1 2 3 4

#31May 16th, 2006 · 12:34 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
not from his sleeping-studio but from his attic-studio!!!must be  intensive overthere during recording!..hey ...the song sounds the best in the end..don t now why....
And maybe an idea to video record what happend due recording your tracks on THE ATTIC???
#32May 18th, 2006 · 05:02 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Nice job Puppet, it's kind'of like Bryan Ferry meets Nine Inch Nails meets Depeche Mode(in a good way!).  I would've liked to hear the vocals abit louder in the mix, but I get that you're wanting to make it hypnotic and intoxicating...which the blending achieves. 
#33May 25th, 2006 · 05:13 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Ok, this is the feeling I got with this song:
It has a lot of power, but I couldn't tel what you said on the lyrics.
I think it's in a way too long and monotonous. I recalled me of my song Not Good Enough, which is also long and flat, but I had a nice time making it cause the lyrics has a nice meaning for me, so I guess you also enjoyed making this one. But once again I think it's a bit flat for its lenght.
I liked the subtle effects and touches you put in here; gives it a nice ambiance.

That's what I felt.

> Iszil
#34May 25th, 2006 · 06:07 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Iszil wrote…
Ok, this is the feeling I got with this song:
It has a lot of power, but I couldn't tel what you said on the lyrics.
I think it's in a way too long and monotonous. I recalled me of my song Not Good Enough, which is also long and flat, but I had a nice time making it cause the lyrics has a nice meaning for me, so I guess you also enjoyed making this one. But once again I think it's a bit flat for its lenght.
I liked the subtle effects and touches you put in here; gives it a nice ambiance.

That's what I felt.

> Iszil

Ok ok.. long yea it is... This is NOT a pop song..... and, I repeat.. NOT a radio edit... this is a club version. It's meant to wash all over and around you, engulf you so to speak. To put you in a trance... The vocoder style sound underneath is continously changing, never repeating rhyme and rhythm once... try that one time and still make it cohesive - formants and syllables included... "flat", you say? This song has the most depth I had ever put in a song by the time I created it - music, mixing and lyrics wise. Ofcourse it "drones" on... life itself does too... Also there are no real subtle effects and touches in here. This is one massive overdose... I suggest you listen again, and this time allow the music to really enter your ears. I promise you won't be disappointed. And for the record, just because the vocals aren't mixed traditionally with the typical high end frequencies doesn't mean you can't hear the lyrics... they are upfront enough.

just my personal two cents... no offense intended.

but, thanks for your critiques, every1
#35May 25th, 2006 · 06:42 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
the bones speak...
finally the rain is silent
and the treasure is what it belongs to me
the ladies weak playing hide and seek
any pressure's leaking onto me
I don't mind to have to run for it
coz the air here always is a meeting point
I don't mind to have to walk that wire
on the high voltage where the thieves conspire
I don't mind to pass right through that fence
across the barbed wire cutting my bare hands
till the blood pouring out my face
jump right down from the tower for the highest grace
it is there where the mind explodes
to shed some light in life's black hole
a true connection and the guts to
come straight into the metadrome

now the patterns loaded I'm powered up
got the spiral to the end times over the top
a heaven's mountain spell, an angel's hell
and filth for burning away...
a place on the lake under shining trees
where any damned one can find it's peace
and the pace in mind, to touch the light
even for those who never found their ease

though many of the lines fade into terror
many of the toughts have already perished
but the beauty yeah, I do remember
from the early days to lit it up again, that
sweet pretty face in the last sun's rays
and a golden smile says "this love is WAY"
taken for granted, and taken to sway
turn it around for the brighter day....

wheels are spinning on and on
some lie broken, some are gone
and out there, where the two align,
they eclipse the rust and revoke the spine
the war with things now meet the soil
in the eyes of the demon, we burn and spoil
to death, there's only one way out
floating with the thunder and crashing around

taken pictures of a stronger thought
and the thought becomes shade, red and hot
the heat becomes anger to this
not having the rage to control the lot
feed back circles within itself
till it's overflowing, cuts the half
the sounds collide, when the sun it set
backwards patterns where the human is kept...

ends with exclamations... you can hear them...

#36May 25th, 2006 · 07:12 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Dude, never heard this but just had a listen.
This is an old post right?
Anway, I love this tune, It's like, 12:01am here, so I'll wait till tommorrow. Then, god willing, I'll blast the living s*%t out of my speakers. I can't quite get that feeling of intoxication I can tell I will when the speakers are turned up now cause they are turned down....if you know what I mean. So, with any luck, gonna wreck my speakers tommorrow with this mutha.
Solid tune, make no mistake,
KI
(Sorry for the lack of useful crytic but there are loads of posts and I had nout usefull to say. So I blabbered)
#37May 27th, 2006 · 08:54 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Listening with speakers at a healthy volume now. I have come up with some critique.
It needs a bass line of some sort. Some really cool bass synth or something like that. I think that would finnish off this track well. You could get a bass guitar and put some sick effects on that. I think that'd work well.
Sounds better with the speakers turned up. Bit strange at the start. Like, takes a while to get into it but once I'm into it I really like it.
Good work, but personally, I really think it needs some heavy bass line of some sort,
KI
#38May 28th, 2006 · 11:39 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
a real bass line, yeah, maybe that will solidify one or two things, I agree.

Actually the vocoder synth was a substitute for the bass line... but it's too effected to serve as one, I agree. Anyway, glad you like the tune
#39May 30th, 2006 · 02:45 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Chile
Really cool song. Very deep and weird, but its so long.
Anyway, very good job, great drums and good vocals
#40May 31st, 2006 · 11:25 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
God gracious!! I actually came in 3rd in the battle!

..... HAHAHAHA!!!

I guess, well, thanks all for voting then... !!
#41May 31st, 2006 · 10:24 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
This is trip.
It's not something I say, either. I was thinking a talkbox with a lot of some effect, a flange? The rhythm works for the song. Odd in a Pink Floydian kinda way. However, what else does it remind me of? Peter Gabriel meets industial? I don't know much about that genre, tho.
#42June 3rd, 2006 · 12:00 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
you are the best i have heard till now...
#43June 3rd, 2006 · 10:08 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
This actually made me feel very nostalgic. When I was at uni in the 80s I can remember listening to John Peel on Radio 1 (he used to play unsigned talent) and getting the same vibe from some of that music as I do from this. I think it's the rawness coupled with the good production.
Can't make out the words but, equally, I don't care as I do like the overall effect. Drums sound good and the talkbox keeps it fresh and moving. Only criticism is that it could do with a bit more bass from somewhere just to energize it a little more.
Stylistically not my cup of tea but this is obviously successful music for its clubby purpose.
#44October 28th, 2006 · 03:56 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
57 posts
United States of America
Deffinatly cool, I like how to vocals tie into the song after that long intro, I'll be back to listen to the entire thing sometime soon, I have to cut it short right now though
#45November 14th, 2006 · 11:59 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
this is very different from what I listen to..although its good...I could never think of writing a song like this but you prob say the same about my stuff T lol... nice recording...

Flyer
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.