1 2
#16July 22nd, 2005 · 08:55 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
United States of America
complex simplicity
Hey...whats up everyone?

I am Midnyte....aka Jenny. Friends call me Middy usually though.

Why Midnyte? Well by nature I am a night person, and I write
alot of dark almost gothy poetry. I got the name years ago
and it just stuck.

I have been singing since I could talk. I took piano and voice
lessons from the age of 8 until almost 19, I self studied
theory in high school and was a member of the chorus all 4
years, as well as a church choir for my grammar school years.
My songwriting picked up on a whim, and I am starting
work on an EP and doing collaborations with alot of talented
people.

I am a solo artist though, not a band.....but I feel that the effort
and the emotion I put into every note, is worth what a full
band can do sometimes. 'Tis all in perception.

Pleasure to "meet" you all
#17July 23rd, 2005 · 07:02 AM
1 threads
1 posts
Norway
Hey!
First of all: Heihei Sindre! Ser at det var enda en norsk en her jo Er helt ny her, fant sida akkurat nå...

Then, about myself. I'm a girl in the age of 17. Found this page today, not quite sure if I understood the download/listen to music-part of this site, but I'll make it.. I have played the cornet for almost ten years in my band, maybe you would call it a marching band...? I'm from Trondheim, Norway. This year my band took part in Norwegian Championship for bands in Oslo, we didn't make it all the way to the top... I have also played piano for 7 years. What else to write? Ask if you want to know anything more
#18July 27th, 2005 · 02:50 PM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
Hey guys i'm Jon Coote, and i'm 15 (16 in a week)
    I was forced to learn piano at four, and then i gave it up aftern grade 5, because of a rubbish teacher, who made me play boring pieces. Then my friend(amazing pianist) recommended his teacher, and i thought o.k. So i started having lessons with him, and after three weeks, he moved house to the one opposite me!! anyway, i got distinction on my grade 6, and now he's got me playing Beethoven, which i though was way above my league.
    When i was ten, i started learning trumpet, and i got to grade 4, but gave up, because i couldn't stop blowing out my cheeks. I still get it out occasionally for the odd tune, but i can't cure that problem.
    My mum has this old acoustic, which i used to mess around on. I started just trying to work it out, and after a couple of months, i worked out how to play buffy the vampire slayer!!(my first ever tune) Then when i was 13, i bought a cheap, crappy guitar, and started learning for real(teaching myself) I have the brilliant ability that i can hear something, and then go and work it out. So when i started, it didn't take me long to start playing some good tunes. I've been teaching myself for the past 2 years, and getting fairly good now. I enjoy playing any songs that please my ears. I'm into learning fast solos just to show off, i'm more the good music kinda player.
    When i was 14, my mum suddenly asked me if i wanted a drum kit. I obviously said yes! i bought my friends not toobad kit off him for £100, and still have it today. Like guitar i teach myself, and am getting quite good. At my previous school(i'm inbetween schools at mo) i was drummer in the two main school bands.
    Also when i was 14, there was a battle of the bands, and a band from my year needed a bassist, but no-one could play. So i offered(not having played a bass, or even owned one) and convinced some guy to let me borrow his bass for a fortnight. Anyway, i spent hours learning away, and we cam second in the compo. Now, i still don't have a bass, but when my sister comes home from uni, i play hers. One day i will buy a bass.
    With music, i like to play any instrument. if you threw one at me, i'm sure i would after a while work out how to play it. In the next decade or so, i am going to nurture my talent, and try and learn as many new instruments as possible, so i have many possible options for a career. Hope i didn't bore you with this!
#19July 27th, 2005 · 06:03 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
rastaman warrior buffalo soldier more dread than the color of skin
my music and my mind eventually will congeal within
your thoughts and perceptions till you become aware
of the invisible landscape pulsing underneath your hair

i began my musical education in the ages of old
before the light before the dark before stories were told
all we had was the fire and the passion to survive
now we live on the wings of eternity this body we now drive

my simple goal has no net to catch the particle
which you intend to project however hard it will
travel on the open road to meet your destination
take a leap of faith and fold your hands with patience

will you ever know me? i don't know
if you ever know me i guarantee you will grow
the mind is a funny thing, it can trap you where you stand
your body is only temporary but your soul is what makes you a man

women are the highest form of art and beauty is the essence of love
don't forget to let your hair down and don't put your self above
how did i get here to where i am in such a short time
all i do is keep on going for i know what i know and i know what is mine

peace bruthas and sistas
#20July 27th, 2005 · 08:21 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
hello all! my name is matt and im 15. i recently found this site while doin a search for info on the guitar. while browsin i've heard loads of incredible music, and talented musicians.

I've always been into music for listening pleasure until a little over a year ago when i was given a fender strat for christmas and since then i have a much greater appreciation for it. i've had no lessons but have been told i am quite talented and a very fast learner. i play and listen to any kind of music and enjoy it all. i've been lookin for a band to play with or just a few ppl to have some fun, but unfortunately i live in the middle of nowhere, and also the stupidest state in America, (literally ranked #50 in educational programs), so all the others close to my age around here seem to have very limited talent. i played a couple times with older bands around there 30's, but again my age kept me from fully bein able to participate.

I consider myself not to be very accomplished as a "musician" bc i kno very little about musical theory and things of the such, and i also have not yet made myself learn to read music. i can only read the bass clef(learned from a couple of years in band on the trombone  ) which does me no good on the guitar, so all of my playing ability has come from tablature. i would like to learn EVERYTHING about the guitar... scales, notes, etc..... but it all just seems soooo boring to learn. but none the less, that is the next goal on my list.

seeing as how im very new to the site i've yet to post ne songs, but i plan to as soon as i get a little more equipment...specifically a mixer which is already on its way .
#21July 28th, 2005 · 10:32 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
Elbay wrote…
the stupidest state in America, (literally ranked #50 in educational programs)

uhhh, what state is THAT?
#22July 28th, 2005 · 10:56 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
probably where I live 
#23July 28th, 2005 · 01:49 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
good ol' south carolina
#24July 28th, 2005 · 01:55 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
ah, see, i thought it was KY   maybe we're 49?
#25August 2nd, 2005 · 03:45 AM
5 posts
United States of America
I'm new and thought I'd introduce myself. 

My name is TJ and I'm from Birmingham, Al.  I've been playing guitar for around 8 years.  Influences include Ron Thal, Mattias IA Eklundh, Randy Rhoads, and John Petrucci, I would list more but I'm entirely too tired to think right now.  I love all genres of music, even country classical and techno 

I've been in several bands over the years, everything from a "hardcore" metal band to a contemporary jazz outfit.  I may post some tracks for review, but I'll probably only post stuff that I write myself, which, unfortunately, will not contain lyrics because I can't sing worth a crap.

My musical background is mainly classical and symphonic stuff, I started out playing the Tuba when I was 11 or so, can play the majority of brass instruments, could never get woodwinds to work for me though, could never figure it out.  Got an acoustic guitar when I was 14 and been in love ever since.  I was going to college for music education, but had to drop when money ran short, still trying to get back in though.

Found this site off of a guy at youthink.com a few days ago, but was having odd problems logging in until this morning.

Sorry for rambling on   can't wait to start participating more
#26August 10th, 2005 · 04:16 PM
8 threads / 6 songs
46 posts
Norway
re: Hey!
Flower wrote…
First of all: Heihei Sindre! Ser at det var enda en norsk en her jo Er helt ny her, fant sida akkurat nå...

Then, about myself. I'm a girl in the age of 17. Found this page today, not quite sure if I understood the download/listen to music-part of this site, but I'll make it.. I have played the cornet for almost ten years in my band, maybe you would call it a marching band...? I'm from Trondheim, Norway. This year my band took part in Norwegian Championship for bands in Oslo, we didn't make it all the way to the top... I have also played piano for 7 years. What else to write? Ask if you want to know anything more ;)

Heisann! Første norske person jeg ser her!

Send me a pm if you want me to explain anything to you!
#27August 11th, 2005 · 01:34 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
45 posts
Belgium
Lucky man
Yeah Lucky is my real name !
I'm 37 old and come from Belgium that joking country !
I'm playin guitar and programming music since 20 years now and I started singing last year .
My influence are the 90's and the grunge era, my fav is John Frusciante. I was computer teacher till june and now i plan to make my life only by playin music, don't care bout money or commercial, i just want to live a nice life doing what i love.
I found BandAmp by google and i'm very happy we can share our music and have a talk about it .
Thanx for this website wich is helpful kiss and love to all !
#28August 11th, 2005 · 03:12 AM
20 posts
France
I haven't introduce myself before posting, excuse me, I'll talk a bit more about I now.

I'm 16 and I live in Paris subburbs. I've played guitar for one year and a half now, which is not realy long but I train hard and there is no day when I don't play less than an hour of guitar

I've been influenced by grunge, punk and metal movement of course but I'm opened to all music styles, I really enjoy listening Mississipi blues and English bands, I think Englishs and Americans have maybe the best musicians, look at Jimmy Page and Pete Towhnsend, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Flea...

Bt music isn't my only hobby, my second passion is definitely role-playin' games.

I've discovered BandAmp on Lyricsfreak which routed me to your site, and I've become enthusiastic by BandAmp.

Thanks to all and happy to have met so interesting people 
#29August 16th, 2005 · 07:23 AM
3 posts
India
wow, everyone here seems to be from either the us, or from somewhere in europe, or australia... thats strange.
anyway, my names Raghuvir Kasturi, i'm 17, and im from India. i've been playing the guitar for the last 9 years, under a brilliant teacher . i recently started playing the tabla, an Indian percussion instrument, for the last 2 years, and the bass for the last 2 days. 
oh also, i love role-playing games!!! music and role-playing.... thats about life is.
i discovered bandAmp on the gmail ad column, and it looked fairly interesting.
im so glad i clicked that link...
#30August 17th, 2005 · 02:57 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Australia
hey im from australia too.... yeahyeahyeahs wot part u from dude... i like ur style
im 17 and from aust as i said... i play guitar n luv metal, old rock and jst about nething except over played radio tunes
umm im also lookin for sum1 to do drums wit my stuff... anywhere in the world... il send u my stuff u see wot u think... make drums for it... u get the catch

espxxx
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 2:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.