1 2 3 4

#16October 3rd, 2006 · 05:38 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
My Bands name...
The Tone Deaf Americans.....

I like it....  Works well, people don't expect much! 
#17October 3rd, 2006 · 11:29 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
I knew a guy in a band called "Stool sample". Really.
They were actually a shitty band and their career went right down the toilet.
At some point every nite they would remind the audience "Don't forget to wipe".
The night I saw them, someone in the audience shouted back
"don't forget to practice".
#18October 4th, 2006 · 09:15 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
Lol, alerion, that is soo funny. Shitty band with an equally shitty name XD

umm....menstrual cramp?...................

#19October 4th, 2006 · 09:37 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
How about "The Barenaked Ladies" ??  They've actually had a lot of success!  There's another Canadian band called "Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie"

Siren and I used to joke about funny bill-mates. Like "The Finger Eleven - Barenaked Ladies Tour" or "The Rancid - Hole Tour" hahaha
#20October 4th, 2006 · 01:29 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Haha... If you would have a band in Holland called "The Bill-Mates" you'd seriously have a funny name there! In translation it means something like "Butthole Buddy"... which reminds me there IS a band called Butthole Surfers... What's that aiming at anyway - having fun on a Diarrhoea Deluge??

How about... industrial/noise godfathers Throbbing Gristle? They made EXACTLY the type of music that their name invokes you to think of.... Can't say the same for Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel (later renamed to simply "Foetus")... Or the band named "Kill Switch... Click" I thought that was actually a funny way of naming one's band. I've learned that they're now simply named "Kill Switch".. bummer
#21October 4th, 2006 · 02:00 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
How about calling a band "FREE BEER" ?
Put that on the sign out front of the bar and you're sure to get a lot of people in!
#22October 4th, 2006 · 02:29 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
my brothers friends band were a twisted sister tribute act....called fisted sister.
Ive heard of a raegae band called jimmy the hoover!
How about 'armlegs'?
#23October 4th, 2006 · 02:59 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Oh yeah.
there was one my old gf was into called the Fetus Eaters.
Also Fungusmongus.
I read about a band when I was on the road called Greenish Hugh and the Taints.
I think it was Killer Pussy that had the song " Teenage enema nurse in bondage" out in the '80s.
#24October 4th, 2006 · 07:49 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
spoon wrote…
How about calling a band "FREE BEER" ?
Put that on the sign out front of the bar and you're sure to get a lot of people in!

Funny you should mention that, there is a band called The Free Beer and Chicken Coalition... They are REAL GOOD too....  Very different and fresh....  

here's their site: http://www.fbncc.com
#25October 4th, 2006 · 09:11 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
well i red about a band in england i beleave it was... i could be mistaken.. but it was a band called "gay for johnny depp" and they were all strait men O.O lol but they admired him so much thats what they called it. and they said that if they had to change the band name because of legal reasons, (because depps lawyer cought wind of this and said that it would hurt depps rep, *though i dont think depp really cared, but his lawyer is a jurk out for publicity*) they would, and they would call the band "gay for ben williams"

although im not so sure if thats the lawyers name -.- i cant remeber it, but i think thats it.. i could be wrong

any way i thought that was funny!
#26October 4th, 2006 · 09:57 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
I like a lot of the diffrent names that are out there. I have a friend of mine that played in a punk band called
Dick Gravy And The Semen Demons. My guitar teachers band is called  Harryballzacks.

Akuard where are you from ? Toasted Goat is not to far from St.Joe.

I like alot of the names you came up with puppet. very cool.
Maryville, gower, etc. Why?
#27October 5th, 2006 · 01:28 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Goats based in KC now .
We've done some show around that area. We're now based out of KCMO.  Anyway back to names.
When I played in a speed/thrash/death metal band we used to do some shows in Dallas/FT.Worth TX with a band called Munstrual Gravy. They were pretty good , the drummer was a grad student from North Texas State.  There was another band called ,   The Egglords ,   I like that name for some reason.
#28October 5th, 2006 · 01:31 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
alittlepaperdoll wrote…
well i red about a band in england i beleave it was... i could be mistaken.. but it was a band called "gay for johnny depp" and they were all strait men O.O lol but they admired him so much thats what they called it. and they said that if they had to change the band name because of legal reasons, (because depps lawyer cought wind of this and said that it would hurt depps rep, *though i dont think depp really cared, but his lawyer is a jurk out for publicity*) they would, and they would call the band "gay for ben williams"

although im not so sure if thats the lawyers name -.- i cant remeber it, but i think thats it.. i could be wrong

any way i thought that was funny!

lol i think mr depp wouldnt take it too seriously, i think he might even like it 
#29October 5th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
I always liked.....
Captain Crunch and the Cereal Killers
#30October 5th, 2006 · 03:56 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
Toasted Goat
I love your band's name. Maybe, I will truck down to see you sometime. (That is if I get speakers and hear you play on ehere first and like it).
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.