1 2 3 4

#31November 25th, 2005 · 05:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
EXPERIMENT S1MONE
leVee wrote…
I would like to know (and maybe someone already has ideas) why CrystalCherry would go to all of the work of putting up the gigs, fake numbers on her sales, ripped-off songs... is she just trying to make it in the music business by any means necessary, or what? Just a hobby maybe? She could be in serious legal trouble... what's the deal here?

hehe... how about Pop Diva Parody?

someone holding grudges against pretty young girls who go up in the world because of... you know what... someone with a drag for a daily life... little prospect... ill-fulfilling social life... no success as a musician and above average intelligence... with no other outlet beside sedatives and cyberspace... AND no involvement in any interesting relationship... someone overly jealous... gets stoned and then creates a fantasy "fuck off" babe, with an extreme demeanor... to control what once was uncontrollable... It gives a rush... he gets actual feedback, no less!! (ATTENTION) he expands his ideas, cuts out pictures from magazines to create the perfect little bitch... raises a few websites (free ones ofcourse), makes up a bio, a story, an album, a few sock puppets to act as "friends"... wants it to be as real as possible, so collects songs and tries to make them sound as though they were sung by the fantasy person... pitch up a womans voice and they all start sounding the same... chipmunk style... do it wisely and nobody will even notice! atleast... nobody Not Smart Or Interested Enough... I can imagine a few things - to some level very amusing, but in a pretty sad kind of way.

hhmm. I already *rust* my case so... I'm still waiting...............
#32November 26th, 2005 · 12:14 AM
6 threads / 3 songs
26 posts
United States of America
i think the funniest thing about this is that even her picture looks computer animated.  if you just click her icon then click again it gets big, and just doesnt look real.  adds to this nice amusing journey.
#33November 26th, 2005 · 02:08 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Most of the websites she had are gone... including the crystalcherrymusic.tk it is gone gone gone

hmmmmmm........

oh well.... enough beating a dead horse...
                        Jim
#34November 26th, 2005 · 05:13 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yep... show's over
#35April 24th, 2006 · 07:08 AM
10 posts
United States of America
re: the nereve
Crystalcherry wrote…
why would radio stations play a song if they are not 100% sure it's authentic, something to think about eh?  I wont defend myself anymore, you're a whore.  Good day.    `

I wasn't here for all this drama, but it made for good reading!

This statement struck me particularly funny as, apparently, she has never head of Milli Vanilli.
#36May 11th, 2006 · 12:44 PM
17 posts
United States of America
Too bad you all are not in the US..
And too bad that the songs she ripped off aren't the property of some big record label which is part of the RIAA...

Let that sue happy corporation get a hold of her - talk about locking jaws...
#37September 12th, 2006 · 08:47 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yehehe reading this back it sure is amusing, still!
#38September 12th, 2006 · 12:52 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
yeah...this needs to remain in the Bandamp Archives....good drama.....
#39October 7th, 2006 · 09:11 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
this certainly made a good reading when i got board. the only that i regret is that too bad i wasn't a member of BANDAMP when this high drama happened  [:cry:]

like BC said this should remain in the Bandamp Archives.
#40October 7th, 2006 · 10:16 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
muahahahahahaha this is sooo funny!

too bad I wasnt here when all the high drama was happening!

I was having a ball readin this!!!!!!
#41October 7th, 2006 · 10:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Unlisted Details
For your information, there was another member on this site called "livadream" who we suspected to actually be the person behind Crystalcherry. Once the fraudulent mp3's were removed from CC's account, "she" uploaded a few very basic acoustic guitar plus voice songs which she described as "almost finished", though her vocal performance was in no way any good, as it lacked any hint of her being a trained vocalist. Now, livadream regularly uploaded songs of his aswell, indeed acoustic guitar plus voice aswell. The crappiness of the recording and the way the guitar was played was very similar... Also, livadream and CC showed the same kind of feisty behaviour on the forums, and backed eachother up whenever there was trouble. Also, they both made the same kind of grammar and spelling mistakes!!! The way they posted was in every way similar.

Finally, when I called CC "someone's wet dream", livadream replied to this thread with "OOOOHHH MAAANNN - you guys all need to RELAAAX!! " Also, (in response?) he posted a song (a cover of The Beatles' Yesterday) with his voice deliberately pitched up to chipmunk style, showing that he had the ability to indeed transform his voice in many a direction, be it by hardware or vst. Ofcourse you should be able to understand the lyrical content of that song....... "why she had to go, I don't know, she wouldn't say"

Anyway, I tried a vst off the web, and managed to change my voice to something feminime convincingly, though ofcourse it did not make me sound like a trained female vocalist... I bet it is the same software livadream used.

To me, that kindof proved the raised suspicion... But other members seemed to have not picked it up and kept posting to this (and a thread started by CC herself) as if she were an actual person, and indeed, the story continued. I told livadream to "make full arrangements, instead of all these crappy tunes you upload" and CRYSTALCHERRY replied "the nereve - puppet you are the king of crappy tunes!"

Now, how's that? It seemed this has slipped the attention of so many... (btw some credit to entheon for first noticing some of the similarities...)

EDIT: ofcourse the actual truth shall remain veiled. The evidence is secondary, based on speculations, so to put it in Mythbuster style: Myth "Plausible"
#42October 7th, 2006 · 11:03 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
funny by the way, I am now a moderator to this site (I wasn't back then, and JimK wasn't either) and I really have no intentions to ban CC's account... even now... hahaha...
#43October 7th, 2006 · 01:21 PM
6 threads
138 posts
India
man that's got to be the craziest thing I've ever read or will read on the Bandamp site.

gosh PX you got to the core even when you were not a moderator. may be you should have tried the FBI, you surely would have made it big there.

Bandamp surely is going down the right path with guys like you and Jimk around.

in the words of PX

cheers.....

ha haaa ha
#44October 8th, 2006 · 02:23 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
the sad saaad life of a man and an imaginary girl...

#45October 26th, 2006 · 10:55 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
woah - check this out
AFter seeing the infamous Crystal Cherry had been on bandamp recently, and even uploaded some hideous crap she called music...I started doing a little research to see if anything recent had popped up on the internet. Here's what I found:

http://music.mp3lizard.com/crystalcherry/

http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/jsp/db/board.jsp?id=11327

http://www.articlewise.com/index.php?print/id:255

I think I'll create a website to promote myself..and...er....make up a bunch of crap about hanging out with famous people and making out with Aaron Carter...and oh yeah....I'm having a big feud with Avril Lavigne, cause she's jealous of me...hahahahahahahahahahah
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.