1 2
#16June 26th, 2007 · 02:27 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Spent the solstice in Gran Canaria (one of the Spanish owned Canary Islands, off the coast of Morocco)  "Partied" with my daughter.... that is, we stayed up really late in an outside bar by the beach and drank lots

Yes - the summer solstice is a pretty big thing amongst some people (call them Pagans if you will, although it's a Druid festival) in Britain; it's not so important as Beltane, which is a Gaelic festival also celebrated by Druids and heralds the start of summer on the night of the 30th April.

But isn't the 18th August going to be THE day to party this year!!!
#17June 26th, 2007 · 03:06 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Jiminuk wrote…
Spent the solstice in Gran Canaria (one of the Spanish owned Canary Islands, off the coast of Morocco)  "Partied" with my daughter.... that is, we stayed up really late in an outside bar by the beach and drank lots

Yes - the summer solstice is a pretty big thing amongst some people (call them Pagans if you will, although it's a Druid festival) in Britain; it's not so important as Beltane, which is a Gaelic festival also celebrated by Druids and heralds the start of summer on the night of the 30th April.

But isn't the 18th August going to be THE day to party this year!!! ;)

OOhhhhh  Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh!
#18June 26th, 2007 · 03:10 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
SS : But Anarchists are morons who don't realize that the world is there's, and Anarchists don't have calenders either, they just don't care!
And any way it's not about how hard it is, it's about how much care you take with it!  
So party like you mean it! as spoon says "It's never too late" but then again wasn't it spoon who also said "You should have done it yesterday!" ?
And before anyone says that Anarchists are not morons who don't know that the world is there's, I'll tell you that I know plenty of Anarchists and Punks who 10 years later are running successful businesses waring suits and ties still with the odd haircuts but toned down and driving around in Cooper Ss and expensive VWs. This they do not do as Anarchists but as 'conformists' and 'users of the systems'! Having understood that the experience is so much greater when you 'take part'.
Like your guitar lessons SS, it's a system put in place by 'our selves' to be used by 'our selves', your both better off by taking part! Why go against what is there to benefit you? Use what is there to benefit your self and we will all be better off! Strangely enough that's how it works! 
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.