#1September 30th, 2007 · 02:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Vocal-04-EVEN

This song is not in a battle

Number 4 of more.....
Something recent again originating as two hummed lines bringing together a few ideas I had floating around.
A vocal with a little too much tremolo ?
Any one got some vocal recording / end production tips please fire away, it is what I would like to do right !
The words, for those of you who like to sit there singing along!!!

Even when I hold her hand
She is not mine
Even as I let her go
She stays

Even as I call her name
She brakes down and cries
I know that you love me
I can see it in your eyes

How can I ever tell you just how I feel
When everything has somehow gone astray
How can I ever tell her now that I love her so
As I stand before you now she's gone away

Even as I give her all I've got
She still goes and makes it more
Even as I tell her that I understand
She still goes and tells me what its for

If I were to tell you that there's no way out
Would you still want me to take you home?
If I were to show you what it's all about
Could you then ever truly be alone?

Do you know where lovers go
When it's all gone
Do you know now why hart ache sings this song?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 30th, 2007 · 02:28 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
good,Just where's the music man?!
#3September 30th, 2007 · 03:00 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nice one, Kings! Um..needs some music, obviously.  Production seems clear enough.  I leave the rest of this space for Marino and Maxdb....
#4September 30th, 2007 · 03:31 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice clear recording of your voice...so, Thats what tremolo is...Now I know..........a man with heartache...does make a good song...you have a very clear voice here...sounds good...

Flyer

Will Rate
#5September 30th, 2007 · 04:36 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
phasing is way too hard but it sounds very traditional. good voice for this kind of song. and it doesnt need music. pure acapella. perhaps more voices as backing vocals?
#6September 30th, 2007 · 04:58 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Not entirely keen on the vocal production, but I feel the words man. Nice work.

PS. I'd remove the tremolo, put a less dramatic reverb on it, and tweak the EQ/compression on the vox.

Peace.
#7September 30th, 2007 · 06:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great vox timber.Glad to see you put some new stuff down,I know you've been busy.Like always Kings(Sire),the tone and feel in your singing makes the Celtic in me shine above!

love it!
More soon i hope!

M.
#8September 30th, 2007 · 06:22 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
WOW! Thanks ALL !
Dave I will try out your suggestions, keep em comin they are appreciated !  
I do cheat in that I just chuck it all through GuitarRig lol, the tremolo is in there somewhere! Though this has got an extra reverb , leveler and the WaveLab EQ, I'll just have to get re-tweaking.
Map : M and Mdb had commented on "Sindres lost Winter Song", I just wanted them in the right place !!!
Triton, I think I just might try out some harmonies and alike on the next one (if there's call for it) , there's just no real chorus to this. I'm probably a bit apprehensive that it will become a bit too bizarre once I make a start at it! 
#9October 1st, 2007 · 06:38 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
could hear a old school blues slide guitar on that one
Great lyrics by the way
It's nice to hear something new from you king
#10October 13th, 2007 · 12:03 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
awesome lyrics man.Real nice.but too plain without lyrics.
#11December 7th, 2009 · 04:51 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
The lyrics are nice. The effects on the vocals are a bit unnecessary, and I don't really like them. Um..you're not a good singer in any stretch of the word. Your voice is very 'rough' (in a good sense) and not at all fluid. Maybe thats where the phaser comes in? Needs music of course. Other than that nice job man!
#12December 8th, 2009 · 02:59 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
fais54 wrote…
The lyrics are nice. The effects on the vocals are a bit unnecessary, and I don't really like them. Um..you're not a good singer in any stretch of the word. Your voice is very 'rough' (in a good sense) and not at all fluid. Maybe thats where the phaser comes in? Needs music of course. Other than that nice job man!

So you finally made it. 
Cheers for the comments.
I agree with you about the effect, but it was not 'unnecessary' as I was trying out effects at the time, and my recordings have a 'studio' damped sound with no space, just voice, so I'm still looking for an 'effect' for my acapella stuff.
So I'm not a good singer? At the moment I have 2803 posts on the Amp, check them out.... I dont think I've ever said I was a good singer........I just love singing and I also love the sound of my own voice ! lol ....... and I can at least hit something that resembles a note............and keep it! 
#13December 8th, 2009 · 03:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
vincentL wrote…
could hear a old school blues slide guitar on that one
Great lyrics by the way
It's nice to hear something new from you king
Vince................................

You play something that 'feels' like it should be playing with this and I'll either fit and mix these vocals to it or I'll re-recorded it to your track.
#14December 8th, 2009 · 03:22 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
kings wrote…
fais54 wrote…

So you finally made it. 
Cheers for the comments.
I agree with you about the effect, but it was not 'unnecessary' as I was trying out effects at the time, and my recordings have a 'studio' damped sound with no space, just voice, so I'm still looking for an 'effect' for my acapella stuff.
So I'm not a good singer? At the moment I have 2803 posts on the Amp, check them out.... I dont think I've ever said I was a good singer........I just love singing and I also love the sound of my own voice ! lol ....... and I can at least hit something that resembles a note............and keep it!  ;)

Maybe that was a bit of a quick judgment as this is the only song I've heard from you so far. I have to check out the rest.    Also, what does you having 2803 posts have to with your singing voice? That doesn't make you a good singer,  just that you've been here longer than I have    

Maybe try a light reverb for acapellas? But, I think your voice is more suited with music in the background. We all know I'm not a great singer either, so I hope you know I'm not trying to put you down man. Good luck.

Edit: I meant 'unnecessary' in the sense that it sounds like it's being used to mask something, when it would probably sound a lot better dry. So, the only critique I have is lower the effects a bit, and I think you'll be good to go 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.