1 2
#16June 15th, 2012 · 05:35 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
well I dont know anything about multiple soundcards, I work with Vista / Cubase.
But if it works in Cubase, the problem must be the Ohm program..?

I havent been recording much with cubase on win7 yet, but didnt need ASIO4ALL yet indeed..
of course I mainly record my guitar by USB now, haven't done vox via soundcard.., i am curious though, hope it works better then vista.
#17June 16th, 2012 · 08:28 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I did go reading up about ASIO and I think Win7 has it's own ASIO in the Sound window, in that it's possible to set up your ins and outs from there ... and that's it as long as the proper drivers are installed for your cards
I must still try out the multiple card thing though but it means changing the cables around so as long as it works as the M-audio now does I'm happy leaving it as it is.

It's the programs like FL and this ohmStudio that cant deal with some elements of my setup ... fl is even shipped with ASIO4all.

ASIO is a system devised and developed by Steinberg so I suppose if it's going to work properly somewhere it will be in Cubase.
#18June 22nd, 2012 · 03:01 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Experiences with Ohm Studio:

Tried to use it anyway, it's not that what I expected.
Had some troubles with internet firewall (other Ohm users have same or similar problems).
No existing manual which can give me the knowledge of what is going on behind the scene, ie. internet traffic etc.
There is no uninstaller. Everything must be deleted manually. Thank god someone posted in their forum how to do.
So I deleted my account. Will come back in a couple of years to see how they grew up.
Bye Ohms!
#19June 22nd, 2012 · 04:33 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Experiences with Ohm Studio:

Tried to use it anyway, it's not that what I expected.
Had some troubles with internet firewall (other Ohm users have same or similar problems).
No existing manual which can give me the knowledge of what is going on behind the scene, ie. internet traffic etc.
There is no uninstaller. Everything must be deleted manually. Thank god someone posted in their forum how to do.
So I deleted my account. Will come back in a couple of years to see how they grew up.
Bye Ohms!

LOL ... yes bye bye ohm .... I found all I needed to know in the programs help window and on the forums / info pages ... it did not do what I wanted it to do so I deleted it ... albeit manually ... last week !

I must say some people have created some very nice music together using the program ... but alack it does indeed have a way to go before it is a full Collaboration Studio
#20June 26th, 2012 · 04:10 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah I tried this just now. Bunked it out as it did not give me an option to select a custom installation folder. Programs denying that options go out the window instantly (I did let them know under a "frustrations" report btw, aswell as the lack of an uninstaller)

The idea is nice though. But hey, I already have a decent recording solution, I don't need crap like this.
#21July 10th, 2012 · 02:14 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
it downloads, I created an account,  my mac won't open the files.  must be a windows only thing.

Whenever I have software that is non compatible ,, It has a circle with a line through it..  this software had a circle with a line through it.. not compatible with the version of 0x 10 I'm using.

I still have some cool stuff I use that I downloaded... I started using Band In A Box a lot more for my initial song structure writing.  then I transfer that midi over to my main softwares.  ie cubase,  Logic pro, digital performer (the more I use this program the more I love it).  If you like writing , and using midi instrument VST's and plugins.. DP works great, it's fast, doesn't hang or mess up.  You can put down a lot of layers real fast. 

Bit of a learning curve cause the software will do about anything but clean your house.  They now have DP for windows..  that is the only stupid thing .. took them forever to write up a DP for windows. 

I think it's because of the populace of Windows computers, and the start up of USB 3.0 and MAC  losing their freaking minds on their computer prices. 

I can build a windows unit like their top intel Mac for a 1/3 of the price.

I'll probably be shifting over more to windows  and upgrade my cubase software...

the ohm thing is a great Idea.. I came across a website a while back that was trying to do the same thing, but didn't have the software recorder like this one.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.