1 2 3 4

#16September 17th, 2006 · 01:40 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
What a nice place...
...Bandamp.  Well, I think it's pretty much all said in this thread.  I just want to explain somethings I said.

I asume my responsability.  I smoked my first cigarrette because I wanted to, and that's a decision I make every time I light one. So  "it's because of people like you that:
1) I smoke, and 2)There's a war going on." was just a way to say that impositive regulations are not helping in the world and would not help in the schools, I think.  So I wasn't trying to blame anybody, and I'm sorry if offended to TheTeemDream or someone else in this forum.  I think this is a healthy debate aiming a tough task, and I share your frustration, cause we have the same problem in our country.

So, yeah... I think this is a great space for open discussion.  Lets keep it that way.
#17September 17th, 2006 · 02:49 AM
8 threads / 2 songs
47 posts
India
I agree Aetheris

and i dont have any problem with you....
#18September 17th, 2006 · 04:37 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Imagine if all smokers quit overnight, governments would freak . On one hand sanctimonious sponsoring anti smoking campaigns ....scare pics horror festering cancers but geeee all that lost revenue thru taxes and gasp awwmoigawd the economy.
They've had addicted generations just where they want them  , a veritible goldmine pipeline neverending .
They'd find something else to tax .
The East India Company descimated china with opium
Look at it this way it could be revenge on haha civilization courtesy of ancient Inca gods  for what they did to  the Indian population of America.
Sorry I know its a curse .
#19September 18th, 2006 · 02:19 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Ok, I made a mistake. I have a lot of dark sarasm and I love Irony.
The problem is it doesn't come across well as a stand alone joke, I breif explanation was planed but I have no interenet and my friends comp crashed and I had to go home.
Anyway, Aetheris in very right in saying there is not enough tolerance in society today.
Teendream was right also. Suspending everyone you see who smokes would solve the problem.
Myu views on smoking are seriouse because I am treated like a second rate citizin for smoking. Despite the fact I consider myself as a good samariton type. Some one who should be praised, not prosocuted.
Plus I understand there are risks but there are more risks involved in many everyday in my opinion.
Anyway,
I  apologise for my bad taste humour and if I caused an argument or any harm.
Anyway,
toodles,
KI
#20September 18th, 2006 · 10:16 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
47 posts
India
all this doesnt matter
the thing that matter is that smoking is bad and it has to be stopped!!!!
we have to have will power to control it
there is no way that others can control your actions
maybe they can for sometime but not for long

so say no to SMOKING.
IT KILLS....
#21September 19th, 2006 · 08:04 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
But I don't want to give up, ever.
This is what I mean. Yes, smoking kills.
Why are we worrying about something like smoking when lack of fair trade is not only killing but keeping the people it kills in absolupe poverty while they live.
There are people who only eat one meal a week and have to walk 30 milkes a day just to get water.
This is a tiny dot on the millions of major and quite frankly unaceptable problems governments and us, yes, us choose to ignore.
In favour of what. Smoking.
Who cares if smoking kills. If I die because of smoking, I would be (if you feel anything after death) enraged if some one used me as an example not to smoke. I love smoking. I enjoy smoking whilst drinking. I enjoy smoking pot (which is no more dangerous than alchohole) and I like something to look forward in the day. I like the fact that he rest of the world hates it for hypochritical reasons. I like the way that when it all gets too much I can walk outside and smoke. I like to contemplate whilst smoking. I like the taste and I like the way it feels and makes me feel.
It's not neceraly bad for you. There is a risk it will be bad for you. Everything worth living for is dangerous. Thats part of what makes it fun. But that's not really the point I was trying to make. The point I was trying to make is that it's a side product you can't avoid. So stop worrying and get on with it.
Before you pull the whole, "but it doesn't just effect you" comment on me; In my beleif that's not true. I have enough courtasy that if I sit down next to some one I don't know on a bench in a park, I'll ask if they mind me lighting up. If I'm already sitting down, I don't expect to have to move. In my view that's fair enough.
I don't beleive that if I smoke others should suffer but a little tolerance would also be apreciated.
It's become a fashoin to rant at smokers. People are becomig rude towards me because of it. I am being punished for smoking.
So no, you didn't anger me, and I am still not angry. But if you don't mind me saying so I feel that last comment was slightly close minded,
KI
*takes a bow, leaves stage left*
#22September 20th, 2006 · 07:25 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
when itt comes to $$$$$$
Interesting reaction to total indoor smoking ban in clubs and pubs in Australia,

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/pubs-fume-at-smoking-rules/2006/09/20/1158431784446.html
#23September 21st, 2006 · 05:15 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
I agree the aetheris... i smoke, i started smoking was my choice... i got suspended for smoking in the school toilets still did it... to be honest there's not alot you can do to stop it, if kids want to smoke in school they'll smoke, the fact that your adding repercussions will probably make em do it more cause we all know its the 'rebels' that smoke in school... lol... thats what i was... a rebel... how cool am i 
#24September 21st, 2006 · 07:06 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes and if you would have had a specific location in which you would have been allowed to smoke... would you still have tried to smoke on the loo?
#25September 21st, 2006 · 07:58 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
of course not that would of just been daft, but school wouldnt look very good if it has designated smoking areas... but i doubt it would change anything... kids smoke out of school they'll smoke in school, if they dont smoke out of school they wont smoke in school... although the fear of suspesion would probably put more off than promoting it with a smoking area... then again smoking areas are highly degrading... crammed into those tiny glass boxes in airpots like a tin of sardines getting out fix of nicotine after a 6 hour flight...
#26September 21st, 2006 · 08:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
lol... hehehehe... that's the exact purpose of those areas yeah... to discourage!

glad I quit 2 years ago.
#27September 22nd, 2006 · 10:47 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
wow i didnt know there were other peole so concerned...

smoking is against the rules in my school, yet half of the male population and a few females still smoke...the girls never smoke in school though...well maybe once. The guys always smoked in the washrooms.....

thers notmuch they can do about it, but i hoped the school tried harder. Fortunately there are some good, caring girlfriends who are trying to help their boyfriends stop smoking. Its mainly the other students who are helping and making an impact....the teachers just make them pissed. Thats how teenagers are....
#28September 22nd, 2006 · 08:27 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Whats the problem with letting them leave school grounds at break. That way they can smoke/not smoke, eat food that doesn't taste like regurgitated guano etc etc.
Edit, ha, I just realized, Aetheris, Aetherius, two different people....sorry.
#29September 23rd, 2006 · 05:22 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Moses wrote…
Whats the problem with letting them leave school grounds at break. That way they can smoke/not smoke, eat food that doesn't taste like regurgitated guano etc etc.
Edit, ha, I just realized, Aetheris, Aetherius, two different people....sorry.

Well, the problem is that they ar not allowed to be outside the school grounds because the school is taking all resopnsibility for them while AT school, which means that when you come in the morning up to the moment you finish your lessons, if something happens to you, the school will be held responsible!
You can't do that, no....

As for designing places dedicated to smokers, isn't it the same as saying : OK, we admit we can't win with smokers and can't control what is happening at school. Is it really gaining the control back into school's hands?? One solution that comes to my mind is teachers watching the school halls/corridors during the breaks AND having a look into the children's bathrooms during the breaks. Something like a school police... We have to do it at our school, anyway.
#30September 23rd, 2006 · 05:39 AM
8 threads / 2 songs
47 posts
India
huh??
well yeah that teacher patrol at work..
will do just fine...

and allowing ppl to smoke is really giving up...
leading to situation when pupils will be in a higher state than the teachers..
may be leading to diobedience or to even worse circumstances....

well but i do still believe(even after being so much opposed) that Suspending these
unobidient smoker would do a great job...

by the way if you are thinking of just controlling them even outside the school then you should give up.......then puppetxeno's advise would work just fine....
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.