1 2
#16October 10th, 2006 · 07:28 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Evanescence ? spam
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
who knows why------
Maybe she's actually a complete cow in reality.
Anyway, I didn't particulaly like going under or Wake Me Up. But I love the rest of the album...minus My Imortal.
I love Hello. I'm currently trying to write a guitar peice to go over it and eventually replace the piano but it's quite dificult to write something that isn't cheesy or just repetitive.
She's got a fantastic voice. Though I find it funny that she denies it's gothic or emo. It's both because it's liked by both and and reflects the emotions of both.
Though maybe it wasn't what she was aiming for.
She even dresses like an goth in her videos, maybe her music wasn't suppose to be either but her "people" decided it was a good look for her and it suited her music....
and I love the word emo cause no emo likes the word emo and it's fun to call emos emos cause I hate those friggin emos.
#17October 10th, 2006 · 10:36 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This is not a bad video, and it's neither a bad song.
I guess I liked it, and that's a nice chick with a powerful voice!
I love that slow song Evanescence has... hmm My Immortal, that's it!

> Iszil
#18October 11th, 2006 · 01:24 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
emo?
Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music. Since its inception, emo has come to describe several independent variations, linked loosely but with common ancestry. As such, use of the term has been the subject of much debate.

In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe the music of the mid-1980s Washington, DC scene and its associated bands. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and strongly emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and, slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to reflect the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles.

As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker emo within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term emo was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music.
Contents
#19October 11th, 2006 · 01:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
it's
Moses wrote…
Though I find it funny that she denies it's gothic or emo. It's both because it's liked by both and and reflects the emotions of both.
Though maybe it wasn't what she was aiming for.
She even dresses like an goth in her videos, maybe her music wasn't suppose to be either but her "people" decided it was a good look for her and it suited her music....
and I love the word emo cause no emo likes the word emo and it's fun to call emos emos cause I hate those friggin emos.

It's cool to deny your gothicness if you're actually goth. It's a trend really. I know quite some young gothsters who will describe themselves as "slightly alternative" and get very upset when you even utter the word "gothic". Remember they are all "individuals" and they would not wish to belong to a massive subculture thriving on alternative individuals.

Evaneseance (or so) is definately associated with gothic, like Moses said, and purposefully denies this as they don't want to be placed in a specific genre; they have many listeners outside that genre, who would maybe decide to not wish to be associated with a culture of occultist substance abusers in any way. SO it's a marketing safety technique.
In fact, that's what I dislike about the band, it's all so typically bits of this, bits of that just to make people from a whole lot of musical corners find something to enjoy in their music, and buy the album.

And why Amy is single... poor little girl (victim) could it be another marketing technique, or could she really be a cow? I've watched some more material, I can only see her outside, the way she acts in any video, I find nothing I particulary like about her. She's a pro vocalist doing her job (and yes, very good at that) - but she's not a very good actor, she did not get me hooked.

i.e. two keywords: transparent, superficial.
#20October 11th, 2006 · 09:39 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
i used to LOVE them...but now i just like em....

record companies like to put people in a box....
#21October 11th, 2006 · 12:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: re: re: Evanescence ? spam
Moses wrote…
heh, heh, heh...I enjoyed that...don't know why....just did....
#22October 11th, 2006 · 12:32 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: emo?
toastedgoat wrote…
Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music. Since its inception, emo has come to describe several independent variations, linked loosely but with common ancestry. As such, use of the term has been the subject of much debate.

In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe the music of the mid-1980s Washington, DC scene and its associated bands. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and strongly emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and, slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to reflect the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles.

As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker emo within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term emo was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music.
Contents
Wow, Greg...impressive and informative! thanks (your writing style seems to have changed in this post  )
#23October 11th, 2006 · 12:39 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: it's
PuppetXeno wrote…
It's cool to deny your gothicness if you're actually goth. It's a trend really. I know quite some young gothsters who will describe themselves as "slightly alternative" and get very upset when you even utter the word "gothic". Remember they are all "individuals" and they would not wish to belong to a massive subculture thriving on alternative individuals.

Evaneseance (or so) is definately associated with gothic, like Moses said, and purposefully denies this as they don't want to be placed in a specific genre; they have many listeners outside that genre, who would maybe decide to not wish to be associated with a culture of occultist substance abusers in any way. SO it's a marketing safety technique.
In fact, that's what I dislike about the band, it's all so typically bits of this, bits of that just to make people from a whole lot of musical corners find something to enjoy in their music, and buy the album.
Wow! well said Puppet! I agree!
#24October 11th, 2006 · 02:06 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
OK, I like what Greg wrote about the origins of Emo - it makes perfect sense to me.  Funny though, I just thought it was just a badly spelled large antipodean flightless bird! 

As far as Evanescence are concerned - I love the music.  The combination vocal/instrumental mix is fabulous, just as aetherius says.

And as far as Ms Lee is concerned - well I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crisps!
#25October 11th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
oh hell I copied that post on emo
wikipidia 
#26October 11th, 2006 · 03:24 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Jiminuk wrote…
well I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crisps!
:)

I love eating crips in bed with ....
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.