1 2

#1August 20th, 2006 · 01:05 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
Forming a band!!!
i am forming a band....
rock band...

what all kinds of members will i need...

i mean what all instruments....

please help!!!!
#2August 21st, 2006 · 01:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok..,

well I moved this from the gear forum into the pit because, unless you are looking for robots to complement your band, this is not a "gear" related question.

anyway... why do you even need help from us with forming a band? I suggest getting a 3-piece brass section, a timpani player and someone knowing his way around the koto. You yourself should sing backwards Sanskrite and do wind chimes with your feet.

or maybe you're looking for a bass player, 2 guitarists and a drummer...

does this help??

ps. have you heard about "trolling"? because this question you're asking seems to be somewhat of a "troll" post and that is not a good thing HYP.

Google says about "trolling": deliberately provoking arguments on newsgroups or bulletin boards, with no other intent than to gain attention for the sake of attention. Originally: fishing by dragging a line fitted with one or more hooks behind the boat.
source: http://4umi.com/web/glossary.htm
#3August 21st, 2006 · 11:18 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
nice line up! but i think you need an ape playing Charango to complete it

#4August 21st, 2006 · 12:32 PM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
And don't forget the 6 year old playing the marimba.

I'm assuming that you have listened to rock n roll music. What instruments do you hear? What instruments do you see when you see rock n roll videos?

It can range from a 3 piece drums, guitar, bass, to 2 full drum sets, 2 percussionists, 5 keyboardists, 8 backup vocals, string ensemble, horn section, dancers, magicians, and a DJ.

If your question is serious, maybe you need to do a little  (ok, a LOT) more research into Rock N Roll, the music, the players, the bands, etc. And then you can decide what sound you want your band to have, and choose the instruments to produce that sound.
#5August 21st, 2006 · 12:36 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Or............

Find out who's around near to you that can play an instrument.  Get together, and see what sounds you come up with.

It really is quite often down to who you can get, and what they can do, rather than getting exactly what you want.

My band is desperately missing a keyboard player - my preference is that they should be talented, between 25 to 30 years old, good looking, and female.  Of course, if all else fails, then they don't need to be that talented!

#6August 21st, 2006 · 12:45 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
now for some logical and analitical game...
see pX...why do you think that i am trolling???

well it is a serious question...
coz i need to find some very good intrumentalists
and all that stuff...

anyways....
well all this might help...
thanxs to all!!!

and yeah i like the band party of all the dancers and magicians and blah blah...

and yes jiminuk...go ahead with a less talented keyboardist!!!

anyways i might be the one playing all the instuments by myself!!!

eh...hahahahaha....!!!

PuppetXeno wrote…
ok..,

well I moved this from the gear forum into the pit because, unless you are looking for robots to complement your band, this is not a "gear" related question.

anyway... why do you even need help from us with forming a band? I suggest getting a 3-piece brass section, a timpani player and someone knowing his way around the koto. You yourself should sing backwards Sanskrite and do wind chimes with your feet.

or maybe you're looking for a bass player, 2 guitarists and a drummer...

does this help??

ps. have you heard about "trolling"? because this question you're asking seems to be somewhat of a "troll" post and that is not a good thing HYP.

Google says about "trolling": deliberately provoking arguments on newsgroups or bulletin boards, with no other intent than to gain attention for the sake of attention. Originally: fishing by dragging a line fitted with one or more hooks behind the boat.
source: http://4umi.com/web/glossary.htm
#7August 21st, 2006 · 02:04 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Dont know why you are kidding, Hyp.....

This cant be a serious question. You are a musician as well like we are. You should know at best what is good for YOUR kind of music. If youe need a bass look for a bass player, if you need drums look for a drummer, if you need guitars look for a guitarist and so on.

Now I am going on shaking my head extremely and smashing it down on my desk because I cant believe that you believe you asked a serious question. Sorry but for me it's almost stupidity.
#8August 21st, 2006 · 02:14 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Dont know why you are kidding, Hyp.....

This cant be a serious question. You are a musician as well like we are. You should know at best what is good for YOUR kind of music. If youe need a bass look for a bass player, if you need drums look for a drummer, if you need guitars look for a guitarist and so on.

Now I am going on shaking my head extremely and smashing it down on my desk because I cant believe that you believe you asked a serious question. Sorry but for me it's almost stupidity.

see, I'm not the only one, Hyp...
#9August 21st, 2006 · 03:34 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Well...I'll cast my opinion in here , too. Hypnosia, I believe Puppet is correct when he talks about "trolling". This makes the second thread you've started (the first one being that nonsense about "which is better...a bass, acoustic, etc", with some claim about wanting to start a "debate"). It does appear you are simply attention-seeking and that you have not even attempted to perform your own research , nor does it appear you are seriously seeking a reasonable answer before you ask these questions (that have no logical answer). This kind of behavior is exploitative of Bandampers and a waste of our time. Attempting to start a "debate" (as you did in your previous thread) is divisive and abusive of Bandampers as well. If, at any time, you feel people are annoyed by your behavior, this is probably the cause. I highly recommend you "check yourself before you wreck yourself".
#10August 21st, 2006 · 05:21 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
battlecat wrote…
Well...I'll cast my opinion in here , too. Hypnosia, I believe Puppet is correct when he talks about "trolling". This makes the second thread you've started (the first one being that nonsense about "which is better...a bass, acoustic, etc", with some claim about wanting to start a "debate"). It does appear you are simply attention-seeking and that you have not even attempted to perform your own research , nor does it appear you are seriously seeking a reasonable answer before you ask these questions (that have no logical answer). This kind of behavior is exploitative of Bandampers and a waste of our time. Attempting to start a "debate" (as you did in your previous thread) is divisive and abusive of Bandampers as well. If, at any time, you feel people are annoyed by your behavior, this is probably the cause. I highly recommend you "check yourself before you wreck yourself".

checkety  check yourself before ya wreck yo self........
#11August 21st, 2006 · 05:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
goats don't like trolls
Man goats can take a troll out .  No one can answer this question? I can
You on guitar. you on vocals,  you on  drums, you on keys, you on everthing.

If that don't work, then find the other players ,(they're out there) to play the instruments you can't;but want.

Hope this helps?
#12August 21st, 2006 · 06:01 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
#13August 21st, 2006 · 10:49 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
now now boys, settle down and play nice, hyp just wanted gdence i all, and  can undrstad wh, any tmes there are obviose qustions that ned to be anwsered just so you truly know what to do, and the lord knows ive aslked some pritty weired ones my self as i am sure you all have. maybe he is going for a certian type of rock style (like the american type) and there are some pritty wiered insterments in the bands i listen to. after all, when your new at the whole music thing, sarting a band can b pritty scarry. now, hyp dear, can you specify as to what kind of style you would like to make this band of, i know you said rock but there are many genras out there, then i sugjust you google the topic, then come on band amp and maybe post some of the insterments you think would work in your new band, and see how every one reacts to them ok?

and as for all of you *glares at mean band amp men* cant you be a bit nicer? i mean, even if you think the question is stupid, and if i had poasted it would all of you have replied like that? i sure as hell hope not. RESPECT, COMUNITY, thats what band amp is about, if there is a stupid question n the pit, fine but dont act like a bunch of jack asses and make some one feel unwelcomed and ignorent. ok?

and now that i have gone all parental on your buts, say sorry! even if you dont agree with him or dont care for him, at least dont sink down to the level of a cockroach and act like an ass.

love you all
mother pap
#14August 22nd, 2006 · 02:00 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
game over
Well pap, it's good that you stick up for the repressed, however;

HYP: on the accounts of spamming in the forums, the chat room, and via personal messages, trolling, and other general ill posting behaviour, after several warnings which obviously didn't seem to help much at all, your account has hereby been suspended until further notice.

Let this be a lesson for you (see subject - this forum and the member's feelings are NOT a game).

PX (mod)

ps. nice way to spend my 1300th post...
#15August 22nd, 2006 · 11:53 AM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
sad it had to come to that.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.