1 2 3

#1February 14th, 2008 · 05:43 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Your setup
I figured we share out setups--nothing complex, just a few pics with some equipment and a work environment.

I have a Korg Toneworks AX5G pedal going into my mixer shown here, with my wonderful cable management system of shoving wires out of sight.

My laptop and the external monitor I use.  Currently, I've got Windows running emulated on the screen to the left, and am running Firefox natively through OS X on the laptop screen.

We've got my guitars: a Gretsch Synchromatic and a cheap Rogue that is actually pretty solid.  My mic and stand chill by my desk where I record, and I adjust the mic depending on whether I am singing or playing.  I do both sitting down.

Now you?
#2February 14th, 2008 · 05:44 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I should mention: please resize pictures to at the very most 640px wide so as to not break the layout of the forum.
#3February 14th, 2008 · 05:51 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
photos
I am well impressed ..................... you got the vacuum out..........
my foto over the weekend
nice thread av      

the fish
#4February 15th, 2008 · 06:08 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
my set-up doesn't come with Mountain Dew     I'll take some pics - you're all gonna howl!
#5February 15th, 2008 · 07:13 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha.. okay, here we go. 

In this first one, I'm actually standing in the opposite corner of my room.  It's quite small, as I'm sure you can gather from the photo.  My bed is on the right, and my door is on the left.  The guitar usually stays safer when it's closer to the bed  

From left to right, we've got the keyboard that I honestly don't use all that much anymore, then the mic, and (above) mixer (below) old amp, then the PC / DVDplayer / TV setup, with my subwoofer hiding under the table, and finally the guitar.  I think I own one of the flimsiest tables in the world.  WinVista Ultimate / XP pro partitions on the PC, running... (any guesses?) Opera for a webbrowser, currently in gmail  

A straight-on shot of my shelf setup, which I've grown fond of.  Eh, and a little bit of the upper library shelf, too.

The sound board from a little closer.  Dusty!  I've only been using the mic's channel recently, so everything else is turned off on the board.

Everything's actually plugged in and ready to go if I turn the mixer on.  The keyboard, mic... had my brothers electric guitar running through it earlier.. cables are all nice and out of the way like this.  My speakers have all my sources running through them... the TV, the computer (of course) the DVD player (my box lacks a DVD drive... i know.. it's sad), the mixer, and an extra line-in cable usually lies around for my iPod to plug into the mad sound mélange as well.
#6February 15th, 2008 · 10:18 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Now I feel like I should have made an effort and not used my phone camera.  Nice setup, Tim.
#7February 15th, 2008 · 11:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
you know... looking at it in a picture, it looks a little cluttered.. oh well   I just happened to have my actual camera handy.  I never get a chance to use it anyway, so it was... exciting... yes, very exciting.  Actually, it was a good reason to vaccum, myself!  you can kind of see the lines in the carpet on that first pic, hahaha...

I'm with spoon; i don't have any mountain dew either.  (i'd pick straight up mountain dew, and not diet, but hey that's just my preference )
#8February 16th, 2008 · 03:12 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I dunno, I just prefer the taste of Diet Mountain Dew.  If I am being totally honest though, that is just a bottle of DMD filled with Crystal Light.  1 pack of Crystal Light makes 2 quarts, and very conveniently, that's about the size of a 2L of DMD.
#9February 17th, 2008 · 09:23 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
bumpity bump.
#10February 17th, 2008 · 10:47 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Working on getting a digi cam all i have is a Nikon and no scanner....
Soon...maybe by next weekend!
Cool thread AV
#11March 28th, 2008 · 02:42 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
Sweet setup you got going there.
#12March 28th, 2008 · 09:37 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
so how do you get pictures on to this post then?
#13March 29th, 2008 · 01:12 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey
I promise to get some pics once I get it set back up... I am in the process of moving everything, so it isn't as it was, or should be... BUt once I'm done, you will get to see....     I can't wait!

As for Avi's set up, well, dang man.. it's too neat...  Mess it up a bit will you? throw some pizza on the floor, and step on it a bit... cmon man, be young and reckless.....  ALso, let me add that that Rogue looks like mine, and I love mine... it's my favorite guitar, really...  I ended up buying many more because they are so damn rugged, and sound awesome...  For the price, there really is no better alternative... It is what I recorded most all of my acoustic guitar stuff with....
#14March 29th, 2008 · 01:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
SirBorris wrote…
so how do you get pictures on to this post then?

I just uploaded my pictures to a free host site, like http://imageshack.us/ , which is super easy.  no registration, unless you want to keep track of all of the photos you've uploaded via your profile on the site.  Most of the time, i don't care about keeping track of them.  So, once i've uploaded, it spits out the links for the thumbnail, the main picture, etc.  You can just copy the literal url for the picture (supplied somewhere in the list of urls that it'll show you) and put it between the [ img ] and [ (forwardslash)img] tags.
#15March 30th, 2008 · 03:03 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
ok here is the fish tank

how u get big pictures?

*Moderator edit by Jimk*

Here Swordie, I'll fix it for ya...

Hmm getting a little blurry in here... perhaps the camera has had a touch too much wine?

I saw the wine glass... I knew it.... hehehe...
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.