some more originality in there.

Oh, P.S. the lyrics sometimes sound like "sick of myself" instead of "safe from myself"
#9November 15th, 2005 · 02:56 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
entheon wrote…
it sounds like you used a real drumset but i feel like the drums are mixed too low and are too far compressed... whether they were compressed or not it feels like that

overall this is a very well done song - good production values and good songwriting

I do, however, feel like this is just more of the generic acoustic alternative rock that I'm used to hearing all the time. It's you, and you are unique, so that gives it value just for that.

Remember: there are janitors pushing mops who can play better and write better songs than you can, but you are the only one who is you - and that's what people will pay for.

So keep it up and try to find something else to add to your mix other than just your basic acoustic guitar + bass + hypercompressed drums.

Your vocal harmonies are nice but certainly not amazing, I feel like I've heard the same thing from Godsmack before.

Anyway, the last word is: it's good but try to add some more originality in there.

Oh, P.S. the lyrics sometimes sound like "sick of myself" instead of "safe from myself"

Lol, thanks for the suggestions. Have the janitors swing by my place to teach me to play and sing better, lol.
 You are right about the banality of the song; if you listen to the other stuff I put up, its quite a shift.
Thanks again for the comments. Glad you liked it otherwise.
#10November 16th, 2005 · 01:38 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
very nice i like it man!
#11November 20th, 2005 · 04:00 PM
2 threads
33 posts
Norway
Tight!
Kinda sounds Pink Floyd-esque to me. It's a little bolder than Pink Floyd, but it rules!
#12November 21st, 2005 · 12:56 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
re: Tight!
LunchTray wrote…
Kinda sounds Pink Floyd-esque to me. It's a little bolder than Pink Floyd, but it rules!
You just made my day my friend, thanks.
#13November 24th, 2005 · 07:12 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Damn Nice
Ok.. Mhh I wish I would speak a better English, so there would be much I had to say, so it's hard for me to express what I mean.
Anyway I'm not then man to help in any techniques questions, and as i see much have been already said. But I have to admit that this song stunned me. It sounds very very professional.  I also love the melody and your voice. Just great
By the way - I'm proud of being reviewed by such a great musician. Thanks
#14November 24th, 2005 · 12:48 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
re: Damn Nice
Amused wrote…
Ok.. Mhh I wish I would speak a better English, so there would be much I had to say, so it's hard for me to express what I mean.
Anyway I'm not then man to help in any techniques questions, and as i see much have been already said. But I have to admit that this song stunned me. It sounds very very professional.  I also love the melody and your voice. Just great
By the way - I'm proud of being reviewed by such a great musician. Thanks

Thanks Amused, I am honored to be reviewd by you because you're input is instrumental in me getting better. We should help each other on this website, even if its a one liner on the comments; I have found that I have improved tremendously since I started to post on bandamp. My mantra to all muscians is never stop trying and exploring, strive to do better, and write stuff for your own satisfaction; others matter but in the end its all about expressing yourself, so thanks again and hope you grow in music and help other musicians to grow. Glad you liked this song!
PS- You expressed yourself quite well even though english is not you first language.
#15November 24th, 2005 · 08:41 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Wow... this easily 100% (and I won't forget to rate it!)
Entheon can give you more specific advice, but it pretty cool to see a guy with a great home studio turning out indi music, that stills takes the time to bounce his music off some random (therefore unbiased) people.

Sweet.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.