1 2
#16August 6th, 2011 · 01:50 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
See, people are only allowed to be my friend if they are musicians. 
I'm with you though TK...i don't really care about social networking sites at all. This is like the ONLY forum I even belong to and I don't even consider this a social networking site. Although I'm not saying they don't have their place...its just not my thing. Never used it, so how can I really make a fair judgement on it? I say, if you want to sing out, sing out and if you want to be free be free, because there's a million things to be. you know that there are.
#17August 6th, 2011 · 03:15 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
No, I understand you. That's exactly the kind of differences that I know people have, so I respect it and don't mean to agitate anybody over it.

Due to the way I've moved, married a non-US citizen, change jobs, changed schools, etc... A fun website that helps me be friends with a few of my good buddies out there isn't a bad thing really what this comes down to for me is that I love technology.  I love using it, I love reading about new inventions and science and yada yada.  So it's kind of a fun when you find a piece of tech that helps you do what you wanted to do in the first place.

I love good discussions (not arguments, but legit discussions).  It's not my quest to convert anybody or anything :P I share my thoughts, other people share theirs.  I'm not trying to be "right". Just getting to know everyone better.  Thanks for sharing, friends.
#18August 19th, 2011 · 09:15 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Hi Tim,

Added you to my circles on Google+!

I used to be pretty active on facebook, but then it just became a chore to ignore people that I really just didn't want to read about (besides, I wasn't very interesting either)! Google+ seems a bit more mellow. I really hope it doesn't become popular, however also hoping that it generates enough users to keep it running.

--XFactor-- (other Tim )
#19August 24th, 2011 · 09:02 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Stale though this is, I thought I'd jump in.

I got into G+ quite early, but there were a couple of problems. (1) I couldn't invite anybody, so I suffered the same problems that I did when I started using the underappreciated Google Wave and (2) Once I got a bunch of my friends to start using it, I was disappointed to see that Google didn't bother to have a whole lot of compatibility with their other products. If I share an item on Reader, the comments posted there and the share should be reflected on G+. If I fave an item on YouTube, Twitter or Reader, it should be posted to G+. I'm quite active on Twitter, not at all on Facebook and have a website, but G+ falls into that middle category in terms of lengths of posts that are appropriate and I don't find it that useful.

But I think I am getting old.
#20August 24th, 2011 · 11:49 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
To be fair though, I think that integration with "a lot" of other google products could be something I cut them some slack for until its done being a field trial.  Although, something in my bones says it might not actually happen for a while. They've definitely got to reconcile all of their past scattered attemps at social-ish features, like in Google reader, as you said.

I actually can't figure a proper use for Twitter, personally. It's not bad, it's just not clicking. So really, I guess G+ is my expanded twitter, but other than that, I'm a lot like you are.

I think this matter of preference highlights that there prolly isn't going to be one website to rule them all. People are just too different for that, and it's not realistic to cater to everyone simultaneously.  So I'm not really expecting G+ to "kill" much of anything. There will be a number of people like me that have been floaters up until now.

To be honest... G+ actually helps me bridge a communication gap with all the people I talk to at school these days. It's the people that I "know", but it's not like I bother them for phone numbers or email addresses.  So as such, I kinda *need* a medium-length platform.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 12:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.