1 2 3

#16January 19th, 2010 · 06:28 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea! Reasons are reasons...but if it's your own music why delete it? It's just a shame to see so much good music just disappear. M's done it Minds did it, Swordy's butchered his music page before today. All in some emotional stupor ! Bloody Artist !!

I've listened to your work (what I believed was your work at the time in any case) and told you you have talent and being proud about it is between you, your self, I and your work.
Really hope to hear 'new' stuff soon then.
#17January 20th, 2010 · 02:23 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah Man, we all live and learn, I sense you did not want to appear as though you were ripping off other artists, hey there's no problem in doing covers, it's perfectly normal. you just made a simple mistake of not mentioning it in the thread.

I'm sure all is forgiven, don't let it dampen your spirit, I've enjoyed listening, collaborating, communicating with you, you're a nice chap.

I can remember a couple of new members who tried to rip my music apart and make me look like an idiot, I could have just walked away from it and never be seen again, but instead I came back vengeance and put them to shame, needless to say those members disappeared off the face off the earth, and I can hold my head up high with pride and dignity.

Whats more you have started a wicked compilation thread, I can't remember the last time when members have got so involved. You have to keep this going, we are so close. Man when you have done it, you will get heaps of respect from the members.

Be strong!! bury the hatchet and move on.

So upload the songs again with details of where you have ripped/other the music. Tell us what you have changed and how you changed it, this will be good knowledge for members.

The longer you leave it the worse it will get, do it NOW
#18January 20th, 2010 · 03:36 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Denis wrote…
Yeah Man, we all live and learn, I sense you did not want to appear as though you were ripping off other artists, hey there's no problem in doing covers, it's perfectly normal. you just made a simple mistake of not mentioning it in the thread.

Wait a minute. We are not talking about covers here.
We are talking about the exact original track without the original vocals and he made a whole new different vocal line on it. In a cover you take the original idea and you play it in your way or the closest to the original you want.
Just clarifying that.

> Iszil
#19January 20th, 2010 · 08:08 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…

We are talking about the exact original track without the original vocals and he made a whole new different vocal line on it. In a cover you take the original idea and you play it in your way or the closest to the original you want.
Just clarifying that.

> Iszil

Taking the original backing music, but creating original vocals has been done before and released many times - a lot more in the hip-hop/r&b world.
One example off the top of my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUPrnu3BEU8&feature=channel
It's not something that is new at all, so maybe that's where our wires cross paths. But, the main thing is I should of stated that it wasn't my music, which I didn't. The wrong part was not crediting the artist, not actually using the music. Again, sorry for that.
#20January 20th, 2010 · 08:43 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…

Just clarifying that.

> Iszil

Taking the original backing music, but creating original vocals has been done before and released many times - a lot more in the hip-hop/r&b world.
One example off the top of my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUPrnu3BEU8&feature=channel
It's not something that is new at all, so maybe that's where our wires cross paths. But, the main thing is I should of stated that it wasn't my music, which I didn't. The wrong part was not crediting the artist, not actually using the music. Again, sorry for that.

No no no, wait.
Man, you used the original track, you didn't record anything again except for the vocals. When an artist makes a cover he records all the instruments again, on his own way.
That's not a cover, sorry.

> Iszil
#21January 20th, 2010 · 09:21 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…

Just clarifying that.

> Iszil

No no no, wait.
Man, you used the original track, you didn't record anything again except for the vocals. When an artist makes a cover he records all the instruments again, on his own way.
That's not a cover, sorry.

> Iszil

Um, Again I never claimed it to be a 'cover'? Read my post again.
Taking the original backing music, but creating original vocals has been done before and released many times and The wrong part was not crediting the artist, not actually using the music.- being key parts.
#22January 20th, 2010 · 11:28 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Oh, yeah. My bad.
Well, anyway, I hope someday you'll prove us wrong and show us that you are really able of making good music.

> Iszil
#23January 21st, 2010 · 05:54 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
that you are really able of making good music.

> Iszil

I joined this website to have fun, meet new people, and get my music reviewed, which I have. I have a great time here on the site, as well as an amazing 'real life'. Great friends, family, and health. So, right now - I'm great. As I said, there's a deeper reason as to why I deleted my songs - and I don't feel the need to tear my songs apart to prove myself to certain people right now. Thanks to Denis, TK, and etc. who have accepted my apology - and to those who have decided to ceremoniously delete their reviews (yokonic) well..I'm gutted 
#24January 31st, 2010 · 11:37 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Guys time to move on...Whats done its done...We all mess up from time to time...Taking responsibility is a big step and that has been done.So let it go guys,micromanaging this issue is just going to make the shit stink more...Fais has nothing to prove. I don't come here to prove anything I just come here to be part of this place so placing such expectations on a production or performance delivery means nothing,we all come here to share and learn.This is a good opportunity for growth so everyone take it for what it is and let it go.Fais do whatever you need to do to stay around just write or produce to the best of your ability and that alone its good enough..Don't worry about this as in the big picture we need each other to keep this community solid.Just remember knowing everything gives us no room for new things so its ok to not be perfect.Acknowledge what needs to be acknowledged and own what needs to be owned and that should  keep it healthy.I think the point has been made so guys please lets move on!!!

M
#25February 1st, 2010 · 03:27 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Here Here!!
Once again you prove why you're one of the ones around
here I  respect and look up to, M....  

I personally never cared for that style or music or for anyone
that "SAMPLED" other people's music and called it one of
their songs...  the best example is  Kid Rock and his Sweet Home
rip off....  sure the surviving members of skynard as well as the
rest of their management team stood to make a few dollars off it..
oh well, sell outs!!

fais, it's true that there is nothing original under the sun....  and that
most all music is easily traced back to influences and inspirations from
others that have gone before....   with that said, your own interpretations
often prove to stand alone by themselves, rather then need the help of
someone else's....  arrangement is a very important key when writing for
one's self....  ok, with this said, ponder and enjoy..

ok gang, be careful picking on MM, anyone trying to turn this back on
or diss of...  there are way to many here that won't stand by for such...
just one of our younger siblings!!!  we are a family here.. Fais and the rest
of us all included!!  and we do stand together, strong!!

(no not strong together...  more meaning this way!)

peace and blessings to all..

Danny
#26February 9th, 2010 · 10:24 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I don't care if you put your stuff up here.. but if it's not  a full on original,, I mean you wrote the music parts and arranged.. no copying songs of any kind (i'm not talking about sounding like another song) . I mean slice and dice remixes of others music... It has no business in any battles.. I don't think you'd put one in a battle but .. This site was originally created to promote song "writers" . not studio chop/remixers..That said.. I don't care if you post the stuff up here... Just make sure any songs you post that are in the battle or expecting votes is yours.

I listened to one of you tracks.. imho.. I thought.. A either this guys I one serious pro engineer with some decent gear at his fingertips.  or .. it ain't his...now we know.
#27February 9th, 2010 · 10:36 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
toastedgoat wrote…
I don't care if you put your stuff up here.. but if it's not  a full on original,, I mean you wrote the music parts and arranged.. no copying songs of any kind (i'm not talking about sounding like another song) . I mean slice and dice remixes of others music... It has no business in any battles.. I don't think you'd put one in a battle but .. This site was originally created to promote song "writers" . not studio chop/remixers..That said.. I don't care if you post the stuff up here... Just make sure any songs you post that are in the battle or expecting votes is yours.

I listened to one of you tracks.. imho.. I thought.. A either this guys I one serious pro engineer with some decent gear at his fingertips.  or .. it ain't his...now we know.

When people say my music sound 'pro' it really does make me happy, and also appreciative at the same time. Because it is all just me and my friends making music together, and having fun - the fact that it happens to sound good is an extra bonus I suppose. There are some incredibly talented members here (like yourself, toasted) - so any compliments coming from you guys are great! I was going to upload a new track, but I'll wait until this compilation album is finished. But, I know there are people waiting.
1 2 3

Server Time: May 3rd, 2024 · 1:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.