1 2

#1July 5th, 2010 · 02:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The AMP VOL II
Well I think it's near approaching this time a year ago (EDIT* Hmm it was Dec 09 on further investigation, Does Not Matter Anyhow), when we started thinking about The AMP VOL I

I think this time we do it for the community, Our website and indeed for ourselves, simply because we'll be more motivated.

So, my idea is simple:

You nominate one of your own songs (only if you want to) and one other BandAMP song.

The new album will probably will be around 14 songs, as many as we can get on a CD.

So AMPERS Let's get the ball rolling........

WHO'S IN??
#2July 5th, 2010 · 10:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
No way its been a year already!??! Wow time flies! Well its great to see that you are still supporting this Denis, I'd love to see 1 million The AMP Vol's. Hopefully this time i'll be a bit more involved (especially with you know who gone ) Ok I nominate:

either Suicide, The End, The Wizard (a very quirky song of only 2 mins), The Knife , or The Printer by Takaminerbb13. This album needs at least 1 or 2 taka hits. Out of all of these i'd take at least "Suicide" or "The Knife".  EDIT: OH IT NEEDS BURN!!! BURN!!! ALL OF MY MEMORIES AND I BURN! BURN!!!

as for me I nominate The Man that our band The Kunadiuns did. if this track does get chosen I ask that this version will be used. my cousin uploaded it to his account with just some ambient guitar in the background but other than that its the same as on my account. http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7724.html

Conquest, Chicken Chat, or Firewater by Denis. I love those a lot.

and just for the heck of it why don't i nominate More Fresh Coffee by AustinChicken...why not.

something by Marino...although like all of his songs have been deleted...

Old Man (w/PuppetXeno) by BasketCase

We're Not Alone by blackhatz (oh god i love this song)

The Future's In Robots by Theotherguy89

New Flame or Crossin the States or I Come From Heaven by Swordfish.

holy cow thats a lot. well does anyone like any of those? i think thats a good starting list
#3July 6th, 2010 · 01:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Oooh I'm going to be part of it this time I'll have a look in my archives.. Yes Old Man is a nice song too, but I'm not sure if there is a high quality render of that (we were exchanging mp3's, not wav files) but the song itself is v. nice indeed!

I'll go dig and let you know asap. cheers!
#4July 6th, 2010 · 02:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Keep 'em comin Ampers, the more who get invloved the better, this is good for our community 
#5July 6th, 2010 · 02:36 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Need someone to create an album Cover, Any Volunteers?? - Use this thread to put up your ideas.
EDIT** needs to be created 600 x 600 pixels for publishing purposes.

Would be nice to have at least one Collab song, this shows off our community spirit. 
#6July 6th, 2010 · 07:29 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
when was an example due date for this?
#7July 6th, 2010 · 12:50 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I'd like to try a few things in making an album cover. I'll have something uploaded within today or tomorrow...there's only 2 days left of my photoshop trial. (Don't worry...it doesn't leave any watermarks or anything).

EDIT: im having trouble coming up with anything so please anyone else give making the album cover a go, im still working on ideas but i dont have anything solid yet.
#8July 6th, 2010 · 01:26 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
thebigguyconnor wrote…
when was an example due date for this?
When we have compiled a list of songs, probably at least two weeks
#9July 6th, 2010 · 07:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Burn by Takaminerbb13
#10July 6th, 2010 · 09:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ok so here's a crap attempt at designing the cover. it be 600x600pixels. let the bashing begin:

#11July 7th, 2010 · 11:50 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
This album cover... It's simple, incorporates all of the last album's features and includes a new and improved number 2 to let listeners know that it's a different album. Genius, right?

... Just kidding. Here's what I really came up with.

It's a really rough edit, but I hope a more experienced artist can find some inspiration from that! (By the way, I took the picture of the headphones myself, so if you want a copy to work with, just let me know... Not many good photos of headphones out on the net...)

--XFactor--

P.S. Didn't mean for the second one to look pink... The computer I used Photoshop on has a really dark monitor, so the sides are supposed to be a dark red, whereas the center is just a bit brighter... NOT pink... Sorry folks. 
#12July 7th, 2010 · 04:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thank god you were kidding about the first picture lol

Even if it was less pink and more red i think its still too red. I think it could be better than mine. actually i dont even like mine.
but too red for my tastes...it might make people really irritated or frustrated just by looking at the album cover. i think covers should convey some sort of a message and put the listener in the correct mood (although the one i did completely contradicts everything i just said, but as i said i dont even like mine.)

EDIT: LETS GO PEOPLE THERE HAS ONLY BEEN 5 PEOPLE TO POST IN THIS THREAD LETS GET THIS THING COOKING!
#13July 8th, 2010 · 03:19 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Fill it with Taka's songs. It will be a hit, for sure.

> Iszil
#14July 8th, 2010 · 04:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
heck yes amen to that
#15July 8th, 2010 · 04:37 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Call All MODS
Hey is it possible to send an email to members to advise them we are creating BandAMP II

Will PM the MODS - Need to make all ampers aware 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 11:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.