1 2 3 4

#16November 20th, 2005 · 05:56 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Below is a copy of the Email I sent Tufts University.... They will be very interested in this.
----- Original Message -----
To: inquiry@ase.tufts.edu">admissions.inquiry@ase.tufts.edu
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 5:49 PM
Subject: Plagerism... Not sure where to send this...

I would like to inform you that a person is claiming to have recorded  a cover of Michael Jackson's Man In the Mirror, that ws actually performed by Your University Students, a group called the Tuft's Amalgamates... This person says that it is her and her band singing it, and has been adamant about this... please check this and let me know If I am incorrect... thank you.. the link is below...

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1015.html

Jim
        http://jim.jkoontz.com/
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/meandmyinstrument/
#17November 20th, 2005 · 05:57 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
praise!
#18November 20th, 2005 · 06:20 PM
7 threads / 3 songs
47 posts
United Kingdom
*sigh*
ok, the point is, this crystal cherry has caused so much bloody trouble on this site as it is, the fact that shes guilty or not is almost irrelevant.  What is really important is if these are songs that break copyright procedures who exactly would be to blame? Bandamp or Crystal cherry?

Not one decent person here (this excludes the defendant) wants bandamp to get sued and closed down, so if there is any doubt abotu the originality of these songs i say delete them and ban crystal cherry.
#19November 21st, 2005 · 11:29 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
re: *sigh*
Atreideslegend wrote…
Not one decent person here (this excludes the defendant) wants bandamp to get sued and closed down, so if there is any doubt abotu the originality of these songs i say delete them and ban crystal cherry.

He's got a point.

btw, good to see the quote button working now, before I had to type [  quote = somebody  ]
#20November 21st, 2005 · 03:33 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
Here's what I deem to be pretty much the last kicker:

CrystalCherry... where can we buy your CD - it's not for sale on your "website" and it's not for sale at Amazon.com

so where can we buy your CD? and how bout you send the owners of BandAMP a complimentary copy? if we had a real copy of your CD in our hands then we might be able to figure this out much more easily - also if we knew where we could buy this CD, and that it's really for sale then that would make things a lot more legit.
#21November 23rd, 2005 · 04:25 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
cheap horsesh*t
you are a genuine weirdo, livadream. well as long as it's your own emotions you experiment with, then that's okay with me (I still think you should try and create complete arrangements for a change, it will greatly enhance your experiment's intensity, instead of all these crappy tunes you upload all the time )

just don't experiment with other people's emotions coz that's seriously not okay.

ok peace.

I rest my case.
#22November 23rd, 2005 · 10:56 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
62 posts
United States of America
the nereve
Puppet you are the king of crappy tunes.  the nerve of you.  As far as being a scam artist, i have enough money to buy and sell you stoopid ass.  So, i am not looking for money, that's why it pains you so much to see me as a success huh?  why would radio stations play a song if they are not 100% sure it's authentic, something to think about eh?  I wont defend myself anymore, you're a whore.  Good day.    `
#23November 24th, 2005 · 01:26 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
My Two Cents
isn't it possible that CrystalCherry is a real artist somewhere...

she could be selling albums that were really someone else's songs (see "Wild Horses")- very illegal, and she is in BIG trouble. (and her producer that in this scenario actually exists)

...or, she could be a lonely middle aged woman (and as Puppet pointed out, possibly a man) who copy and pasted the photos from CrystalCherry's website and posted some lame rip-off songs.

NOTE: For legal purposes, I'll say that the above statements were "parody," of how silly people can be.

let me further parody the situation... "KICK CRYSTALCHERRY!!!!!!!!!!!"
#24November 24th, 2005 · 01:59 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hehe...

Yea leVee, I thought about that too, I actually posted those ideas earlier this thread.

I was thinking about renaming this thread "The BandAmp soap: Crystalcherry - the saga continues" but I'm quite really not bloody interested - if my assumptions are correct, and I think they are (I admit it's not a complete giveway) - then it has given me a good laugh already and I do have some respect for the effort.

check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/CrystalCherry

I think the "mother's" comments are too much written in the same style and vocabulary to be coming from any other person than the alleged "crystal" (her)self.

But I will stress again: whatever the f*ck is supposed to be going on, it's not good to experiment with / on people's emotions - in this case a severe act of "mindfucking" - I mean not everybody shares those kind of views on life, and certainly not everyone is interested enough in finding out...

As it is quite obvious: it's keeping too many people busy, and if this is supposed to be a joke, too few of them are laughing... you do the math.

NOW I rest my case.

THE END
#25November 24th, 2005 · 12:13 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
??????????? "i have more success than any other user" ??????????
#26November 24th, 2005 · 01:18 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I can't find your album anywhere... I have checked with toxic records, and have not found anyone who knows anything about it... please let me know, I am very interested in seeing this album that has sold so many copies.. also where are you touring? there is no tour info ANYWHERE... I would think that that would be somewhere on your site and should be all over Toxic records site... every record company promotes the tour...
        Just wondering...
                  Jim
#27November 24th, 2005 · 04:23 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hehe... I go with da ADT man...

Crystalcherry... You Know What?  If you promise you'll send me an authographed copy, I will PURCHASE your album for DOUBLE the price! NO KIDDING! I have paypal and all, blah blah, so...
#28November 25th, 2005 · 11:24 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
CC - you still haven't answered my question

if you've really sold 7000 albums... where can i buy one... that was my question and all you said was that you wouldn't provide one to bandamp for free

that's fine... so where can we buy your album(s) so we can proove to ourselves that you're the real deal? and where are these 7000 people who bought your album and where did THEY buy it from?

honestly i had a damn hard time finding anything resembling a legit website for you on the internet - you've got crystalcherrymusic.tk - of all things... a DOT TK domain!!!

and then you've got some other random websites with no value whatsoever... your CC UK site claims you'll be playing The Hard Rock Cafe in Boston at the end of this month... but The Hard Rock in Boston isn't a music venue and the events calendard for The Hard Rock Boston doesn't have you listed and there's no stage...

I live close enough to the Boston area that I would be able to actually *see* you perform live and thus conclusively proove - officially - for the folks here at BandAMP that you are the real deal... (i know how to get there, i've been there before)

so... what's the real deal?

you still haven't answered my question: where can I buy your album?
and now i have another question too: are you really playing the hard rock boston?
#29November 25th, 2005 · 11:47 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
hmmm ... i for one didn't subscribe to the conspiracy theories when they first came out, but the evidence here appears to be overwhelming.  and CC's apparent inability to answer Entheon's question would seem to be almost as good as a confession.  She has an album that's sold over 7000 copies, yet no one can find anyone who's bought it or any trace of it being sold anywhere.

Maybe her gran bought them all ...

I think this argument is going round in circles even though everyone knows the truth.  Personally I would give her one more chance to answer Entheon's question fully (without being rude to anyone) or she should go.  There's far too much at stake here - we can't afford for Bandamp to be caught up in a copyright scandal.

Just my humble opinion, for what its worth.
#30November 25th, 2005 · 04:18 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
just like to second randomdave's motion

(yes, I know it doesn't work that way)

p.s. I would like to know (and maybe someone already has ideas) why CrystalCherry would go to all of the work of putting up the gigs, fake numbers on her sales, ripped-off songs... is she just trying to make it in the music business by any means necessary, or what? Just a hobby maybe? She could be in serious legal trouble... what's the deal here?

p.p.s. feel free to totally ignore anything I say... especially if you're a lawyer 
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.