1 2 3

#16February 27th, 2007 · 03:20 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
same old soup
why vote? the whole system doesnt work, sorry
bring it to proper function and I'll vote. If I had developed this site.........

But for now I am just listening to great music and enjoy the creativity of our BandAmpers.
#17February 27th, 2007 · 03:49 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
triton i agree i thought the system was busted any way????
#18February 27th, 2007 · 04:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
according to site programmer slasherx if you have been paying attention the system has been restored.

anyway...
#19February 27th, 2007 · 05:03 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
hmmm
maybe someone should send out a monthly email/pm to current members about upgrades and fixes to the site so members would stay current to whats going on it seems some members  don't know that the voting is fixed and I don't mean fixed as in cheating lol ..  they easily could have overlooked the thread on that one .
#20February 27th, 2007 · 06:58 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
what have you decided to do Puppet
Have you come up with any ideas on what to do , puppet...for the 2nd month  in row only one song qualified.
I entered a song in the next battle. But, Im seriously thinking bout removing it fro the March Battle...so many people have told that they vote for my song in the Feb battle but, only 7 votes appear.. and Slasherx says the system is fixed ? I don think so...To me this is very aggravating ......

Flyer
#21February 27th, 2007 · 07:36 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
I'm with you TK

TritonKeyboarder wrote…
same old soup
why vote? the whole system doesnt work, sorry
bring it to proper function and I'll vote. If I had developed this site.........

But for now I am just listening to great music and enjoy the creativity of our BandAmpers.

some of us still prefeer reviews and critiques more than votes...

PuppetXeno wrote…
according to site programmer slasherx if you have been paying attention the system has been restored.

anyway...

and yeah pup, maybe the voting system is restored but... there is a long way to recover the confidence in that system,

now i'm open to another posibilities as everyone in this thread are talking about but by the moment  i don't believe the battle could works well by now...

Dodo
#22February 27th, 2007 · 10:59 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
it's working
I went through the all the current battle, and half of the next battle, reviewed and voted, and it counted every vote
I myself am not here for the votes I will vote on your songs and review your songs but I'm  here for ideas and input. on how to improve my writing skilz and recording skilz.
#23February 27th, 2007 · 11:57 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
Well, Im for both...comments and votes..the comments more than not are very helpful...If someone Gives me a decent vote,, I look at this way...the song was good enough to get a vote...which means I have improved from the time I
began posting songs on Bandamp

We are getting off of the subject

Flyer
#24February 28th, 2007 · 12:33 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
The current voting system is working
The current voting system is working......Slasher had me place a vote on a song....and he saw that it registered
Now, what can/or is,  going to be done or not done to the current voting/rating......format ?

Flyer
#25February 28th, 2007 · 05:45 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Battle
now the bitchin will start !!!!!

where's the t shirt etc

haha

#26March 1st, 2007 · 05:20 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
now your just going off track... no unfinished songs??? whats an unfinished song? a song that goes for less than 3 minutes? a song that hasn't got singing? a song you might classify as unfinished might be perfectly touched up in every way needed in the creators point of view.

You say that it ain't about being an active member on the site to get more votes yet you impose a plan to force everyone to vote on 80% of the songs in the battle.... i know that there are many very good members on this site that only pop in once a month or so but put in some fantastic music so why would you make them have to spend a couple of hours voting for all the songs.

The truth is finally coming out and i'm definitely with it... some people (me ALWAYS) much rather get a comment then a vote, a vote is a number while the comment is what really matters, especially when it's written properly for which i can say am very happy with the quality of the comments.

Sorry to those people that are more into the voting aspect but im pretty sure that this sites highlight is the ability to get reviews and tips from some extremely talented musicians and the commenting side of this site is running great so lets keep it that way.

Just go with the flow and if voting picks up... it's a bonus!

PS: the amount of forums posted about lack of voting on this site must have hit double digits by now...
#27March 1st, 2007 · 07:00 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I made a suggestion in this thread: http://forum.bandamp.com/Announcements/45989.html

What I'm thinking is 1) keep the Audio Review as-is, but visually discriminate songs that are in a battle from those that are not and 2) have it mandatory to leave a rating to a song if it's in a battle.

HOW? For instance: by clicking the page, immediately prompt to leave a rating. If not, then page cannot be accessed. By leaving a rating before listening to the song one is forced to listen more closely in order to adjust the rating to the right value... It may seem forceful but all it takes is just a little getting used to... And I'm sure the battles will benefit from the increased number of given ratings this will cause...
#28March 1st, 2007 · 12:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
How can you rate a song before listening to it?
Better prompt after listening to the song and if they don't vote they cant leave!    
#29March 1st, 2007 · 01:54 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
How can you rate a song before listening to it?
Better prompt after listening to the song and if they don't vote they cant leave!     :evil:

But how can you possibly tell when a member has completed listening to a song? I think that's very hard to do, programming wise. Then again I'm not the programmer so I'm probably wrong ...

How about as simple as this: you click the song title and get prompted: "This song is in the battle. Please rate it after auditioning. Default set to 70%"

In that way you already have rated it - passively - and as you naturally disagree with a default rating, you are forced to adjust your rating manually after listening.

I'm just trying to come up with plausible ways to sort of force people into rating songs. Otherwise they're not going to do it!
#30March 1st, 2007 · 05:58 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I was only pulling your plonker PX! I understood the idea the first time round, but seeing it laid out clearer may get someone/something to listen.

What actually has to happen to get these ideas put into action around here, I see only good ideas from the people that matter here but they're but page upon page of ideas and suggestions.

Does some one have to come up with the 'perfect' idea? And then the powers that be say "That's it!!! Eurica!"
Go! slasher go!  ?

I think PXs idea is a good one, "This song is in the battle. Please rate it after auditioning. Default set to 70%"
That's an excellent idea. You know the songs in a battle because of the "Battle Star", And it's only fair, a battle is a battle, that's what they are there for, I take it it works this way for none-members as well?

I still think this simple little site could do with a few things here and there to make it more accessible, the "lyrics tab" was one of them.

Just letting off steam!

So can anyone convince slasherX our 'mild mannered janitor' to go dabbling again? but this time permanently! 
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.