1 2

#1October 8th, 2006 · 03:08 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Evanescence ? spam
I know I'm gonna get some flack from this post but, I like this band. She's hot and the videos are very cool ( I love the latest video) call me blah blah sober video. If you haven't seen it check it out here.
http://www.evanescence.com/video.asp

I hear she's single now
#2October 8th, 2006 · 03:12 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
don't know about her but i like vocal combinations they produce.........
#3October 8th, 2006 · 04:27 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
uh. yeah, I don't know, I kinda have anti reactions to music videos these days. Can't watch em all the way through. Maybe it's the slick production or the pretentious stage setting, I don't know. It's just not doing it for me. uh, sure, she looks kinda ok, needs to get rid of that "look how sorry I am" goth attitude, but hey, I know lots of single girls
#4October 8th, 2006 · 05:48 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like the flying part
I think that's what i like is the over the top production on this vid, the flying in the air with the twirling girls.
i mean i know she's not the greatest, but man compared to somthing like Paris Hilton or brittany or one of the simpsons Her music to me is better and so's the video, It's not just another almost naked bimbo prancing and dancing around to music they didn't write and pre programmed beats. of course this is just my opinion.

oh yeah I too know lots of single girls.
#5October 8th, 2006 · 05:56 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: I like the flying part
toastedgoat wrote…
i mean i know she's not the greatest, but man compared to somthing like Paris Hilton or brittany or one of the simpsons Her music to me is better and so's the video, It's not just another almost naked bimbo prancing and dancing around to music they didn't write and pre programmed beats. of course this is just my opinion.

ok now THAT'S a valid point alright
#6October 8th, 2006 · 06:18 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Amy Lee
I like her 2 Goat, don't forget this girl can really sing and is the real deal.
#7October 8th, 2006 · 06:39 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yup I know check this out
check this out watch the whole video because she kicks into the live acoustic version.
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/evanescence/videos.jhtml

Scroll down and click on the one that says "Take 2"
#8October 8th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
You know, I was sort of enamored with Evanescence when "Going Under" was a new release. I was attracted to the dynamics of that song, (Chick singer almost whispering the first lines of the song over a chugging, chunky guitar, suddenly the band breaks into the chorus...with a really phat, rhythmic sound... and her voice ascends into a clear, impassioned peal...I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I tend to like the female voice projecting loud and clear over a heavy ,distorted instrumentation). The song that got airplay was fully electric...but check out this acoustic version at http://music.yahoo.com/ar-298125---Evanescence. Make sure you select the "Going Under: Yahoo! Music Exclusive Performance (2005)"). I decided at that time I liked Amy Lee (lead singer)...then, paradoxically, I found that I didn't like their other stuff AT ALL (I'm avoiding saying that I hated it). It was WAY too "emo" with no substance. I was really disappointed. Now this video/song ("Call me When You're Sober") brings back some of the elements I like (even though I agree with some of the observations made about the "over the top" production).
#9October 8th, 2006 · 10:37 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I hate the term "emo"
It is a most annoying word... 

Ok, had to say that.... carry on....

JimK
#10October 8th, 2006 · 10:56 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
lol evanescence is one of my favourite bands....i just like the whole mixing of beautiful female vocals and the heavy guitars...

plus, girl power!!

i dont think they're 'emo'.....neither do i think they're goth. she denies it, too.

you guys should hear the songs they made before they got famous....its more varied. They had an album before 'Fallen' called 'Origin', not many people know that.

oh and what's more? they said its completely ok to download that album free from the internet as they made limited copies and prices on eBay are ridiculous like $2000.

Link Removed, because of objectionable material on page...
#11October 8th, 2006 · 01:49 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: I hate the term
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
It is a most annoying word... 

Ok, had to say that.... carry on....

JimK

Okay...agreed...it is not the best word...and certainly not descriptive. With regards to the work of the band, Evanescence , I simply disliked their attempts to heavily produce songs that were built on weak and overly - maudlin lyric content. Furthermore, the videos had too much emphasis on Amy as as sort of blend of siren/martyr which I felt detracted from her image as a talented singer.
#12October 9th, 2006 · 08:45 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
soo sorry about the link...i seriuosly didnt know...

so dont go there!

the internet is full of these junk!
#13October 10th, 2006 · 12:52 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
she seems empowered on this video
I agree with the siren/martyr thing sorta. Seems like the first vids were a little hokey what with the scaffold thing but seems like in this video and her general attitude at this time is more empowered, not just for the vids but in the music as well. When shooting videos sometimes the labels hire directors and writers trying to make a name also, so they  tend to go overboard at times. That said, I still like the, Call Me When Your Sober Video.
She's stops playing the victim and shows  power, plus I like the visuals and concept. Like I said before I can't stomach the pop bimbo almost naked can't sing, can't write, bullshit vids that take up most of the video market.
#14October 10th, 2006 · 10:28 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: she seems empowered on this video
toastedgoat wrote…
I agree with the siren/martyr thing sorta. Seems like the first vids were a little hokey what with the scaffold thing but seems like in this video and her general attitude at this time is more empowered, not just for the vids but in the music as well. When shooting videos sometimes the labels hire directors and writers trying to make a name also, so they  tend to go overboard at times. That said, I still like the, Call Me When Your Sober Video.
She's stops playing the victim and shows  power, plus I like the visuals and concept. Like I said before I can't stomach the pop bimbo almost naked can't sing, can't write, bullshit vids that take up most of the video market.

I agree on all counts
#15October 10th, 2006 · 02:35 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
re: Evanescence ? spam
toastedgoat wrote…
I hear she's single now :D

who knows why------
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.