1 2 3
#31August 8th, 2010 · 06:58 PM
1 posts
United States of America
Fais54 here 
And I've pretty much aught myself everything I know about recording, and etc. I'm sure I would be better with some professional training, but who has the money for that? 
#32August 9th, 2010 · 02:41 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
woah wait what hold the phone here senator
speechless.
did you not get the hint the first 2 times? maybe i've missed a thread or post or something somewhere...

and of course im not trying to be hostile or whatever but like 'shock' is essentially the state i'm in right now. denial is 20 miles up ahead.
#33August 9th, 2010 · 09:30 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
woah wait what hold the phone here senator
speechless.
did you not get the hint the first 2 times? maybe i've missed a thread or post or something somewhere...

and of course im not trying to be hostile or whatever but like 'shock' is essentially the state i'm in right now. denial is 20 miles up ahead.
don't worry, he's deleted.
#34August 9th, 2010 · 07:53 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
as blur would say in song 2
WOOOHOOO
#35August 29th, 2010 · 11:44 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
22 posts
United States of America
taught myself how to play guitar.  I'm alright.  I could practice a little more than I do but I still pick up the strings and wail occasionally...
#36September 3rd, 2010 · 12:22 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
self taught here too.

I find playing by ear is much easier.....for me anyway.

& YEEEEE AAAAAAYE!  I finally remembered my password for this site.

(memory's going)

;O)
#37September 5th, 2010 · 10:25 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Some music conservatory and private classical guitar lessons on my early teens at least enough to get me started with chords and arpeggios(i would say about a years worth) but in general self taught.As far as music production much of what I know at least the tools that got me started I do own my appreciation to members of here...
#38November 2nd, 2010 · 02:12 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
SlightlyStoopid wrote…
I was primarily self taught for about 9 years.  But I found that in order to get to the next level of musicianship I needed to seek out the experience of professionals for private lessons.
Same sorta thing for me, I take lessons now.  You can learn so much from teaching yourself though.
#39November 2nd, 2010 · 04:11 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Got a similar way like marino . Some lessons in my youth but  I´ve learned much more by jammin´around with
unknown musicians , playing sessions (preferable) with better playing guys . Or playing to the music I was  currently listening on tape deck or LP or radio......ear education.......
So I learned to improvise and to respond , interact with others.
When I reactivated my musical interrest of  course I practiced 4-8 hrs per day.Git, then bass.. On keyboards
I´m a complete autodidact .Also in case of recording . I read a lot of recording magazines to learn the basics
of modern production methods . " Learning by doing" is my motto .(disappointments , frustrations , failures included) but so I developed my own , unique and individual approach to produce my music. And this is the essential  of everything I´m doing . And I joined this site to give my abilities the "final tweak".
Sometimes I regret a bit the lack of musical education because  I would know better what I´m doin´.  
Guess , everyone has to find his own way.
A simple rule is : practice, practice, practice, practice..........collecting experiences..........
ciao
 U . L . I .
#40November 2nd, 2010 · 04:19 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
ULI wrote…
Got a similar way like marino . Some lessons in my youth but  I´ve learned much more by jammin´around with
unknown musicians , playing sessions (preferable) with better playing guys . Or playing to the music I was  currently listening on tape deck or LP or radio......ear education.......
So I learned to improvise and to respond , interact with others.
When I reactivated my musical interrest of  course I practiced 4-8 hrs per day.Git, then bass.. On keyboards
I´m a complete autodidact .Also in case of recording . I read a lot of recording magazines to learn the basics
of modern production methods . " Learning by doing" is my motto .(disappointments , frustrations , failures included) but so I developed my own , unique and individual approach to produce my music. And this is the essential  of all I´m doing . And I joined this site to give my abilities the "final tweak".
Sometimes I regret a bit the lack of musical education because  I would know better what I´m doin´.  
Guess , everyone has to find his own way.
A simple rule is : practice, practice, practice, practice..........collecting experiences..........
ciao
 U . L . I .

I've never had an actual lesson in mixing other than one time when someone showed me how VST plugins worked, which was actually quite helpful, so I've had to figure it out by myself and by reading books for everything else.

Just doing it is the best thing, really, or learning by doing as you said.
#41November 2nd, 2010 · 04:38 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I´ve seen some tutorials by ´marino`   tutorials tutorials tutorials.That are  tool ya have to use.Buy magazines....
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.