1 2

#1April 7th, 2011 · 04:33 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
need help on cover artwork
Since a couple of days I try to explore and learn more about working with foto programs . Iīm using a simple, not too complex program as "PAINT.Net" ( better than PAINT) and want to design a new artwork for my album cover.
Iīd like to ask you which cover concept you prefer. Which design do you like most?
 Hereīs a selection of 5 pics. 
Thnx
U . L . I .

These are the tracks :

1. Anfunk
  2. Warm and spicy
  3. Just for fun
  4. Gute Laune
  5. Bleifuss
  6. Pickguard
  7. Rookie boogie
  8. Bramaica sunrise
  9. Tissue
10.Up-Synth

.....and thisone will be the cover of the next album .........bit spacey....

#2April 7th, 2011 · 08:28 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I think #4 (second row, second column) is the most attractive, and uses the best color scheme.  I see what you were doing with #5, but my eyes see a guitar sitting upright on a couch covered in a cloth, instead of actual angle you used with it on the floor!
#3April 7th, 2011 · 09:18 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
#4April 8th, 2011 · 03:18 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
#3 and #4 are my favorites. possibly i'd learn more towards #3 because "unlimited inspiration" is in black.
#5April 8th, 2011 · 04:48 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
#4 is fine
#6April 8th, 2011 · 01:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like #5 , though once TLS mentioned it I also saw it's on a sofa and turned on it's side ....
But the design I like, the colours are the nicest and the text is cool ..

The first 4 just look like wobbly morphed guitars 
I'm not too sure what happened to the last one ... every thing kind of fell on the canvas ... 

I'd like #5 even better if Anfunk was a bit more right and ULI unlimited etc was more to the left.
#7April 8th, 2011 · 04:24 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I wouldn't choose #5 because its too similar looking to what you want to do for your next album cover.
#8April 8th, 2011 · 05:36 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thank yaīll  for your impressions and advises, guys   
As everything in art itīs always a matter of taste, mood & the current situation.  Everyoneīs arguments and suggestions are right. But the choice keeps still hard. 
The first four pics are just 1 foto I worked with. I shot the git lying on my bed from the " body view ".

Personaly Iīve  extracted two solutions :
1 :       # 3 and 4 are quite similar . Differing only in tiny contrast changes and the text . I like these concepts because itīs artifical , screwed and has a wobbled character , as īkings `mentioned . Itīs a bit analogical to my music.  
2 :       # 5 and 6 are also only 1 foto  ( 180° rotated ) , this time the git was lying again on my bed but I shot from the " headstock view".

I have an idea of continuity , a " red thread " , something recognizeable . Thatīs why I think about choosing # 5
because it so similar to # 6.

But thereīs no rush for me so I can think furthermore about the right decision.

Today Iīve been sitting the whole day long  ( 14 hrs)  on my  īlappi` and played with my fotoprogram . Everyday Iīm improving a lil bit .
Let me introduce you my VERY FIRST LOGO I created just with the tools in the program .
This time I didnīt work on a foto.
Iīd like to use it as my new avatar . What do you think ???

#9April 8th, 2011 · 06:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
No dont !

About #5 though... if you blank out / hide (with your fingers) the bottom corners, hiding the edge of the bed, you lose the optical illusion that the guitar is on its side. And your left with an amazing fiery/watery/metallic effect behind the guitar in the quilt cover.

The creation above reminds me of the wall paper I had as a teenager ... a whole wall covered in those kind of spots and spheres ... wow trip out or what !

You could use the lasso tool and 'lift' the guitar.

If your working in layers you can go back to #6 when you know some more and work at it again.
It's a bit busy and full at the moment , needs some space and depth. 
#10April 8th, 2011 · 06:40 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK looking at 1,2,3 and 4 again, I like the 'twirled' body ... a lot ... but I dont like the twisted neck.
That's what makes it look 'just morphed', makes me think of hippy music... with flowers in their hair and a bit wobbly with it too.
But morphing the body into some amazing fantasy I can see.

At this size the neck looks like a roll of movie film.
#11April 8th, 2011 · 06:59 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
If your working in layers you can go back to #6 when you know some more and work at it again.
It's a bit busy and full at the moment , needs some space and depth.  ;)
This isnīt possible cuz itīs an old pic . One of my first attempts to try out a few effects in "Gimp".
I didnīt work in layers there . Its only one layer . First time I tried this layer stuff 3 days ago.

Kings wrote :
"At this size the neck looks like a roll of movie film."

This was intented . I like this īcrazy `neck .
You see that my musicīs weird, my pics are weird and I suppose my mind is also weird . 
In real life itīs not always beneficial  , but as an artist I guess it makes me a "brand". I hope so at least. hihihi  
Tnx a lot for ya support , dude. I appreciate it very much.

#12April 11th, 2011 · 11:08 AM
12 threads
4 posts
United States of America
re: need help on cover artwork
second row - left one! good word dude
#13April 11th, 2011 · 12:10 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
re: re: need help on cover artwork
brightone wrote…
second row - left one! good word dude
Thx for ya oppinion !! Itīs also helpful.
U . L . I .
#14April 16th, 2011 · 06:29 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Well, it took a time to decide but with help of you guys , another forum and my friends at home I reached a decision which is mostly congruent to your opinions and my own intentions.
The winner is........................................# 5 .....surprise........surprise   
And Iīll change my avatar . #4 (w/o text)

Let me thank yaīll for ya participation and honest feedback. Helped a lot.
U . L . I .
#15April 25th, 2011 · 05:24 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
new creations
The last days I continued my experiments with "GIMP" and "Paint.net" to understand better how to work on layers , using tools and all that stuff.
I tried out to create grafics without a foto as a draft.
Composed some new logos and a CD-Inlet which I like to show you guys.
Here they are..................................
U . L . I

CD-Inlet.......

1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 2:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.