1 2

#1October 29th, 2012 · 10:20 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Bandamp the best in exposure?
Over the years I've noticed a significant difference in the number of hits for songs placed on bandamp vs for eg soundcloud, reverbnation ,bandcamp, myspsce etc. In fact songs placed here on band amp generally attract hits in the order of 15/20 times more than the others.Which really means exposure wise your better putting songs here than any where else.
Also the quality of feedback is vastly superior to the others.

Thanks all members of bandamp & of course all the legions of anonymous listeners.
Please don't stay strangers, sign up & lets us know what you like and why.

cheers greg
yokoinc

#2October 30th, 2012 · 03:54 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I noticed this recently, we must have some new tags on the site. It will be interesting over the next few months - the only negative it could create more spam, but they'll have to get past kings - he's at the exterminator button at the ready - wham bam no more spam, or more appropiately 'wham boooooommmm no more spam'...
#3October 30th, 2012 · 03:59 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Interesting consideration, Greg.
It´s true that one can gain more (personal) feedback on the amp than on many other platforms.

I got most feedback (listens, downloads, reviews) on both of my albums on "jamendo.com" until their desastrous "relaunch" in April 2012. Now the stats fell down near to zero cos they destroyed, seperated, splitted the community. Stupid decision. Hundrtes of artist left jamendo and searched for a new "home base" (soundcloud, reverbnation, bandcamp, restorm.... etc) but there´s still no platform like the old jamendo.
Despite jamendo´s action I have still a few continuous listens and downloads. But no more reviews.
For getting reviews, feedback and communication bandamp is still and again the best platform one can find.
#4October 30th, 2012 · 06:09 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cheers Denis 

And a big thank you Greg ... for taking the time to share a very useful bit of info.

It is a shame that the people listening and not commenting .... are not commenting.
But knowing there are so many listeners is a consolation.

iCompositions is also a good 'busy' sight, when you're 'in' a good song can get a lot of listens and reviews.
Yet bandamp seems to have more constant listens.

I've been busy recently with work and home, and learning a bit about the art of SEO, how to generate traffic thus monetizing a site with ad clicks.
The one good way of spreading the word and gaining links and traffic is by submitting reviews of the site to different web magz, a Wikki page, stumbleupon and diggit. 

Doing this would probably generate a mass of traffic.
The ones who want to stay, will.
But we have nothing to offer the mass of traffic, with something to offer I mean something that will in turn benefit the site.
Except a lot more work reviewing and modding.

A few lines of subtly (unobtrusively) placed Google adsence would put bandamp in the loop so to say.
It is now an 'end user', it could 'produce'.
My own kingsonone.com, up since 2004 has an average of 50 visitors per day and the one page I have with ads has generated 6 dollars LOL, and that for a personal site registered at no 22,000,000th something or other.
BandAmp is registered somewhere in the 2,000,000s.   
The adSence blocks could be specifically filtered to display only music related ads.

Or are ads something that Mud does not want ?

Incidentally, I would like to know if 'pages opened' is the same as 'listened to', if the amount of hits on older songs is a steady constant thing then it could also be search engines opening / viewing / crawling / indexing a page, these 'hits' could be registered as 'listens to' by bandamp but are not really actual listens 

Any more thoughts on the subject ?
#5October 30th, 2012 · 05:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Cheers Denis 

And a big thank you Greg ... for taking the time to share a very useful bit of info.

It is a shame that the people listening and not commenting .... are not commenting.
But knowing there are so many listeners is a consolation.

iCompositions is also a good 'busy' sight, when you're 'in' a good song can get a lot of listens and reviews.
Yet bandamp seems to have more constant listens.

I've been busy recently with work and home, and learning a bit about the art of SEO, how to generate traffic thus monetizing a site with ad clicks.
The one good way of spreading the word and gaining links and traffic is by submitting reviews of the site to different web magz, a Wikki page, stumbleupon and diggit. 

Doing this would probably generate a mass of traffic.

The ones who want to stay, will.
But we have nothing to offer the mass of traffic, with something to offer I mean something that will in turn benefit the site.
Except a lot more work reviewing and modding.

A few lines of subtly (unobtrusively) placed Google adsence would put bandamp in the loop so to say.
It is now an 'end user', it could 'produce'.
My own kingsonone.com, up since 2004 has an average of 50 visitors per day and the one page I have with ads has generated 6 dollars LOL, and that for a personal site registered at no 22,000,000th something or other.
BandAmp is registered somewhere in the 2,000,000s.   
The adSence blocks could be specifically filtered to display only music related ads.

Or are ads something that Mud does not want ?

Incidentally, I would like to know if 'pages opened' is the same as 'listened to', if the amount of hits on older songs is a steady constant thing then it could also be search engines opening / viewing / crawling / indexing a page, these 'hits' could be registered as 'listens to' by bandamp but are not really actual listens 

Any more thoughts on the subject ?
If we're getting a lot of people listening it can only mean people like the music - that's encouraging.  I dream the day that the battle is up and running again -  man that alone will not only inspire the members, but will add some fresh material, YES and even more traffic
#6November 2nd, 2012 · 04:49 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
is bandamp really the best exposure?
I somehow have my doubts
Don't get me wrong even if I don't log in that often these days I visit the site at least once a day but from what I see I'm not the only one staying in the shadow
most time there's no more thanone or two members on line
So let's be honest what's the real use of bandamp?
Personally my main use for bandamp is storage it might sound harsh but it the truth
I realise I've somehow falling out of grace by my own doing; I hardly comment on songs these days (apart for Yokoinc who always impress me with their upload) but I must confess most of the music don't really rock my boat I respect Denis who always make the effort of leaving comments but personally I don't have much production skill so can't give much of an advice on that subject and I can't say nice things about something I don't really like(maybe I'm not that nice after all  )
There's always nice surprise Undercoverapple was one of those(lots of talent)
So what this community all about
We all have our reasons to be more or less active we have life jobs problem etc...
But I remember when I join the Amp in 2006 this was a lively community and it help me so many times to go forward with my music
but now it's all too nice and quiet
I looked at the stats of my songs
The most recently updated have a small amount of hit and even less comments even though they are my most accomplished work to date
I recently released my first album and announced it in the pit I think I got 2 comments!
Don't get me wrong I'm not bitter about it as I said earlier it all my own doing but I don't think we should delude ourself saying that bandamp is a great platform for exposure these days I don't even think it's that alive if I'm honest
Things move on and bandamp stay the same
a lots of members seem to see that as a good thing but I don't personaly
I'm not saying that I'm quitting bandamp but I'm not expoecting anything from it either
I hope this post will piss off few people to be honest cause we're in dear need of a lengthy argument/debat
Bring back Fais!

#7November 2nd, 2012 · 06:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
vincentL wrote…
is bandamp really the best exposure?
I somehow have my doubts
Don't get me wrong even if I don't log in that often these days I visit the site at least once a day but from what I see I'm not the only one staying in the shadow
most time there's no more thanone or two members on line
So let's be honest what's the real use of bandamp?
Personally my main use for bandamp is storage it might sound harsh but it the truth
I realise I've somehow falling out of grace by my own doing; I hardly comment on songs these days (apart for Yokoinc who always impress me with their upload) but I must confess most of the music don't really rock my boat I respect Denis who always make the effort of leaving comments but personally I don't have much production skill so can't give much of an advice on that subject and I can't say nice things about something I don't really like(maybe I'm not that nice after all  )
There's always nice surprise Undercoverapple was one of those(lots of talent)
So what this community all about
We all have our reasons to be more or less active we have life jobs problem etc...
But I remember when I join the Amp in 2006 this was a lively community and it help me so many times to go forward with my music
but now it's all too nice and quiet
I looked at the stats of my songs
The most recently updated have a small amount of hit and even less comments even though they are my most accomplished work to date
I recently released my first album and announced it in the pit I think I got 2 comments!
Don't get me wrong I'm not bitter about it as I said earlier it all my own doing but I don't think we should delude ourself saying that bandamp is a great platform for exposure these days I don't even think it's that alive if I'm honest
Things move on and bandamp stay the same
a lots of members seem to see that as a good thing but I don't personaly
I'm not saying that I'm quitting bandamp but I'm not expoecting anything from it either
I hope this post will piss off few people to be honest cause we're in dear need of a lengthy argument/debat
Bring back Fais!
     :evil:
Yes your right .... except for bringing back Fais!
But about the rest your right, there are too many people in the shadows who need to step into the light and thus shed some light to all of us.
Have you thought that you're not alone though Vince?
Looking in once a day just so see how quiet it is?
You're also back from working hard at your stuff ....
Since the coming of the internet our worlds have opened but in time we've realised it's the same story, life goes on and some bastard wants your money, for you to carry on your life as 'normal'.
And it's only getting tighter .... wait for all the storm claims from America!

What bandamp wants is a bit of passion, something similar to what you just spurted out .... that getting involved feeling. After all at places like bandamp as with promoting your own music it is up to the individual to make it happen .... it's an open book ... an empty room .... it has it's own 'destiny' but you can be more than an observer to it.

#8November 2nd, 2012 · 11:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Did all of you ever think about spreading out the spirit of BandAMP to the world? Post bandamp.com on any platform you can reach.
#9November 2nd, 2012 · 03:20 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
LOL I had to laugh at the thought of Fais being brought back 
I'm trying to gain more and more subscribers on youtube because I actually want to feature bandamp in a video explaining how great it is and how much it has truly helped me to grow in song recording and even writing
#10November 2nd, 2012 · 04:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Are we all being cautious ? Because of our love for this wonderful place ... as it is ... selfish bunch of bastards aren't we ?
But indeed doing some kind of holy onslaught into the internet with the word of bandamp on our lips and in the twinkling of our axes ..... would be interesting, if only to see if we really do get all that traffic.

Is bc at the ready ..... ?

You heard the man, what are you waiting for ?
#11November 2nd, 2012 · 04:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TheKunadiun wrote…
I'm trying to gain more and more subscribers on youtube because I actually want to feature bandamp in a video explaining how great it is and how much it has truly helped me to grow in song recording and even writing :D
I'm sure we could find his email and all spam him ... to come back!     
#12November 3rd, 2012 · 11:52 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
I'm trying to gain more and more subscribers on youtube because I actually want to feature bandamp in a video explaining how great it is and how much it has truly helped me to grow in song recording and even writing :D
I'm sure we could find his email and all spam him ... to come back!      :scream:
Yeah, I haven't banned anybody in a long time...I kinda miss it....
#13November 3rd, 2012 · 12:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
kings wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
I'm sure we could find his email and all spam him ... to come back!      :scream:
Yeah, I haven't banned anybody in a long time...I kinda miss it.... ;)
That's as good a reason as any !

Now that it's out in the open I will, when I have time follow a few channels and spread the word ... a bit of corned beef
#14November 4th, 2012 · 06:05 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yes kings it's the nature of the beast, Quote "We're all Selfish Bastards", you mentioned earlier in this thread.
Well not all of us obviously, but a very high percentage, I'd be guessing.

That is why if ever you want to promote something, for the majority, there has to be something in it for them.
This is why I keep going on about the 'BATTLE',. When the battle was active this site attracted quality song writers like Taka, Talking of which I bet if we got  the battle going again it will inspire the likes of Taka and such like to be inspired to write again.
So what's the bottom line?
Recognition
Achievement
??
We don't have any money, but boy if we did, we could have competitions wining cash. That would keep the selfish bastards happy - if only eh - Well I may someday be fortunate and win the lottery or something like that and put some money up - One can dream, you must have dreams or how the hell are you gonna make them come true..
#15November 4th, 2012 · 11:48 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
Yes kings it's the nature of the beast, Quote "We're all Selfish Bastards", you mentioned earlier in this thread.
Well not all of us obviously, but a very high percentage, I'd be guessing.

That is why if ever you want to promote something, for the majority, there has to be something in it for them.
This is why I keep going on about the 'BATTLE',. When the battle was active this site attracted quality song writers like Taka, Talking of which I bet if we got  the battle going again it will inspire the likes of Taka and such like to be inspired to write again.
So what's the bottom line?
Recognition
Achievement
??
We don't have any money, but boy if we did, we could have competitions wining cash. That would keep the selfish bastards happy - if only eh - Well I may someday be fortunate and win the lottery or something like that and put some money up - One can dream, you must have dreams or how the hell are you gonna make them come true.. :star:

I have mentioned Google ads, these would generate money by just being there for the people who come through and thus click through .... there are so many people looking for something else ... they would not stay anyway so give them links to click and bring the money in for banAmp.

Incidentally a .org site can also have adverts if that is an issue.

O! And incidentally again Taka has a new album out I came across it recently ... somewhere ! It's not our Taka , not in the same way, not as incredibly creative.

To have the battles working ... it brings excitement into the site ... people come back to check then.
I't actually a bloody excellent idea for a music site ..... as Mud envisaged ... and it really does generate traffic.....a good old battle of the axes!
Could be complemented with a video these days.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.