1 2

#1August 26th, 2007 · 06:41 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah Chy, Go to your "My Home" page and go to music, then browse for the file, add a title and a short description.  A voila.  Let me know if I can be of any more help...
#2August 27th, 2007 · 09:14 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
What file type are you trying to upload? What size? etc.
#3August 28th, 2007 · 03:18 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
you should read that section on this page
http://about.bandamp.com/faqs.html
#4August 28th, 2007 · 07:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Meow , stop running around in circles, then read this thread, it might also have some answers for ya!
http://forum.bandamp.com/Questions/38285.html
#5August 28th, 2007 · 11:25 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
You cant upload .WMA's, Meow.  It has to be Mp3....
#6August 29th, 2007 · 02:26 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
mp3 encoders
you can get Itunes for free.. you have to go into itunes and click on the edit tab ..drop down menu opens up click on the preferences  selection... a window will open up with a box with tabs at the top....click on the advanced tab..
then another little box pops up with three tabs at the top ....General, importing , and burning, you want to click on the importing tab ,  you can skip the first thing (on cd insert)..you want  "import using:  has a little window  with a drop down arrow next to it.... click on the drop down arrow and click on  mp3  then the little window below that has settings ..I use 192 ..

when you have your song file  right click on it  ...menu comes up  click on open with ...select itunes....when i tunes opens up and starts playing the song right click on the song in the playlist window ...menu comes up click on convert selection to mp3  .....on the left you'll see a little cirlce thing moving around while it's converting..the new mp3 version will usually come up in the playlist window right below the song file it just converted right click on that ...menu pops up ....click on show in window explorer the window pops up with that file highlited... I right click on that and  select send to  desktop (that way I can find it real easy)  ...go to band amp music page and when you go to upload your song in the browse  part ..... use desktop ...in there it should say  shortcut to (whatever the song or file name is) click on that and your done...

it's sounds more complicate than it is ...
#7August 30th, 2007 · 01:18 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
itunes  look in the  left hand side of itunes  should show "library" under that "music" make sure you have it selected to "music"

when you click on the convert file to mp3 format what does it do....do you get another copy  in your "Library"
"music" songlist ?

when your "library" "music" songlist  comes up right click on the song and select properties and look at the file format see if it isn't already mp3... 

I tunes is bad that it doesn't tell you when the file conversion is done it just stick the conversion into whatever file you have it selected to save it too...(default usually ..my music/itunes  )    if you have multiple copies of a song chances are that it is converted to mp3....  it will keep saying do you want to convert even though you may have 6 converted copies in the file already..   the way to tell is in itunes look over at the far left when you hit convert there should be a little yellow (i think it's yellow) circle thing appear (should be just under the shuffle word under PLAYLIST  that has curved up and down lines inside of it showing the conversion is going on ...it will disappear  when the conversion is done.

edit: ok I just did a coversion  it put my copy in 
C:Documents and Settingsinsert your own name hereMy DocumentsMy MusiciTunesiTunes MusicUnknown ArtistUnknown Album

my itunes has at the left  side top down .......
LIBRARY
movies
tv shows
podcast
radio

STORE
itunes store

PLAYLIST
little cirlce/shuffle
90's music
music videos
my top rated
recently added
top 25 most played

the circle indicator should show up
between
little circle/shuffle
right here 
90's music

then the main part (middle) of the itunes window should show all the songs in your library....
the converted copy should show up directly under the song just converted

another way to do this is to set the import files to mp3 in itunes like posted earlier..... then   in the upper left hand corner of the itunes  you see the word "file" ..click on that....a drop down window appears select import...
the import window will appear ...locate the file (song)...... you need to know where the song you want converted is at, (file location) .....for ease I have made a special file on the desktop just for this.. I save or send my songs to it.
anyway  in  the import window .... locate the song file... then select it (should be highlighted when selected) then when selected... a little itunes box appears with 2 buttons  ...."convert" .........."skip"...... click on convert and your song should be converted to mp3 and saved in the itunes library somewhere...   that is as long as you have the import setting selected to mp3 format.. (earlier post) ...if  you see the song title in the itunes  library (left hand side of itunes says "Library" under that "music" make sure that is selected)  the song should be in the list somewhere right click on song name  menu appears click on get info  ..window should appear in that window it will give you the file type ..mpeg layer 3       hopefully..

hope this helps
#8August 30th, 2007 · 07:07 PM
14 threads / 9 songs
90 posts
United States of America
waveatmp3 is an mp3 converter, just download the free trial version (I can't quite remember if there even is a paid version)
Just google it, and you'll find a download (just make sure you download from a safe site.)

Don't worry if iTunes hates you...iTunes hates me, too...It's apple...
1 2

Server Time: May 2nd, 2024 · 1:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.