1 2 3

#1February 28th, 2011 · 07:09 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Collab Wiv Me
I'm going through a dry period of creating new stuff, have some ideas, but not expanding on them.

I'm itching to record some music, so if anyone needs any collaboration work until my juices start flowing again, please contact me, for those who are not familiar with what instruments I play, here they are.

Guitar
Bass
Tenor & Soprano Sax
Flute
Violin
Keyboards
Percussion
Vocals
#2March 1st, 2011 · 08:56 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I'm up for a flute duet!
#3March 2nd, 2011 · 05:04 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MeowMachine wrote…
I'm up for a flute duet!
Cool Meow - What style, perhaps do a cover, since I'm dry on creations
#4March 2nd, 2011 · 10:54 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
You guys should do Jethro Tull
#5March 3rd, 2011 · 12:02 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I hope you're joking Kun. 

Let me see if I have any music around. I'm pretty sure I do.
I might have some flute and piano pieces.
#6March 3rd, 2011 · 06:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MeowMachine wrote…
I hope you're joking Kun. 

Let me see if I have any music around. I'm pretty sure I do.
I might have some flute and piano pieces.

I,ve got loads of Jazz backing tracks, I'm itching to do something on my new Tenor Sax.
Could do something simple, duet on the main and individual solo's, or you do a part then I do one, or similar.
Are there any Jazz standards you are familiar with or would like to do?
#7March 3rd, 2011 · 07:27 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I've had this riff in my mind for a few days: http://www.goear.com/listen/205db78/funky-riff-iszil
If you want to work with it it's fine.

> Iszil
#8March 3rd, 2011 · 11:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
I've had this riff in my mind for a few days: http://www.goear.com/listen/205db78/funky-riff-iszil

> Iszil

Thats just my problem, for some reason I can't develop ideas. I could  quite easily create a bass line for your riff, it's building it into a song I'm having problems with. This has happend to me a few times, but it's been over two months sice I created even a simple arrangement. Well Izil your the man for arrangements, so what's your advise?
#9March 4th, 2011 · 01:10 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Denis wrote…
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

Thats just my problem, for some reason I can't develop ideas. I could  quite easily create a bass line for your riff, it's building it into a song I'm having problems with. This has happend to me a few times, but it's been over two months sice I created even a simple arrangement. Well Izil your the man for arrangements, so what's your advise?

I'd say Taka's the man, but anyways... I just don't know; in my case I just imagine what I want it to sound like and then what instruments would fit better... I really don't know... I guess sometimes one just can't come up with something!
Just start simple, like guitar, bass and drums. Then having the final result see if there's anything that would make it sound better. Listen to other music and maybe grab some ideas from other bands. That's all the advice I could give you.
I haven't broken down "the way" to actually make arrangements, building into a song. I just go with flow . Just grab your guitar or bass and play around, see what comes out of it.

About the riff I showed you guys, I don't think it might be hard to make a song out of it. Making funk can be quite easy and the cool thing is you can add as many instruments as you want and it will sound cool, so we could use all the material the Amp members can give.
I'll try to develop sketch with it, maybe make the structure of the song with drums, bass and guitar and toss it to you all and each of you can add your personal touch. TK with his keys, Denis with sax, Hatz with flute, and maybe a few guit solos from the rest of us (since most of us play guitar). I'm just saying...

Let's make something fun with this.
Cheers.

> Iszil
#10March 4th, 2011 · 01:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

Thats just my problem, for some reason I can't develop ideas. I could  quite easily create a bass line for your riff, it's building it into a song I'm having problems with. This has happened to me a few times, but it's been over two months since I created even a simple arrangement. Well Iszil your the man for arrangements, so what's your advise?

I'd say Taka's the man, but anyways... I just don't know; in my case I just imagine what I want it to sound like and then what instruments would fit better... I really don't know... I guess sometimes one just can't come up with something!
Just start simple, like guitar, bass and drums. Then having the final result see if there's anything that would make it sound better. Listen to other music and maybe grab some ideas from other bands. That's all the advice I could give you.
I haven't broken down "the way" to actually make arrangements, building into a song. I just go with flow . Just grab your guitar or bass and play around, see what comes out of it.

About the riff I showed you guys, I don't think it might be hard to make a song out of it. Making funk can be quite easy and the cool thing is you can add as many instruments as you want and it will sound cool, so we could use all the material the Amp members can give.
I'll try to develop sketch with it, maybe make the structure of the song with drums, bass and guitar and toss it to you all and each of you can add your personal touch. TK with his keys, Denis with sax, Hatz with flute, and maybe a few guit solos from the rest of us (since most of us play guitar). I'm just saying...

Let's make something fun with this.
Cheers.

> Iszil

SONGWRITING:

It's the same for me Iszil, I go with the flow, normally I'll just be practicing and I might play a couple of chords and hear something I like, then build from there. Instinctively, I think I'm always trying to improve and perhaps I've set my bar too high. I'm getting too critical. If I did music full time and practiced 4 hours a day, may be I could reach the stars...lol, in reality I work full time and practice as much as I can in my spare time, not to mention I play many instruments - Yeah the impossible dream, other than when I retire, if I'm fit enough I will practice at least 4 hours a day.

YOUR FUNKY THING

Yeah it would be nice if you could get the structure down first, that's what I do with collabs anyway.
I'm happy to play whatever.

Cheers
#11March 4th, 2011 · 03:53 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
YOUR FUNKY THING
Funky thing ???????? Mmhhh.
If you need a funky bass or a funky git riff or a clean, jazzy solo or a mean , screaming rock-solo........................

Console yaself , denis . I´m also lacking in motivation ( while a lotta tracks waiting on my old multitracker to be re-recorded ) .
I think , there are busy times and lazy times in a musicians life . Last year I worked only on 2 tracks which I´ve loaded up here. . "Yeti scalp" and "Electronaut".
Don´t overburden yaself , mate .  A job , family , millions of instruments you´re trying to learn , this site , a renovated house, the album project and dunno whatelse.........
I don´t wanna see ya collapsed one day or burned out . So , switch down one gear , please .  Keep ya health up and listen to ya body , heart and soul. ...be sure  ; ya inspiration & motivation will return one day .

Btw  this sax-mute-case on the youtube vid in ya "gear-post" is too funny to be serious . hahahaha.
Can´t imagine it´s very comfortable to play a sax with this plastic box hanging on ya neck .
It might be more effective and much cheaper to stuff a towel or some old socks into the horn .
U . L . I .
#12March 4th, 2011 · 04:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: YOUR FUNKY THING
ULI wrote…
Funky thing ???????? Mmhhh.
If you need a funky bass or a funky git riff or a clean, jazzy solo or a mean , screaming rock-solo........................

Console yaself , denis . I�m also lacking in motivation ( while a lotta tracks waiting on my old multitracker to be re-recorded ) .
I think , there are busy times and lazy times in a musicians life . Last year I worked only on 2 tracks which I�ve loaded up here. . "Yeti scalp" and "Electronaut".
Don�t overburden yaself , mate .  A job , family , millions of instruments you�re trying to learn , this site , a renovated house, the album project and dunno whatelse.........
I don�t wanna see ya collapsed one day or burned out . So , switch down one gear , please .  Keep ya health up and listen to ya body , heart and soul. ...be sure  ; ya inspiration & motivation will return one day .

Btw  this sax-mute-case on the youtube vid in ya "gear-post" is too funny to be serious . hahahaha.
Can�t imagine it�s very comfortable to play a sax with this plastic box hanging on ya neck .
It might be more effective and much cheaper to stuff a towel or some old socks into the horn .

U . L . I .

Thanks for your imput U.L.I.
Be it that I'm certainly NOT lacking in motivation in terms of Writing new music.  I was born to get up and go, I'd get depressed  otherwise...lol. I'm not burning out, well not yet, there is plenty of wax left in this old candle....ha ha. I actually enjoy working hard at something, so long as I produce a result at the end of the day - that's the BUZZ..
I actually practice every single day unless I'm on holiday or I need to pay respects to family. How my wife puts up with me is indeed a GOD send.. 

Yeah the Sax mute looks kinda funny  BUT I don't give two HOOTS, so long as I can practice and improve without disturbing the family and neighbours, that's all that matters. If I put anything in the bell it will  alter the pitch considerably, plus the sound will still come out of any pads that are open - and there are a LOT  You can get a stand for the mute and play it from it, but I don't think I would lke that, hence I like to move with the music..  Can't move as much as I did when I was 25 , but I can still move  
#13March 4th, 2011 · 09:38 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I guess for me it works completely different.

First of all I never "practice". Sometimes I grab the guitar and play whatever I feel like playing. If I don't want to play, I won't. There are days when I neither play the guitar or listen to music. That's what I mean with "going with the flow". I just do what I feel like doing. I don't practice to improve on my instrument, that's why I have a poor guitar technique but since I don't "want" a better technique then it's fine for me.

In that way I guess I don't take music too seriously. I won't force myself to do something I don't feel like doing.

Denis, don't push yourself. When you do things being forced (specially arts) they usually don't come out well. Do other stuff and in time your mind will clear and and you'll feel the urge to take an instruments and play something.
Go with the flow, bro

> Iszil
#14March 4th, 2011 · 09:48 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I did the same thing.  I stepped outside the music I normally play or want to learn. That helped. The other thing is I went back to the basics.  What brought me into the love of music in the first place. That has worked. I am now back to just loving the guitar tones and music sounds that I can produce from something simple like strumming a few chords on the AC guitar.

I don't know what would work for you, but you'll get your love for the music back... really I don't think it ever goes away , we just start putting other things in front of it.
#15March 4th, 2011 · 10:12 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I can relate. My musical energy goes through ups an downs. Right now, I'm going through a spell where I don't feel like picking up the guitar...so I end up playing drums...or some other instrument...not in a disciplined way...it's really just "messing around". I have found that if I don't get distressed about it, it will come back in time. I agree with ULI. Sometimes there's so much going on in my life, I don't have much creative energy left over.. Mostly, I've found I need TIME to put together a song. I have a recorder that is FULL of song ideas...but I don't seem to get around to finishing them.. I figure it typically takes about three days (where I don't do much other than record) to complete one song. The creative processes for me take considerable time. I'm working a demanding job...I have a bunch of other demands on my time...so I'm finding I just have to chill sometimes (and right now is one of those times......)
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.