1 2

#1January 1st, 2015 · 04:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Happy 2015 - Ideas
Wishing you all a happy and prosporous 2015!!

I'm trying to think of some ways to get the bandAMP community to become active. It appears the members here are more active on Facebook, simply because there is more chance of communicating with someone they know.
Ever since Marino uploaded that world collaboration of 'stand by me', by some video enthusiasts, I thought it would be amazing if bandAMP could do the same - can you remember the video I'm refering to? It can be done, I just need some support to get it going.
The first thing is to pick a song, or indeed to create one, or even both - why not?
So people, can you think of a song that would make a world-wide collaboration, may be spread some peace and love to all and mankind - something like 'Imagine' by John Lennon?
Most of us have a mobile phone with video function. It's very easy to sinc video to an audio recording, you can clap your hands once at the start if you are recording from a mic, or play a staccato note on an intrument at the start. All you have to do is make a separate video and audio recording, you can make it as short or as long as you like, but depending on what you record, you will need a backing track, so that all the videos and recordings will sinc, which I will do.
We could have out takes at the end, where we have messed up, sometimes those are the best bits.

Upwards and onwards....
#2January 1st, 2015 · 05:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Something like this

#3January 2nd, 2015 · 04:58 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
video
sounds cool.  I'm in the middle of moving right now. So can't do anything for a month or so, Till I get settle in.
#4January 2nd, 2015 · 02:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: video
toastedgoat wrote…
sounds cool.  I'm in the middle of moving right now. So can't do anything for a month or so, Till I get settle in.
Where are you moving from and too?
I think I'm going to have to PM many members to get the ball rolling on this, Or I'm hopping there is a way to email all members, via the mods?
#5January 4th, 2015 · 06:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis, I just got back from our Chrimbo Hols .... got your facebook need for reaction notification.
Sounds like an excellent plan. Will follow progress and add my bit as it comes around.
I dont have a phone with internet .... turning on my pc and having fb intrude on my life is enough.

Bets wishes to all BandAmp lovers for 2015 .... "Baby, come back ..... "

No you cant email everyone on bandAmp automatically, it gets flagged as spam by the big brother servers. You'll just have to do it manually. Only sites like fb are allowed to spam people continuously all day with automated crap ... and get away with it ... "He's rich ... got a big car"
#6January 5th, 2015 · 04:12 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hi, just want you to know, I love the idea, and I'd be happy to participate.

I don't have facebook (for all the reasons other non-facebook users understand) but I can be reached via email, which is my BandAMP username and then the standard gmail bit attached to it. I will also, of course, visit BandAMP regularly (weekly at least) as per resolution       

I have a HD camera, so I should be able to make a decent video recording, and my studio is finally back up and running too after having moved about 6 months ago.

Keep in touch!
#7January 5th, 2015 · 07:57 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: video
toastedgoat wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis, I just got back from our Chrimbo Hols .... got your facebook need for reaction notification.
Sounds like an excellent plan. Will follow progress and add my bit as it comes around.
I dont have a phone with internet .... turning on my pc and having fb intrude on my life is enough.

Bets wishes to all BandAmp lovers for 2015 .... "Baby, come back ..... "

No you cant email everyone on bandAmp automatically, it gets flagged as spam by the big brother servers. You'll just have to do it manually. Only sites like fb are allowed to spam people continuously all day with automated crap ... and get away with it ... "He's rich ... got a big car"
PuppetXeno wrote…
Hi, just want you to know, I love the idea, and I'd be happy to participate.

I don't have facebook (for all the reasons other non-facebook users understand) but I can be reached via email, which is my BandAMP username and then the standard gmail bit attached to it. I will also, of course, visit BandAMP regularly (weekly at least) as per resolution       

I have a HD camera, so I should be able to make a decent video recording, and my studio is finally back up and running too after having moved about 6 months ago.

Keep in touch!
Thanks guys for your positive response - This is what I was aiming for.  We just need a couple more volunteers and I will make a backing track.

#8January 5th, 2015 · 10:37 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hola!
Feliz Navidad...Happy New year! I'm in...just holler!
#9January 25th, 2015 · 10:35 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I recommend "Everybody is a Star" by Sly and the Family Stone. Great song.

p.s. - I recommend Kings sings the bass parts 
#10January 26th, 2015 · 06:17 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
love the sly track
u need horns??

lets do

+fish
#11January 27th, 2015 · 02:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: love the sly track
swordfish wrote…
u need horns??

lets do

+fish
The more the better.
We have enough members now, but I want to let this thread run a little longer. I may need to post another thread, or it may be an idea to put up an announcement on the front page. We still need a song, I would still like to do 'Imagine' John Lennon.
#12January 27th, 2015 · 09:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
We could do Everyone's a Star as a B side..... excellent choice btw ... bababa bababaaa baba baba babaaa ooo ooo  ooo ooo ooooooo lol .... it's going to sound like a Muppet production !
#13January 28th, 2015 · 01:24 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Happy New Year everyone
#14January 28th, 2015 · 03:31 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
UndercoverApple wrote…
Happy New Year everyone :)
happy new year ...

lets not get stuck on a song ...

let Denis decide .... he's been posting and hoisting like a loonie thru the lean times

OK??

kings i agree as a B side cool

Fish

lets get going!!!
#15February 5th, 2015 · 02:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Update
I've laid down a basic drum track. Hopefully should get time next Tuesday to put acoustic rhythm and vocals on audio and video.
The song is Imagine, so now's the time to start practising your vocal and anything else you want to include, although it would be nice for everyone to put their own spin on it, I would like at least one part of the song where we are all singing together, preferably at the end.
It would be nice to have acoustic drums - has anyone got a kit rigged up for recording?
I want to have some funny out takes at the end - so please keep any that put a smile on your face.

I was thinking of using Google drive to use as sending me your video and wav clips - you only need a Google account to set one up if you don't already have one.

It's very important to clap your hands once when you record your video and audio recoding at the start. This will help my sinc the audio and video together.

Cheers all
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.