1 2 3

#16March 5th, 2011 · 02:17 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Iszil wrote…
that's why I have a poor guitar technique
Hohohoho!! That´s what I call "fishing for compliments" , Isi.    
Please excuse my contradiction :
A man with a ´poor git technique` wouldn´t be able to compose and play such complex and sophisticated music like " back to the seed ". 
Too much modesty. But it makes you likable .  
From my stand you´ve jumped up to a level on ya compositions and  - espedially ya productions  - I´d like to compare with Marino`s qualities . And this is one the highest levels of active members these days .
In this sence :  hold up the "bandamp flag " , muchacho !! 
#17March 5th, 2011 · 04:43 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I would love to collab wiv you, but as you know my time is limited.

...and I had so many ideas....

so the only thing I can do is to be sad. But I would love to hear a Denis collab with others.
#18March 5th, 2011 · 07:31 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Dont sit there being sad TK...we'll all have to sit being sad with you 

There's an old Druidic wisdom that says that you cant be inspired the whole time because you'd go insane.
You can accept things and carry on or fight it and carry on ...... you figure it out.

And maybe we're more like batteries than we realise, on the physical as well as the mental planes that we can, after an amount of time doing one thing become exhausted or exhaust the resources     
Either look for a new source or just wait knowing that it's coming around again.

#19March 5th, 2011 · 07:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks Guys for your feedback.

Up and till I was 45 I too used to just play when I feel, which was fine I enjoyed it, but when I got back into it proper at 45 yrs, I found a passion for writing new songs, I was writing at least one new song a week, they were very rough around the edges, but it was just great fun, I got a great buzz on any new song.

After joining bandamp in Feb 2007 I learned much from members in all aspects of songwriting and improved all the time, which again gave me a great buzz. So I do it for the LOVE OF MUSIC, or more to the point 'I LOVE IT'.

It may sound crazy to you guys, but I actually enjoy practicing, you know scales, new rhythms, etc. and yes in the last two years learning new instruments. I get a great deal of satisfaction from it.

I'm sure this is only a passing phase - I WILL BE BACK 
#20March 5th, 2011 · 01:34 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
Dont sit there being sad TK...we'll all have to sit being sad with you 

There's an old Druidic wisdom that says that you cant be inspired the whole time because you'd go insane.
You can accept things and carry on or fight it and carry on ...... you figure it out.

And maybe we're more like batteries than we realise, on the physical as well as the mental planes that we can, after an amount of time doing one thing become exhausted or exhaust the resources     
Either look for a new source or just wait knowing that it's coming around again.

;)

I knew you'd choose exactly these words 
#21March 5th, 2011 · 03:25 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
ULI wrote…
Iszil wrote…
A man with a ´poor git technique` wouldn´t be able to compose and play such complex and sophisticated music like " back to the seed ". 
From my stand you´ve jumped up to a level on ya compositions and  - espedially ya productions  - I´d like to compare with Marino`s qualities . And this is one the highest levels of active members these days .
In this sence :  hold up the "bandamp flag " , muchacho !!  :razz:

Maybe I can write decent stuff but I'm not a great guitar player, strictly talking about playing.

Anyway, I second what Kings said. It will eventually come back. We all here are musician, we either want it or not (I doubt someone would deny his nature, but who knows!) and we all have highs and lows.
It's all about accepting that will happen and just waiting for it to return, which it will, definitely!

I remember my first years here at the Amp when I wrote loads and loads of stuff. Now I barely write a few songs per year. I guess I have more distractions than 4 or 5 years ago, but it's OK, If i get distracted I'll let it be. I won't push myself.
Don't push yourself, Denis. But maybe it's a good idea to work with other people in order to unstuck yourself, if that's what you need.

Cheers.

> Iszil
#22March 6th, 2011 · 04:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
ULI wrote…
Iszil wrote…
In this sence :  hold up the "bandamp flag " , muchacho !!  :razz:

Maybe I can write decent stuff but I'm not a great guitar player, strictly talking about playing.

Anyway, I second what Kings said. It will eventually come back. We all here are musician, we either want it or not (I doubt someone would deny his nature, but who knows!) and we all have highs and lows.
It's all about accepting that will happen and just waiting for it to return, which it will, definitely!

I remember my first years here at the Amp when I wrote loads and loads of stuff. Now I barely write a few songs per year. I guess I have more distractions than 4 or 5 years ago, but it's OK, If i get distracted I'll let it be. I won't push myself.
Don't push yourself, Denis. But maybe it's a good idea to work with other people in order to unstuck yourself, if that's what you need.

Cheers.

> Iszil

Interesting that you mentioned 'you used to write loads of stuff', and so the the same for me and I suspect the majority.

I've always believed anything is possible within reason if you want it bad enough. I suppose the one thing that keeps me motivated is that with Music there is always room for improvement. A pro I used to know said if you want to improve play with pro's or someone that can play better than you...

I was thinking of getting some musicians together who are multi instrumentalists, then we could swap around and learn off each other. Well my main instrument is the guitar, so I could work with another multi instrumentalist that say main instrument is the Sax. It would be fun too..
#23March 6th, 2011 · 05:06 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
so its nót me alone , and thats why i end up with all those noodles. LOL
Anyway, when i get stuck in the creative process i tend to put down any instrument and and start humming or whistling for a melody, so something else comes out then my fingers already know, i just got this as a tip myself once and it helps me.
but who need advice from 'sir Dabble-a-lot'

#24March 6th, 2011 · 05:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
so its n�t me alone , and thats why i end up with all those noodles. LOL
Anyway, when i get stuck in the creative process i tend to put down any instrument and and start humming or whistling for a melody, so something else comes out then my fingers already know, i just got this as a tip myself once and it helps me.
but who need advice from 'sir Dabble-a-lot'
 ;)

LOL "Sir Dabble-a Lot" - maybe you can create a song with that title and put some of your Dabbles together to make one song
#25March 7th, 2011 · 04:30 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
LOL i will do that when I am old(er) en arthritic Denis!
btw, sir Dabblealot was my name of honour given by the master of noodles: JimKdaadtman
Well.., im proud of it
I think :p
#26March 7th, 2011 · 04:35 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
LOL i will do that when I am old(er) en arthritic Denis!
btw, sir Dabblealot was my name of honour given by the master of noodles: JimKdaadtman
Well.., im proud of it
I think :p

Sweet as nut    - I really Miss JimK's humor - I do wish he'd come back
#27March 7th, 2011 · 04:43 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…
Iszil wrote…
I've had this riff in my mind for a few days: http://www.goear.com/listen/205db78/funky-riff-iszil
If you want to work with it it's fine.

> Iszil

Thats just my problem, for some reason I can't develop ideas. I could  quite easily create a bass line for your riff, it's building it into a song I'm having problems with. This has happend to me a few times, but it's been over two months sice I created even a simple arrangement. Well Izil your the man for arrangements, so what's your advise?

I'd say Taka's the man, but anyways... I just don't know; in my case I just imagine what I want it to sound like and then what instruments would fit better... I really don't know... I guess sometimes one just can't come up with something!
Just start simple, like guitar, bass and drums. Then having the final result see if there's anything that would make it sound better. Listen to other music and maybe grab some ideas from other bands. That's all the advice I could give you.
I haven't broken down "the way" to actually make arrangements, building into a song. I just go with flow . Just grab your guitar or bass and play around, see what comes out of it.

About the riff I showed you guys, I don't think it might be hard to make a song out of it. Making funk can be quite easy and the cool thing is you can add as many instruments as you want and it will sound cool, so we could use all the material the Amp members can give.
I'll try to develop sketch with it, maybe make the structure of the song with drums, bass and guitar and toss it to you all and each of you can add your personal touch. TK with his keys, Denis with sax, Hatz with flute, and maybe a few guit solos from the rest of us (since most of us play guitar). I'm just saying...

Let's make something fun with this.
Cheers.

> Iszil

Taka wrote a blog on a similar problem I'm having, let me see if I can find it
Found it, I even made a comment...lol
http://takaminerbb13.bandamp.com/blog/11983.html
#28March 13th, 2011 · 05:36 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
I would love to collab wiv you, but as you know my time is limited.

...and I had so many ideas....

so the only thing I can do is to be sad. But I would love to hear a Denis collab with others.

Tell us your ideas verbally if that's possible - we can then as a team make something of them
That would put a  on your face
#29March 13th, 2011 · 07:25 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
ok challenge...

possible scenario:
someone writes a story
the other one thinks about making a film about that story
there has to be music in and around.
just dreaming of soundtracks like "My Heart Will Go On" or "Eye Of The Tiger" or what ever comes to YOUR mind now. Maybe title or theme music like Star Treks "Space....  where no man has gone before"
It could be orchestral or jazz or rock or reggae or ballades
This is what I would love to "see" and would put a smile on my face.

It's like: Leave your old thought structures and go beyond borders. Agree?
#30March 13th, 2011 · 07:35 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
Sweet as nut    - I really Miss JimK's humor - I do wish he'd come back

You can find him somewhere on facebook's sites
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.