#1May 4th, 2012 · 07:32 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
I'm looking for singers!
Hello BandAmpers,

As some of you may have heard I can't realy sing for much. That's unfortunate, since I have a number of songs I would love to have a good interpretation of. If you would like to give one of my songs a try I would be more than delighted!

You can find my songs on here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-dA_-CUdKY&list=PL2D12A548C6EB82D6&feature=plpp_play_all

Just skip thru the songs in the playlist. If you find one you like let me know! I can will send you the instrumentals.

Gijs
#2May 5th, 2012 · 06:21 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: I'm looking for singers!
Jupiler wrote…
Hello BandAmpers,

As some of you may have heard I can't realy sing for much. That's unfortunate, since I have a number of songs I would love to have a good interpretation of. If you would like to give one of my songs a try I would be more than delighted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-dA_-CUdKY&list=PL2D12A548C6EB82D6&feature=plpp_play_all

Just skip thru the songs in the playlist. If you find one you like let me know! I can will send you the instrumentals.

Gijs

yep i see what u r tryin to do .... with the video link to you tube and all

this is a new thing on the amp .... someone asking direct for help with vocals

fantastic idea if u r stuck on that front ....

may i suggest that you post the lyrics of your songs alongside your recordings

so anyone looking in can get a handle on your songs

fish
#3May 5th, 2012 · 07:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I tried listening but it got a bit difficult to disassociate the singing with the tune.
What would work for me would be to read your lyrics..... have you posted them in the lyrics review?
If not then maybe you should, you can always add the video or a link to the song in the description.

Personally I'd read the lyrics, if I like a piece I'd listen to how you interpret it and then work what I'd made of that into your music track.
#4May 6th, 2012 · 03:57 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
re: re: I'm looking for singers!
swordfish wrote…
Jupiler wrote…
Hello BandAmpers,

Gijs

yep i see what u r tryin to do .... with the video link to you tube and all

this is a new thing on the amp .... someone asking direct for help with vocals

fantastic idea if u r stuck on that front ....

may i suggest that you post the lyrics of your songs alongside your recordings

so anyone looking in can get a handle on your songs

fish

I'm actualy working on an idea in which I can give the songs away to singers. In the sence that they even own the rights to the song. At the same time I also keep the rights to the song and I we agree that I get a copy of every recording that the singer makes. What do you think of such an agreement between songwriter and singer?

The idea behind this is that singers who either have no original songs at their disposal or realy like to use one of my songs can use my songs in every way the want to. At the same time I keep the rights to the song aswell. So if nothing comes out of it nothing comes out of it. But if the singer makes a recording or a video of him/her performing the song he/she is requiered to send me a copy. I can then monetize on that copy (aswell as the singer).

About the lyrics: I will post the lyrics in this thread. Alongside the video's. Might be easier then.
#5May 6th, 2012 · 03:58 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
I tried listening but it got a bit difficult to disassociate the singing with the tune.
What would work for me would be to read your lyrics..... have you posted them in the lyrics review?
If not then maybe you should, you can always add the video or a link to the song in the description.

Personally I'd read the lyrics, if I like a piece I'd listen to how you interpret it and then work what I'd made of that into your music track.

The lyrics are beneath the video in the description. I can sedn them to you aswell and I will post them in the lyrics thread. I would love for you to give it a go Kings! (Goes for Swordfish as well.)
#6May 6th, 2012 · 05:02 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Jupi wrote…
The idea behind this is that singers who either have no original songs at their disposal or realy like to use one of my songs can use my songs in every way the want to. At the same time I keep the rights to the song aswell. So if nothing comes out of it nothing comes out of it. But if the singer makes a recording or a video of him/her performing the song he/she is requiered to send me a copy. I can then monetize on that copy (aswell as the singer).

Here some links about saving artistīs rights and usage of their works :
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/?lang=en down below you can choose your language(NL)
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode

http://en.safecreative.net/about/
http://en.safecreative.net/2011/06/06/the-importance-of-the-identification-level/
#7May 6th, 2012 · 08:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You could simply upload two version of each song with lyrics, one with either you singing the melody/playing the vocal melody and the other with no melody, then you might get a few people having a go at it. It can be download from bandAMP.
#8May 7th, 2012 · 02:56 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
You could simply upload two version of each song with lyrics, one with either you singing the melody/playing the vocal melody and the other with no melody, then you might get a few people having a go at it. It can be download from bandAMP.

Ok, I didn't know that. Well, than that's exactly what I'll do from now on.. Thanks
#9May 7th, 2012 · 05:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jupiler wrote…
Denis wrote…

Ok, I didn't know that. Well, than that's exactly what I'll do from now on.. Thanks
Or you could have the backing track version on soundcloud with a link/ lyrics on the vocal/instrumental version on the AMP
#10May 7th, 2012 · 06:57 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes, a bit like this but then the other way around 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.