#1October 27th, 2006 · 04:28 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
FBI's Moderators
I want to dedicate this space to our beloved Moderators...

First of all, I must say is an honor be friend of them and i'm writing this as a thank to their work at Bandamp

In the last days, I was reading the cases where our mods, as best detectives, detected cases of spam, or illegal uploads of copyrighted material.

here is just an example

http://forum.bandamp.com/Abuse/11981.html
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3496.html#id36551

the list of the most seeked - non-grate ampers includes the names of:

Hysteria, CrystalCherry and recently Foodles

The most amazing thing that I want to share is his modus operandi

1. A common amper (as you and me) makes the report of Abuse or something similar
2. Inmediatly the Mod's red skype rings

here is a part of the chat:
ModPuppetXeno .MPX.:Hey JimK Da'Mod,  we have another kid breaking the rules..
ModJimK .MJK.: Jesus, man, Is another hiphoper?
MPX: No mate, worst, we have a ladie who thinks she's Celine Dion and a super famous R&B singer
MJK: Who is she?, let me check at the internet
MPX: We must cancel her account man!!!
MJK: No, no, let's wait to see what she has to say, we are just moderators not dictators
MPX: Okay, but we have to admonish her actions, and make a public judgement with the ampers
MJK: Alrite, let me cook the dinner and then I'll search in my collegue database of the early 90's

3. the data transmission in the next 2 minutes is impressive
4. MPX and MJK are ready to the action...
they show his method to detect the break of the rules ...
after careful examination...
I will notify the University...

etc...

the veredict is done: guilty

And after they say: we will block the user and please (write here the name of the accused) delete the mp3 and declare peace to us...
5. finnally,  we have another amper blocked

hmm What do you think? effectives no?

that's why I write this thread, I know (as a follower of the bandamp church) Entheon and Mud are the lords but man, we need to give the honor to our mods. Without them, we can't have this harmonic place named bandamp.com

Remember the fight against the hiphopers, histerya, or something else...

I sometime said: I don't want to be his enemy ever... 

and remember.. If you beak the rules, there's always a Moderator watching you!!!

Dodo (the Mod's friend)

PS. I hope they don't block my account after read this thread
#2October 27th, 2006 · 06:19 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
dodosito wrote…
PS. I hope they don't block my account after read this thread

hmmm, I'm tempted, but hey, thanks for da praise!

yeah, we're doing the best we can. WE LOVE THIS SITE! (and somehow I know I'm not speaking merely for myself in this case)

It's the interaction with the entire site and all of it's members which makes being a moderator a rewarding job. In fact I owe my moderatorship to a bunch of true Amp-lovers who had forwarded my name to mud, and I am very grateful. It means a lot to me to be able to something good for a great (albeit small) community with members from all over the world who have atleast one thing in common: their love for music... Logging on this site is not just part of the daily ritual, it's what makes my day, and I kid you not. Plus ofcourse it's been a GREAT stimulant to get my musical efforts going in a meaningful direction, and with my new live debut coming up the 4th of November, I'll be thinking of all my Amper friends who have supported and criticized my work constructively, and without whom I probably wouldn't have bothered to put myself to the test again...
#3October 27th, 2006 · 06:23 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow....
Well, Don't you fret none...

We are here to NIP IT IN THE BUD!

Seriously though..... It didn't exactly go that way....  but it's pretty close.. hahahahaha   

JimK
#4October 27th, 2006 · 06:34 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
ohh surprising!

The moderators were the first to answer this thread.... 

And  they don't blocked me 

Once again Pup and JimK, thank you guys for your job!!

I really feel the comunity with you!

Dodo (The Mod's Friend)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.