1 2

#1November 26th, 2012 · 09:55 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
it is with a heavy heart..
It is very hard to type this. I still am shocked and very upset. But i wanted to be sure to let everyone here know. This site was such a part of his life, and he thought of everyone here as a friend, nay, family. Ralph E. Virgilio, aka Flyer7747 aka Born to rock passed away this past weekend, he was 56 years old. I cherish the memories i have of us singing and playing guitar at his apartment in Buffalo, and the time we met his mother and cousin in Cleveland and ate pizza together.. I will truly miss this great friend.  At this time i have no information on how he died, other than he has been ill for a while, and spent a couple weeks in the hospital recently, but he had been released last week, and told me he was feeling much better..

RIP Ralphie Boy..  And awaaay we go....
#2November 26th, 2012 · 10:09 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I'm in shock.
#3November 26th, 2012 · 10:36 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
respect
Elvis has left the building....very sad news we are really going to miss him.
#4November 27th, 2012 · 04:49 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ralph played a big part of the bandAMP community, never said a bad word about anybody.
My thoughts go out to his friends and family.
RIP dear Ralph (Flyer7747)
Bless
#5November 27th, 2012 · 05:19 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Bandamp and I will always keep his words and works for the entire community and the rest of the world. Please listen to Flyers records here http://flyer7747.bandamp.com/

R.I.P. Ralph, I will truely miss you

ps
Thank you Jim for this sad message
#6November 27th, 2012 · 06:38 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
What an absolute tragedy. Thanks for giving so much to one community (and I'm sure there were many others), and helping people to create the best the music they could. Always there with helpful advice, or just some sporting words to spur people on. It will be missed and was always so greatly appreciated. You were a star, and now you've joined them.

Rock on.
#7November 27th, 2012 · 11:33 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Oh my gosh that's terrible! I'm in shock as well. I never thought I'd see any of you guys go. The thought never even once crossed my mind. I'm so sorry for his family and all those who knew him closely, and we will all miss him very much. He was so kind and always had something good to say about somebody. He will be remembered by all of us and his music will live on.

Thank you for letting us know.
#8November 27th, 2012 · 05:50 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is terrible news...I'm so sad to hear that...He was indeed a good and caring friend! R.I.P Ralph!
#9November 27th, 2012 · 06:43 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I am truly saddened to hear of this...and as you guys have already said, Ralph was one of a kind...a very kind gentle man. I truly appreciate your sharing this, Jim. May you rest in eternal peace, brother Ralph!!
#10November 28th, 2012 · 02:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Way to go .....
And it is the way it goes
May you rest in eternal peace ... Aye absolutely.
If your still hanging around somewhere, hear this, you will be a friend until my own end.
Thank you sincerely for the memories.

I hope his close family and friends are dealing with it ok. 56 is not old,  but if he had been living with illness for so long, letting go would have been the only clear answer .

Bloody hell Ralph ! I've got tears running down my face and I still have to go to work .....
    it was an absolute pleasure knowing you, you really will be missed
             .... go well my friend
#11November 28th, 2012 · 07:22 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Ralph rest in peace
Now you're rocking with Hendrix and Elvis
All my thought to his family
#12November 28th, 2012 · 04:22 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I just received the sad news about Ralph from Denis. I knew he had been struggling with his health for some time, but I had no idea how bad it was. It is quite a shock. My sympathies go out to his family and those close to him. I will keep good memories of him... Poor bastard! 56 is way too young.

So long, buddy... I'll have a beer or two and drink em to you.
#13November 28th, 2012 · 06:17 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: it is with a heavy heart..
Ralph gone ....
Such sad news ..... I first met him just as he joined bandamp ....I think his first ever recording ever!!!!!!! And commented on all his stuff........trying to get him to get some recording software ......we talked about it loads ...
Well that worked.....
And he made loads of friends here on bandamp
Bottom line. Ralph a GENTLEMAN in life
 Will miss him

A TRUE AMPER......

Just a real shame life reached its end so early

John and Sue Tobin

The SWORDFISH
#14November 28th, 2012 · 07:28 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Ralph had one of the kindest voices here on the amp, and it seems in every aspect of his life. He was a wonderful musician, a wonderful friend, and a wonderful person. And not only did he seem incredibly well-grounded in his own life, but he was also one of the many encouraging voices that pushed me forward along my own path. Goodbye, Ralph. You will be missed.

- Ben
#15November 29th, 2012 · 03:55 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
This is so saddening. So very deeply saddening. I can barely even conjure up words. We'll all miss you Ralph. So much.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.