1 2
#16December 26th, 2007 · 04:48 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
Thanks Kings.

We included RX2 on the DVD but didn't go with SF2 format.  The multi-formats we chose were WAV, Acidized WAV, AIFF, RX2, Reason Refill & Stylus Remix - Do you think we would do well to add more on the next releaes? SF2, etc

It's hard to tell which are the more frequently used formats. I used to use SF2 a lot for loop playback but now I opt for RX2 converted into Stylus RMX format as I like the easy of Auditioning.
#17December 26th, 2007 · 04:50 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
Kings - Yes, RX2 for Download is a good idea and has been moving quiet fast, they are available through Time & Space but we havent set the links through on our site yet.
#18December 28th, 2007 · 09:41 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
oops I reread my post and realized it sounds like I have those sounds... I could record them I guess but .... he was asking for sought after sounds and these are some of the sounds that I would have liked to have used for some stuff at different times... Sorry I worded that in such a confusing manner.
#19December 29th, 2007 · 05:22 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
As I understood it and worded it I DO have those sounds and samples ! LOL
Maybe I should start a Samples Download Service? O Yea! It's something I wanted to do some time anyway ! 

Toasty : If you need any samples, just ask! 
#20December 30th, 2007 · 04:42 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I say to keep the size of the collection as small as possible, you should go with WAV and REX.  That seems to be the standard, anyway.  That way you save room for more sounds in your collection.  As far as what kind of samples..  I would like to see sets of drum loops that work with eachother.  Like 3 or 4 in a folder that are variations of a drum beat and maybe a 5th with a turn around or 2 even.  As a matter of fact, Id like to see the same thing with basslines and melodies..  3 or 4 loops in a folder that all work together.  All to often, i hear a great sample of a bassline or something and I think, MAN! I would love to use that but its just not enough.  There arent enough variations to keep it interesting.  Enough if I sliced some of these loops there isnt enough variation in the first loop to create anything interesting in a 2nd or even 3rd variation.  Same applies to basslines and melodies.  Just a thought.  Having said that, VOCALS!!!  VOCALS!! VOCALS!!  Nothing drives me crazier than trying to find a decent vocal.  Again, what i described above applies to vocals.  All to often, you get these random one liners in a sample pack.  None of them work together so you cant create anything with any depth or variation.  You're forced to slice up this one line and try to process the hell out of it. Anywho..
#21December 30th, 2007 · 11:07 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Good samples in Kontakt format. Dry and easy to modify. This is an impossible thing, but maybe samples for venezuelan llanera's harp and venezuelans percussion. Those are very rare but rich sounds. I don't care much about the size, if size means better velocities samples then it's a better product. Maybe a standalone application for playing the samples with a midi controller or a zendrum or something to go live. If you are going in the wav way then make them small so people like me can take them in my triton extreme and play them on the fly in gig. That's it. Hope it helps.
#22December 31st, 2007 · 07:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
MindsAtPlay wrote…
VOCALS!!!  VOCALS!! VOCALS!!
Why don't you start a thread asking for samples ???
Like: "I'm looking for 'Ooo baby lick my stick' in a seductive female voice, please' "
Or.....whatever...
I think you know what I mean!

Isn't that what bandAmp is for, uploading and downloading stuff and generally helping each other?   
#23December 31st, 2007 · 10:34 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well, I if were creative enough I would do that very thing, But usually I hear something and say "Ooooh yeah, Im gonna use that!"  but even then its usually one single line.  Id love to have a whole verse to work with..  Anyway, We should have a section for vocals anyway, but yada yada yada....
#24January 1st, 2008 · 06:07 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
That's a great idea.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.