1 2

#1November 11th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
#2November 11th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: malmsteen?

Yes! Ive always been a fan of this guy, only prob is I think he's very one dimensional. Always fast and always using the classical approach. However, did you get a chance to see G3? I was really impressed with him on that tour.I have the DVD, I only can dream to see Satrianni live.That's my guy all the way.
#3November 11th, 2006 · 05:42 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Malmstein...
Yeah, he is incredibly fast... but I like Basket find him to only be fast... not inspiring really.....  In my opinion Randy Rhoads was and will always be my vote for the greatest guitarist of all time...  He was constantly working on improving himself... and he studied classical guitar the most... he found it to be his true passion...  He was incredible.. He mixed classical with heavy metal in a way that was unbelievable..  His style, his personality, was unmatched.. he was incredibly humble... and an incredible artist.... so, anyway.. I sound like a Fanatic...   But I aint..  besides, I'm stalking Toasted Goat anyway... hahahaa

Jimk
#4November 12th, 2006 · 09:56 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yeah he ain't my fav either
I didn't post this cause he's my favorite gtr player. I just thought it was a cool use of arps. I like alot of other guitar players styles alot better. I just thought some of you would get a kick out of the cool use the arps.
#5November 12th, 2006 · 10:00 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
it's ok
You can be a stalker if you want.... I wont tell... hahahaha.....

No I could tell why you posted it, and based on the way you worded it, I figured you weren't wearing Yngwie Cologne, and "Malmsteen RULES" tattooed across your bottom...  ahahahahaha

JimK
#6November 13th, 2006 · 09:48 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
my guitar teacher used to rave about this guy all the time...I tried to give him a listen...but couldn't get past that hair!! 
#7November 14th, 2006 · 11:34 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Oi!
I have hair like that, so
Anyway. I think we've discussed this before on bandamp but it's always fun.
Yeah, in my opinion Malmsteen is immense. He's one of the people I look to for inspiration. Because of his technique only though. And that's just it, isn't it.
In my opinion Dimebag was the best guitarist ever, he could play like Yngwie and had the emotion of Jimi Hendrix. Fantastic.
I must agree, Randy Rhodes is/was an immense play also. For the same reasons that I like Dimebag.
My mission, as a guitarist, is to play as fast as Dragonforce but give it the emotion of say, Jimi Hendrix or Frank Zappa.
If only Yngwie had the emotion, but it was always so robotic.
Satch is also one of my faves. He's done some fantastic improvisations live. Emotion and skill, wicked.
But Dimebag, so...damn...cool.
Dimebag squeal!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOO!

#8November 14th, 2006 · 04:52 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Yeah, hes fast. Really fast. But that song just wasn't a very good song.
I guess I agree with everyone else, then.
I don't know who the best guitarist is, but in my opinion its either Page or Clapton.
Their styles are IMMENSELY different, so its hard to compare.

Call me wrong, but I am a firm believer in the 70's :P
And Hendrix was good, but not that good. I'd rank him 3.
#9November 14th, 2006 · 07:37 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Moses wrote…
Oi!
I have hair like that, so
Anyway. I think we've discussed this before on bandamp but it's always fun.
Yeah, in my opinion Malmsteen is immense. He's one of the people I look to for inspiration. Because of his technique only though. And that's just it, isn't it.
In my opinion Dimebag was the best guitarist ever, he could play like Yngwie and had the emotion of Jimi Hendrix. Fantastic.
I must agree, Randy Rhodes is/was an immense play also. For the same reasons that I like Dimebag.
My mission, as a guitarist, is to play as fast as Dragonforce but give it the emotion of say, Jimi Hendrix or Frank Zappa.
If only Yngwie had the emotion, but it was always so robotic.
Satch is also one of my faves. He's done some fantastic improvisations live. Emotion and skill, wicked.
But Dimebag, so...damn...cool.
Dimebag squeal!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOO!

:evil:

Yes RIP Dimebag there will never be another like you......the master of noise,power and melody.

hmmmmmmm top 3 all time.....that's a toughy...how about Satrianni, Van Halen, SRV, Dimebag, Hendrix, Hammet, Vai,  I guess thats more than 3 but I think there's too many amazing guitarists to say who's the best.But if I had to choose only 3 to listen to for the rest of my days it would be Satrianni, Dimebag and SRV.
#10November 14th, 2006 · 08:26 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok
I refuse to respond to Basketcases post, because it lacks any real intelligence.... otherwise he would have listed Randy Roads, and Buddy Guy...     But I digress.... 

This post is about Dimebag,

He was killed here in my hometown, at the Alrossa Villa...  Two of my bands performed there, I have been on that stage many, many times....   My buddy was going to go to that show, but had to work...  I too was on call that night...  what a shame.....   Yes, RIP Dimebag...

JimK
#11November 14th, 2006 · 10:14 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: ok
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
I refuse to respond to Basketcases post, because it lacks any real intelligence.... otherwise he would have listed Randy Roads, and Buddy Guy...     But I digress.... 

This post is about Dimebag,

He was killed here in my hometown, at the Alrossa Villa...  Two of my bands performed there, I have been on that stage many, many times....   My buddy was going to go to that show, but had to work...  I too was on call that night...  what a shame.....   Yes, RIP Dimebag...

JimK

LMAO Jim, I didnt mention Randy cause he was mentiond earlier,( I know I mentioned Hendrix although he was 2 but ya cant say the word guitar without people thinking of him so ya.... but as far as Buddy goes well have to agree to disagree 
#12November 14th, 2006 · 10:57 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
best guitarist is probably in his room now
best guitarist is probably practicing now in his room somewhere out ther in the world. Man the discussion of best guitarist can't easily be answered. IMHO you have to also look at style of music. Classical : Andre Segovia, or John Williams; Classic Rock: Blackmore, Page, Clapton,. Rock Randy Roads, VanHalen and two that are often over looked Rick Emmett, and Alex Lifeson. Metal: (Damn there so many badasses here) Dimebag, Alex Skolnick
list is to big.  Guitar Rock:  Satch, Via,Petrucci,Eric Johnson, Ritchie Kotzen, Gary Moore, List is to big Blues: Buddy Guy,BBking, Blues Saraceno, one of my favs. Stevei Ray Vaughn. again list is to big.  So many great guitar players out there all contributing there knowledge and style and dare I say it Soul for us. Great time in history that we can so easily exchange informaton. In the earlier years most of us would probably never of had a chance to hear the great musicians and composers. oh well I rant again 

ps. almost forgot Pat Matheny and Joe Pass.
#13November 14th, 2006 · 11:43 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
.... And for flamenco, Paco de Lucía.  I f you haven't listened to him yet you've never hear what's to play a guitar with more emotion than Hendrix and faster than this malsteem guy... or anyone I've hear so far.  So yeah... check him out.    (everyone's using that evil face so tought I put one too  )

oh.. and there's also Wes Montgomery, for Jazz.
#14November 15th, 2006 · 12:08 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hmmmm....
aetheris wrote…
.... And for flamenco, Paco de Lucía.  I f you haven't listened to him yet you've never hear what's to play a guitar with more emotion than Hendrix and faster than this malsteem guy... or anyone I've hear so far.  So yeah... check him out.    (everyone's using that evil face so tought I put one too  )

oh.. and there's also Wes Montgomery, for Jazz.

I thought the greatest Flamenco Guitarist was Estaban!?!?!?!?!   
#15November 15th, 2006 · 11:34 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Guitar Trio Album
Paco, Al Di Meola, and John Mclaughlin, a must for guitar players.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.