1 2
#16December 3rd, 2014 · 12:00 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
the haunting of an old bandamper
I regularly check in, just to find that nothing has happened on here in a long time.  I miss the creativity, it seems now that I get on here, just to remember and read my old lyrics. I started using this site when I was a freshman in high school, its crazy to think that it has turned into such a ghost town. I'm just as guilty for not logging in as often as I used to, but life came along with responsibilities and I find that I rarely get to do the things I love most, like setting down and hammering out a tune and some lyrics.

Over all I am thankful because this site did help me through a rough period in my life, I had a lot of family drama and a lot of pain in my younger days and this was always a place I could come, be myself write a song, chat with friends and feel normal for awhile, so for those of you who remember that, I thank you.

I think what happened is that as users we've moved forward with our smart phones, and other forms of digital media, when you think about it we all used to have to go home, dial up and sit in front of a computer. We never had a nice little shiny object in our hands to fully entertain ourselves. Now there are apps for everything. I can honestly say if bandamp had an app I would totally be on here more. As shallow as that sounds convenience is everything sometimes, especially when you are a parent or have a full time job or both. Hell even a easier to use mobile site would come in handy.

My husband is a web developer and loves taking on little projects that he can really try out new ideas with, if anyone wants to set something up let me know. He has amazing talent with stuff like this, he is currently working on a side project website http://latenightrecordpool.com/ he started it from the ground up and has been working on sites for well over 14 years. His personal website is http://www.stephenwalcher.com/

everything deserves a second chance.. especially our bandamp.
#17December 6th, 2014 · 06:26 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I'm working on this song for wisdom, I have been tracking several songs for Danny Wayman again. Ties up most of my free time.  I do drop by when I can.. My ears have been smashed by hours of tracking lately.
#18December 15th, 2014 · 03:33 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Shared sentiments. It's the times. Don't forget that between all the social media available to us these days, BandAMP, although barely, still lives... And there is a good reason for that. People have found something on this site that cannot be found anywhere else. It sticks, and the people still coming here have not forgotten. Our busy lives may prevent us from logging on all that often... That is a sad thing. And that, while networking is so very important as a musician! As a personal target I'm going to log on at least once a week, upload more often, and start/engage in more discussions aiming at constructively working on real-world goals. Right, well, I'm at the office now, so I got to get back to work. Cheers!
#19December 24th, 2014 · 03:22 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada

Hey!  Been awhile......sorry bout that.  I don't have facebook.....too many people wanting to be "friends" that I never wanted to be friends with lol.  Quite alot of "wow!!  Look at me and what I have, my vacations, my new car, my intelligent kids" blah blah blah......

I'd rather be playing guitar.  My new Taylor 12......she's so pretty!!!  Haven't logged in for a loooooooong time.....not for lack of thinking of this site.....just busy livin.

Marry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!!

Xoxmb
#20January 26th, 2015 · 06:18 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Lets get it on........
Lets get it on........

make it right not wrong .......
#21January 27th, 2015 · 09:49 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Seen the light ?

Sing along .....

Come on in ... sit down ... tell us all about it ..... it's been way too long
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.