1 2 3

#16December 15th, 2005 · 01:22 AM
5 posts
Mexico
saludos
pues a mi me da igual el idioma, pero si el español es mas complicado y mas rico, creo que enriqueceria mucho esto
#17December 15th, 2005 · 01:49 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
I think Kmaxtli is right
This is no-abuse
It's just my oppinion
I'm not being nasty
#18April 25th, 2006 · 02:49 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
Mexico
I think english it's fine as a standard language 'cause almost everyone can understand it. Now, Entheons ansewer "because we're americans and we don't care" seems to be a little... ok, you can imagine a word that fits in your language. In spanish it would be "absurda".  We're not trying yo get people studing everyone else's languages, just think about how rich this site could be with more cultural appreciation...
#19April 26th, 2006 · 04:51 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Forums by language?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!
       Forums by language will seperate us; it will destroy the diversity we have here. It will destroy the community. Then Bandamp would be just another forum in the gigantic sea of them. But the way it is now, we are a community, every one person an individual but part of the whole. If you seperate the spanish-speakers from the english-speakers, everything that this site is about has gone down the drain. The diversity, plus think of all the input taht you would never get from people of other languages.

I don't know words strong to enoguh to express that seperation must not happen. Luckily, I don't think mud will go for it. But you guys must understand why it can't happen.
#20May 4th, 2006 · 12:34 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
I know this is off subject but that Logden lanquage...or whatever it was, I would look back but really can not be bothered. Anyway, about that language. I read the first coupl of lines of "About *enter correct name here*" and it said it would be used, possibly/hopefully, to talk to computers.
Surely it would be easier to program computers to understand us?
#21May 5th, 2006 · 04:04 PM
10 posts
United States of America
Computers only understand one language: machine code. 1's and 0's.
#22May 8th, 2006 · 11:19 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
1) This is a forum not a democracy.
You get to vote, but this is not a democracy.

2) Everyone is equal in their humanity.
Not everyone is equal in their posts.

3) Music is the language we care about.
Regional linguistics are irrelevant.

4) Songs may still use non-english lyrics.
Posts must be written in english.

It's very simple and easy to do.
I don't think this will separate us.
I think this will unite us.
#23May 8th, 2006 · 12:10 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I don't understand women
#24May 8th, 2006 · 01:31 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
I don't understand women

that's indeed because they too speak a different language...
#25May 8th, 2006 · 04:57 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Have you noticed who are defending more strongly this idea of "language unit"? Of course you have... they all come from the same country: U.S.

Why do they do that?

a) They think this is their forum, since the creators of it are from the U.S
b) They would be lost (more than anyone here) if we start using diferent languages.

*Personally I think that the "only english" rule is a reflection of U.S prepotent international policy... but maybe it's just me.

*Oldies... do you have any idea of what are you saying?? I'll quote you: "Forums by language... will destroy the diversity we have here". Does that makes any sense...  Por favor, brother, intenta ser un poco más coherente la próxima vez.

So Entheon and Mud.. you have built a great site, I really mean it.  Just please think that Bandamp would be nothing without the members and their songs...
#26May 8th, 2006 · 05:24 PM
10 posts
United States of America
aetheris wrote…
Have you noticed who are defending more strongly this idea of "language unit"? Of course you have... they all come from the same country: U.S.

Why do they do that?

a) They think this is their forum, since the creators of it are from the U.S
b) They would be lost (more than anyone here) if we start using diferent languages.

*Personally I think that the "only english" rule is a reflection of U.S prepotent international policy... but maybe it's just me.

*Oldies... do you have any idea of what are you saying?? I'll quote you: "Forums by language... will destroy the diversity we have here". Does that makes any sense...  Por favor, brother, intenta ser un poco más coherente la próxima vez.

So Entheon and Mud.. you have built a great site, I really mean it.  Just please think that Bandamp would be nothing without the members and their songs...

What a crock.

Bottom line: It would be a big hassel to moderate the forum, and besides, of the 959 users of the forum, roughly 70% are from predominantly English speaking countries. It has nothing to do with attitudes, or reflection of US policy.

I think Mud and Entheon are well aware  that the site wouldn't be anything without the music, but a few detractors aren't worth the trouble of making major changes.

Don't like it? I suggest you start your own BandAmp-style website in your own language, and then you will see what kind of effort really goes into an endeavor like this.
#27May 8th, 2006 · 05:42 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
see... you're taking it too personal. But you're only proving my point...

Anyway... I think I actually was agressive on my last post and I'm sorry for that. So, I apologize.

This is what I'm proposing:

Common sense is good enough yo see that if i want people to understand me on this site I have to speak english.  But sometimes my english is not good enough to say what I want to say, and I have the risk of being misunderstood... so once in a while I write a few words in spanish at the end of a post... is that so bad?

Well, according to the rule, it is... so, erase the rule and appeal to the common sense...
#28May 9th, 2006 · 08:56 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
well, see this phrase and think about it:

The names that can be named are not definitive names. Naming engenders ten thousand things... Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub. It is the centre hole that makes it useful... therefore, profit comes from what is there: usefulness from what is not there.

Lao Tzu
#29May 10th, 2006 · 12:12 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Can't we all just get along?
Kunnen wij niet allen enkel vooruitgang boeken?
Ne pouvons-nous pas tous juste obtenir le long ?
Nicht alle können wir gerecht entlang erhalten?
Δεν μπορούμε όλοι να παρουσιάσουμε πρόοδο ακριβώς;
Non possiamo tutti giusto ottenere avanti?
Não podemos nós todos justo começar longitudinalmente?
Не можем мы все справедливо получить вперед?
¿No podemos todos justo conseguir adelante?
Może nie my cały po prostu (dopiero co) otrzymują (dostawać; rozumieć) po?

Jim K   
#30May 12th, 2006 · 05:31 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
It is not really a matter of that....

The rules are plain...  English only, so that is shall be....   Anything else, I guess go get a webserver, and start a multi-language forum.. I mean, that is it... I don't think it is a problem for most, and Even though it is difficult to grasp, it is the way it is.

again it's in the rules, don't you understand plain english?    hahahaha..

sorry couldn't help it...

Jim K
1 2 3

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 10:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.