1 2

#1November 19th, 2007 · 09:34 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wanna be weirded out?
Hey, Listen...I know this doesn't have anything to do with music, but, to me it was good enough to seriously WEIRD ME OUT.. I just had to share it with somebody (and you people were the only ones I could think of that might be weird enough to appreciate it). Soooo,  here it is:
                                       .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiktNfn4AA
#2November 19th, 2007 · 09:49 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
it was so cute when the thing started dancing!and then the guy tried to kick 'em and then he feel down!
teaches him to mess with something cute,eh?
#3November 20th, 2007 · 04:31 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That was a REALLY cool film, thanks for the tip.
Very deep and Soo well made.
#4November 20th, 2007 · 08:24 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
lol, your right, that was very wierd, but also very good.
#5November 20th, 2007 · 12:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
That's seriously very weird, and very well made!
#6November 20th, 2007 · 04:50 PM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
wow!!!! im amazed!!!!! very cool i like when it starts dancing!!!!
#7November 20th, 2007 · 08:38 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Great!! I agree with px, it's very well done.   Thanks for the link
#8November 21st, 2007 · 05:34 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Haha, it made me laugh when it started dancing
#9November 21st, 2007 · 06:12 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Check out the 'conveyor belt', totally cool!
#10November 21st, 2007 · 11:33 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah, the other objects stalking other people are pretty creepy (especially that conveyor belt). The part where the main character dreams and sees himself in the mirror - how does that connect to the finale? And the doctor's examination is pretty cool too haha.
#11November 21st, 2007 · 11:53 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Yeah, as I watch this, I vascillate between thinking that I am grasping a message out of this...then there are other times I feel this is an expression of sheer surrealism...perhaps with a series of unrelated elements. Am I mistaken, or all all the "currently animated/formerly inanimate" objects former residents of the airport?(train station, subway, office building, whatever...notice how the circular object following the woman down the hall formerly resided on the wall as a part of bas-relief sculpture in another scene? Then the cylindrical "billboard" object following the woman outside was the same object that the main "human" character hid behind earlier? The converyor belt looks like a baggage-claims belt. Makes me wonder if all the other objects - including "Mr Concrete" himself - were perhaps sculptures of some sort...doesn't ol' Concrete move well?...very natural, human movements... very skillful (perhaps computer-assisted) animation...The whole thing conjures up memories of dreams I might have experienced as a kid (perhaps delerious from fever secondary to flu, measles, etc.) And I'm enjoying it!!....weird!
#12November 21st, 2007 · 12:22 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
The part where the main character dreams and sees himself in the mirror - how does that connect to the finale?

To me, the man appears to be dreaming (after an extended episode of being tormented by this thing) and, in that dream, he comes to the frightening realization that the tormenter has taken possession of him? That he has BECOME the concrete monster? Do I notice in the first part of that dream that he looks down and sees concrete feet (legs, whatever...I can't quite figure that out)
#13November 21st, 2007 · 01:26 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Oh sod the analogies; this is one weird film.  Sort of uncomfortable to watch, but compelling all the same.
Good one BC
#14November 21st, 2007 · 05:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
battlecat wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…
The part where the main character dreams and sees himself in the mirror - how does that connect to the finale?

To me, the man appears to be dreaming (after an extended episode of being tormented by this thing) and, in that dream, he comes to the frightening realization that the tormenter has taken possession of him? That he has BECOME the concrete monster? Do I notice in the first part of that dream that he looks down and sees concrete feet (legs, whatever...I can't quite figure that out)

I think, really, that the concrete monster is the embodiement of his inner self, damaged by a repetitive, mind-numbing dayjob - he has become cold (non-passionate), faceless, and only capable of doing basic things. Notice the dent on the monsters head btw.. Being confronted with this entity, and being unable to accept it, he tries to run, but you can't run from yourself. He becomes detached from normal life (where everybody seems to have similar entities attached to themselves, apparently functioning normally with them) until the point where it destroys him. But his demise does not solve the problem of his "disorder", as the next victim is quickly found.. (a new person will take the job that came free with his death): The concrete is cold and incapable of showing any emotion... it's just going through the motions.

Seing the images used, the disorder is quickly associated with typical corporate culture - could this film be culture related criticism? I think so... It's hard to miss actually
#15November 21st, 2007 · 07:12 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
yea awesome film, weird combination of funny and weird, well filmed as well, noice!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.