1 2 3

#1January 16th, 2010 · 11:35 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
ouch thats gotta hurt
Woah is it  a remix ?

At least there's a new vocal line unlike another amper from a few years ago , passing off Apple loops as his own work.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2943.html

"instant kama gonna look you right in the face ".
JL
#2January 17th, 2010 · 01:33 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
just remember to put the credit in next time.
id hate it if someone took my work and then did a remix of it and called it their own.
actually id hate it if they did a remix of my work anyways just cause i hate remixes LOL 
#3January 17th, 2010 · 12:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Can be a very sensitive area, some artists are so paranoid about there own work they dont want people to hear it fear they will steel their ideas, What a shame
I've come accros a few, and I stay well clear of them   ....lol
#4January 17th, 2010 · 01:18 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
MeowMachine wrote…
Well fais, I don't care if you do use other people's music, I really don't, but acknowledgments would have been nice.
And I seem overzealous? Wow. Just iunno, to me, borrowing music without saying, really bugs me. Sorry if it doesn't bug you.

That's all fine and well. But, the way you went about trying to 'expose' me was kind of ridiculous. That's where the zealousness comes in. It's a Fall Out Boy song..hardly obscure, I wasn't trying to get away with anything. I've already proven that I have the ability to make my own quality tracks. If you would have came to me privately I would have more respect for you (Hi, kings), but now I think differently.

End of topic.

lol What exactly were you trying to accomplish?
#5January 17th, 2010 · 04:37 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
You know that I actually always suspected of Fais but never wanted to say it.
I always thought "Someone who can record and produce music of such a quality can't suck so hard at singing".
This proves my point.
From now on I won't believe anything from Fais until he proves me wrong.
I'm probably being hard and irrational and don't have enough to prove this, but I always had suspected about it.

> Iszil
#6January 17th, 2010 · 04:45 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…
You know that I actually always suspected of Fais but never wanted to say it.
I always thought "Someone who can record and produce music of such a quality can't suck so hard at singing".
This proves my point.
From now on I won't believe anything from Fais until he proves me wrong.
I'm probably being hard and irrational and don't have enough to prove this, but I always had suspected about it.

> Iszil

I guess you just feel like being a cunt today? 
Hilarious.

I'm like this always but I react as things show up.
And thanks for that nice compliment.

> Iszil
#7January 17th, 2010 · 04:50 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I'm actually going to delete all of my posts, so this inane thread wont exceed two pages.
#8January 17th, 2010 · 10:42 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
end of topic...well not quite
I think coming to you privately when you've posted publicly to the world doesn't hold water mate.
I reviewed this song recently and was hugely impressed by the music production level.
But not being familiar with the original believed that this was ALL your own work, now having listened closely to the original  I feel somewhat different.
So if it's the case with this song what about the others?

No disrespect to your computer chops fais
 but
had not it been raised through this link i would have gone on believing fais 54 is a genius.

You can imagine my shock
And as for a zealous Meow Machine , I suppose you could say that but having known her though Band amp for some time now I'm thinking she just called it as it is "the emperor dude has no clothes"
A chain of 3o odd hip tunes  is only a strong as it's weakest link and unfortunately for you she nailed it .
And your responses well I won't say yes won't say no just    mmmm

There is another issue here & it's to do with this compilation album .

We (blakhatz & yokoinc) are released already so we are happy to stay clear of it, but as compiling producer of this album as it were representing bandamp members, I feel this kind of "Publicity" for you is counter productive.

Just some thought from a bystander but I feel the trust has been dented.

regards
greg
blakhatz

#9January 17th, 2010 · 11:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Silence gives... that's the problem, Fais.

> Iszil
#10January 17th, 2010 · 11:33 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
see I dont listen to fall out boy but I found the original and I listened to fais's (i listened to fais's first...and wow...I was definitely surprised. I thought he did all of it himself!)
I agree with blakhatz with the trust being dented a little bit...
I want to thank meowmachine for pointing this out because this is a public matter.
#11January 19th, 2010 · 12:18 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
From blog: "It's too late to Apologize"

To keep this short and sweet...I want to give a heartfelt sorry for not being completely honest about my song at first. I do feel sorry for that, and I feel that the trust that I may have once had is a bit damaged now - But, hopefully I can earn it back! Also, another sorry to kings, and Iszil, to whom I have been particularly rude to. As Triton said, this is a community, and like any community, there will be times where we wont see eye-to-eye, and disagree with each other. It's all part of the system, but it doesn't mean we have to go on and continue hating each other, and disrespecting each other. So, no hard feelings, hopefully we can continue on liking each other (well atleast I liked you guys) and such.

My songs will be taken down, this whole situation has shied me away form posting my songs here, but that doesnt mean the end. You will see me a lot more in the Lyrics Review section, reviewing, posting, and things of that matter.

Thank you,
Stefan (fais).
#12January 19th, 2010 · 01:26 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
fais54 wrote…
From blog: "It's too late to Apologize"

To keep this short and sweet...I want to give a heartfelt sorry for not being completely honest about my song at first. I do feel sorry for that, and I feel that the trust that I may have once had is a bit damaged now - But, hopefully I can earn it back! Also, another sorry to kings, and Iszil, to whom I have been particularly rude to. As Triton said, this is a community, and like any community, there will be times where we wont see eye-to-eye, and disagree with each other. It's all part of the system, but it doesn't mean we have to go on and continue hating each other, and disrespecting each other. So, no hard feelings, hopefully we can continue on liking each other (well atleast I liked you guys) and such.

My songs will be taken down, this whole situation has shied me away form posting my songs here, but that doesnt mean the end. You will see me a lot more in the Lyrics Review section, reviewing, posting, and things of that matter.

Thank you,
Stefan (fais).

That's OK. As I told you before, I have no problems with you; I just try to see each matter as objective as I can.
There's no problems with you uploading songs while you prove that they are yours. I think we deserve that and it would help you. At this point your word is not something we can really trust (sorry for that) so real proofs can fix this whole situation... I'm pretty sure you know what I mean with real proofs.
Well, unless you don't care about your reputation credibility here.
I guess everyone is willing to forgive (yes, you need forgiveness for this) and I think no-one likes to be seen and treated as a liar and cheater.
You are still on time to start over. You've been something good for this community so don't just give up.

> Iszil
#13January 19th, 2010 · 02:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Well this will be a test of character for you now Fais, you can bury your head in the sand and forget it happened or prove to us you can produce something 100% YOU of similar quality.
#14January 19th, 2010 · 05:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
....................may I ?

I dont really see the problem in posting (releasing) a piece of music that is created from music.......loops samples extracts etc IF it is understood where they came from and how they are reproduced.
I dont know in how far fais went in 'ripping off' the track, did you just sing to a karaoke track or did you re-mix it along the way? 

So why delete your song? they weren't ALL karaoke tracks ??          

lol

listening to M - Utopia and D - Sake ..... hmmmm   beautiful stuff, good compilation ! 
#15January 19th, 2010 · 06:09 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
kings wrote…
....................may I ?

I dont really see the problem in posting (releasing) a piece of music that is created from music.......loops samples extracts etc IF it is understood where they came from and how they are reproduced.
I dont know in how far fais went in 'ripping off' the track, did you just sing to a karaoke track or did you re-mix it along the way? 

So why delete your song? they weren't ALL karaoke tracks ??          

lol

listening to M - Utopia and D - Sake ..... hmmmm   beautiful stuff, good compilation !  ;)

No, they were not all karaoke tracks. None of my tracks were. There's a deeper reason as to why I deleted my songs, that I don't wish to get into right now. If you listened to my other tracks, you would see that I have 'skills' (ugh...that made me seem pretty proud with myself didn't it? ) so I would always try to make my cover songs different, or unique. Or atleast do something to it - because I know I have the ability to. In response to Denis....at this point I think I will be burying my head in the sand until I feel the need to 'come back' and release something new. And that'll only be when I feel like it, not anyone else.
1 2 3

Server Time: May 3rd, 2024 · 7:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.