1 2 3 4

#1September 13th, 2005 · 11:43 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Prayers of Omen
Score: 80.6%
Battle: 2006-05

I like to live life out loud. This song is an example of how loud and intense I like to experience some of life's things, ... I'm really interested how this song affects you as a listener, and what you think of it. If you can find the time, please let me know.

reminder: this is long, long version! (extended, not the "short / radio" edit!)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 14th, 2005 · 03:00 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I really liked the depth to the sound. Some interesting effects in there

The drums are effective and sound pretty good. That guitar tone is ugly and yet...works...in an industrial way.

The synths are interesting. One part sounds like a synth doing 'vowel' sounds or something, not exactly sure what you are using there, if it is some kind of vocoder/talkbox, or if you have just added some heavy vocal FX.

The vocals themselves aren't bad either. Not sure if they are especially tuneful, but they suite the track and sit nicely in the mix.

Anyway, in all I think this is the best track you have posted so far - and i look forward to hearing more. Sounded particularly good through headphones. Definitely a 'mindfuck' song
#3December 14th, 2005 · 06:13 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
vocals remind me of Nick Cave! like it!
Think the drums are too loud maybe, or too programmed/electronic which disturb the organic feel of the song.
Songstructure is great! very freaky sounds too!
#4December 15th, 2005 · 02:07 AM
96 posts
United States of America
yeah yeah!!!
Nice work - the vocals are little quiet -can't really make out what your saying. great changes and a nice depeche mode feel. defiantly a plus on changes and fills - the details of a composition is all ways the highlight of a song. this is defiantly a 'A'
#5December 15th, 2005 · 08:51 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
thanks !

yeah that's a talkbox, in the back... just voweling away with nothing particular to say, but I don't think I should be giving that away

(it may be a long lost ancient language though, I may be applying my subconscious xenology skills to reprogram the listeners minds - in this world, nothing is impossible)

this is one of my more bombastic tracks... I know... the drums aren't all that, but we work with what we have... and yes that guitar is deliberately ugly how nice of you to notice!
#6January 7th, 2006 · 07:57 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
The begining reminds me of Nine Inch Nails
I don't really like the effect used on the main voice. Well I do but it'd be nice if theres was less of it.
I like it. To me it sounds spacey, yet...dirty. The second song of yours I've listened to and its totally different from the first... kicks bum good and proper.
#7April 21st, 2006 · 05:45 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
all the effects used are really mad and "effective" yep they are very good and make this song really really cool!

I think you did a very good job on the drums, apart from complaining that they are computer or midi what ever you like to call it, they sound you have done a pretty nice job on them! i cant understand a single word you are saying but besides that nothing else wrong with this song. Oh yeah and its pretty long considering all the effects used it sounds a bit messy after 8min of crazy effects.... look i did say they were good but 8min worth is a lot and after a while it ummmm.... loses "effect" and starts sounding a bit messy.

But to end on a good point, this is a very good sounding, interesting and cool song!
#8April 22nd, 2006 · 11:44 PM
3 posts
United States of America
Nice...  

I really like this one.....

You and Jimkdaadtman should do a collaboration or something Maybe you could remix his Surface song... add some of your PX appeal as they call it....
#9April 24th, 2006 · 06:50 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Ivanabme wrote…
Nice...  

I really like this one.....

You and Jimkdaadtman should do a collaboration or something Maybe you could remix his Surface song... add some of your PX appeal as they call it....

thanks!

interesting you mention that, btw, about the Surface song. Some while ago that was the intention - me doing some work for that particul JimK tune. Who knows, this may still happen one time. I should first finish re-re-arranging my studio again before I can get any work done at all though... Yeah... I got a dayjob*... so it may take some time (which I am very short on - )

but - thanks y'all

this song is kindof on itself in style and composition when placed against my other music (not on here only btw) but I think it has something interesting, that's why I uploaded it. and yes it's long, but then again this is NOT the short/radio edit.... maybe I should make one of those? maybe an idea...

*courtesy of yeahigotadayjob
#10April 27th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
ENDLICH!!!!!

This is phantastic. At least YOUR style of music?

This is YOU, PX. In all chords in every sound, in every expressions.

Drums are awesome. One of my favourites now.
#11May 1st, 2006 · 10:39 AM
7 posts
United States of America
Interesting. Much more my style.. although perhaps a bit to, um, "dirty" for me. I really like the effects on the vocals, my headphones are actually on the fritz right now, so I am listening through cheap speakers, is part of  the vocals panning? I like the beat, very penetrating, deep into your psyche well done. very professional.
Joe
#12May 1st, 2006 · 03:00 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is a long track, but I can see the "club" merits for it.
Mega effects on everything, but that kind of goes with the style.
Really not the sort of stuff that I tend to listen to, but actually an enjoyable listen all the same for me............ there were times there when I started to think "techno U2"!!!
Damn fine recording quality, and a really great ending.
#13May 2nd, 2006 · 06:56 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok thanks yes, a long track it is, definately designed for club use... meant to have an intoxicating effect. Therefore it has a very thick soundscape with lots of non-repetitive effectuation (the voweling) to invade the observer's mind...

As for sound quality: I recorded this to my Tascam 8-track cassette tape recorder - so it's an analog mix, originally. Cheers
#14May 2nd, 2006 · 07:26 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
22 posts
United States of America
baddass song!  completely weird!

i could've stood for the guitar's being a little lower in the mix...but...hey....whatever.
#15May 2nd, 2006 · 07:26 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
22 posts
United States of America
baddass song!  completely weird!

i could've stood for the guitar's being a little lower in the mix...but...hey....whatever.
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.