#1July 9th, 2012 · 02:54 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
yeti scalp
This is my first attempt in making a video without filming myself playing an instrument.
From the first vague, abstract idea to this (amateurish) result it took around 3 weeks or so.
On this video I played around with lights, collected motives and made ~3500 fotos, added a couple of "XStockvideos" and tried to create a visual, psychedelic pendant to the music.

Please lemme know what you think.................

U.L.I.

#2July 9th, 2012 · 02:51 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is a fantastic score track until 1:22 for some crime series or so
I like 2:50 and the floating colors and this fat guitar solo
#3July 9th, 2012 · 04:52 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
I think its good. You can tell it's taken a lot of time and effort. It's a bit samey after a while. The best bit for me was the shot of the different coloured tea light candles. I think it was a really clever idea you had there to sort of switch them on and off like they were light bulbs to the sound of the music and dance and flicker as well (was that stop gap photography?). I think I liked that part more because flames have alot more movement/character and are almost like a living entity and are therefore more interesting to watch than electric lights. I'd liked to of seen more of this as it was quite a short 'scene'. The sparkler at the end also had a great energy which matched the music well. I get why the sparkler is at the end cos it burns out at the same time as the music which is clever but felt hat the interesting energy it had was wasted a little and could maybe have been featured earlier as well...?

The other elements were interesting but I kinda felt would have been more effective if you were able to combine the dancing blue lights and the fading studio lamps in the same frames or shot instead of cutting from one to the other (don't know if that's possible for you to do tho).

Is the music a seperate track you have on here cos it's pretty awesome. I prefer this track to the few songs of yours that I've heard so far. I'll check out some more when I have time.
#4July 10th, 2012 · 03:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice idea. ~Yes a lot of work, well done.
I'd like to see you perform all instruments in front of a green screen, with this movie in the background
#5July 12th, 2012 · 03:42 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Tnx a lot for your feedback. 
With this vid I tread uncharted trails so it´s far from perfection.
And your impressions are quite helpful to learn more.

Ian wrote…
The other elements were interesting but I kinda felt would have been more effective if you were able to combine the dancing blue lights and the fading studio lamps in the same frames or shot instead of cutting from one to the other (don't know if that's possible for you to do tho).

At the moment I can´t use your recommended "pic-in-pic" thing cuz I still use WLMM.

@ Denis: same about greenscreen shots. I´m still not able to do things like that.
But the time will come..................................somewhen 

TK wrote…
This is a fantastic score track until 1:22 for some crime series or so
Interesting association.....................ruf doch mal die "Tatort-Redaktion" an. Til Schweiger wünscht sich ja eh nen neuen Titeltrack. hihihi.
#6July 12th, 2012 · 02:23 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
ULI!!!..This is extremely creative in my book...totally surreal and just up my alley...I'm impressed...good,good job my friend!
#7July 13th, 2012 · 02:56 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Tnx a lot, M . I´m glad that ya´ll don´t find that "choreography of lights" as desastrous as I feared before I uploaded it.
#8July 13th, 2012 · 06:24 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ian wrote…
Is the music a seperate track you have on here cos it's pretty awesome.

Here it is

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8158.html
#9July 15th, 2012 · 02:15 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
yeah, ive been watching it a few times, on different screens, i must say I like it, it leaves enough room for the music and yet is entertaining.
No need to say I like the music as well!
Great job meinem freund!
its playing on my big TV screen now
#10July 17th, 2012 · 03:04 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
     Tnx a lot , Max.
Watching on a big tv screen is what I still must do. This might intensify the psychedelic aspect of the vid.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.