1 2

#1March 31st, 2014 · 06:39 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
What happened?
ahh...I was going to rant...but what for, if even a few, no one is reading...Seems more like a ghost site than anything else!  What happened?
#2March 31st, 2014 · 08:18 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
yeah its dead
I was talking bout this with John swordie on skype the other day. It seems to have gone apart from outsiders listening and dwn loading . Dozens even hundred of hits  & no reviews which was primar reason for posting here.. Now with options for a miniscule of streaming revenue from several other sites with tracking & reports also where music comps encourage to post instead of sending files.We've pulled our songs here , very happy to send to members who have been so helpful with reviews ,but when there are songs with over 1000 hits &  4 reviews begs the question ...Why do it. I guess when bandamp started about the same time as youtube 2005 there were high hopes. but alas
#3April 1st, 2014 · 08:12 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes...I can see that. Always had fun coming by here. Good people and good times were a daily thing.
Lots of helping folks around, many so willing to give you a hand. Now we mostly shadow around the place like ghost.
#4April 2nd, 2014 · 06:54 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Then again it may do a sit up like the Undertaker 
#5April 5th, 2014 · 06:57 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
I hope and pray they dont take it down cause these people excepted me and my disability.  They encouraged me to brake the berrier between disabled  and non-disabled people.  With out bandamp i think i would have given up on my music..  And I owe a MAJOR thanks to you Ant and Lisa for Kick starting me and saying "you an do it' instead of you cant.  I miss you brother

Your friend forever

CP
#6May 26th, 2014 · 06:46 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I got busy, some things changed, I'm simplified now,  I'm up for putting a song together. I now have some free time. yeah.

I'm willing to hit this place daily, I hate to see it go away. anybody wants to do a song let do one.
#7May 28th, 2014 · 04:38 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
well I confess I miss bandamp so I say it now I will be more active
It might be too late but just in case...
#8May 28th, 2014 · 06:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: What happened?
Marino wrote…
ahh...I was going to rant...but what for, if even a few, no one is reading...Seems more like a ghost site than anything else!  What happened?

Other things happened .... for a change

As ghostly as it seems a lot of people are still around ...... it just takes 5 months for them to come together and make a half decent thread.

Yes ..... it all needs so much attention .....
#9June 8th, 2014 · 06:52 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
recently I joined facebook   and now I notice how much time it consumes, surfing from link to link I find many things of interest,
So I thought it would be great to have a bandAmp fb account to attract some new ppl ?
I do not volunteer for managing it, but if necessary I will...

any opinions ? pro's and con's?
#10June 15th, 2014 · 11:27 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
It and google +  seems to be where people are spending there time now. It could be a way to generate more interest.
#11July 1st, 2014 · 12:16 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I haven't logged in a long time. It's good to see all of you guys are still here though. I've just got busy with life, I don't even have a single social network - don't have time for those. I still write music, just haven't got around to recording it. I learned so much from everyone here, you guys helped me make my first album. and I'm so proud of it and want so badly to create another.

But I really love bandamp. Its an amazing place that few people know about, and that's special. There's a close community here of people who love music and people who want to help others and I think that's great. I don't think bandamp needs to be 'the new big thing'. Bandamp is the intimate place where the special few get to hear some of the most well-done pieces of music I've ever heard, and learn *so* much from these ones.

It's special. And I don't think it'll change. I don't think it's meant to. But I'm happy about that. and I hope that if I find more time I can continue to post more songs.

Bandamp is never forgotten, it's just as Kings says...its 5 months in between anything good. And that's to be expected right? We all have lives. But the special moments we can share on here are truly sweet.
#12July 12th, 2014 · 07:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
But the specialness of the site is only present when the special people who are that specialness are present ..... being a part of bandAmp .... is a concious decision these days.

As for facebook, I have numerous accounts but take no part in it.
I've made a https://www.facebook.com/band.amp.7 account, but it hassled me for lots of information so now I just let it send me "You have more friends on facebook than you think" emails.

A good start would be to make more use of the Google+ button on each Audio Review page .....
#13July 12th, 2014 · 09:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow kings, I never even noticed the google+ button. There's been a paradigm shift, and I've been blind to it. Still thinking in terms of the real deal being going out with a band, playing live onstage while nowadays it's all a social media thing, putting out an image and gaining interest on fluff and lies and things that hardly seem to matter unless you actively pay attention to it... because the trend of the moment tells you to do so.

back in the day we came to the amp because we wanted to showcase our stuff, we wanted to share our ideas and we knew that our audience here were likeminded people. now that the internet has matured (the paths have crystalized, I explictly won't mention the content) all the likemined people accept that we all will wander off, and we all experience melancholy. Yet we also understand that melancholy has a purpose - it points to meaning beyond the trend of the moment, and all the likeminded people here wanted to put meaning before trend, within the presentation of their creative efforts.

BandAmp still ebbs and flows ,although the dry spells become increasingly longer - I still think that likeminded people understand that what little "direct" communication there is nowadaysdoes not nullify our sense of community and mutual respect for one another.

We know we are "out there" and we know about our ideals. In this we support eachother, and we can find one another through email if we have to. There are, at most, only six degrees of separation, anyway. And until the end of my life I will never forget. I don't need facebook for that, or google+, but if there was a way to integrate contact in my present ways of creativity I would wholly embrace it. Seems this is not the time. Maybe soon?
#14July 13th, 2014 · 01:44 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
at one point in time I used to get email notifications on post and things going on from band amp. I don't get them anymore. is there  a setting on threads to get email notifications ?.
#15July 13th, 2014 · 06:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
toastedgoat wrote…
at one point in time I used to get email notifications on post and things going on from band amp. I don't get them anymore. is there  a setting on threads to get email notifications ?.
Yes, yes and yes : yes we did get notifications about relevant posts, yes, I also dont get them and yes TK put in a settings bit in your home page ..... but it might not work because we still dont get notifications

But the BIG YES is that we need more notification emails for 'you have been quoted' and 'some one has posted to a thread you also posted to' .... it is how it works, gets people involved in the immediate conversation.

But at the moment we have no programmer. TK retired and Muds being god like ... aloof and indifferent
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.