1 2
#16May 16th, 2010 · 08:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
LOL...I'm back in.....my daughter has now started making a point of shouting "DR WHO" around the house at about 7:00 on Saturday evenings.
So yes I'm glued again...I'm getting to like the new Dr, he's not as sophisticated as Tennant but he does have more 'madness' about him !  
#17May 17th, 2010 · 02:14 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I know he's so mad!
I LOVED THE DREAM LORD EPISODE!!!!! (the one that was just on this saturday)
Not sophistcated...but sort of mad and just genious and bow ties are cool
#18May 17th, 2010 · 10:45 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
TheKunadiun wrote…
I know he's so mad!

Lol, Genious is how craig (TheK) and I say Genius.

SPOILERS BE HERE wrote…
the dream lord idea is so crazy - dude the WHOLE THING was a dream! its so weird!  Also, The Dream Lord is really the doctor's evil side?  Pretty wierd.  When he said "I know who you are, theres only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do", i bet he was talking about the master

EDIT: I forgot- some people might not have seen yet, so I put a spoiler-guard in .  Also I expanded my post.
#19May 17th, 2010 · 11:27 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
spoiler alert^^
#20May 17th, 2010 · 06:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
thebigguyconnor wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
I know he's so mad!

Lol, Genious is how craig (TheK) and I say Genius.

SPOILERS BE HERE wrote…
the dream lord idea is so crazy - dude the WHOLE THING was a dream! its so weird!  Also, The Dream Lord is really the doctor's evil side?  Pretty wierd.  When he said "I know who you are, theres only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do", i bet he was talking about the master

EDIT: I forgot- some people might not have seen yet, so I put a spoiler-guard in .  Also I expanded my post.

Ooo! I'm sure the Dr knew then who the dude was 
I dont think the Master is an enemy or hates the Dr ... they are actually friends, the Master had just gone nuts.
Just out of interest ..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_writers
#21May 18th, 2010 · 01:11 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah exactly kings, the doctor and the master go way back....the master went completely nuts and wants full control and power over everything and the doctor won't let it happen.
oh but then...he will knock four times....

SPEAKING of the knock four times did you (kings) or anyone see the 2009 specials? I link them in with the end of season 4 cause thats where they take place, they just arent called season 4....retarted...ANYWAYS

The whole buildup to the final doom of the doctor was so amazing. it all seemed to point to the master and the dreamlords and then
SPOILER ALERT wrote…
it turned out just to be wilf! it was so sad and ironic and epic in so many ways. i think it was the perfect way to say goodbye to the 10th doctor. or at least a really horrifyiling ironic way that just makes you mad. david tennant was so epic. "i dont want to go"

So yeah i cant wait till the 22nd
#22May 18th, 2010 · 01:57 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Holy cow crazy bursts of thoughts I just had some ideas.
I remember in the old series there were these guys called The Valeyard and The Meta-Crisis 10th Doctor .

I was reading up on these things and also the sixth doctor episode The Trial of a Time Lord and it seems like this "The Valeyard" guy is an evil side of the doctor found somewhere between his 12th and 13th regeneration. This leads me to believe that this guy could possibly be the Dream Lord and exist before the 12th and 13th regenerations of the doctor, but just hasn't "revealed" himself yet.

Im so confused and excited about all this stuff and I also remember a friend telling me that somewhere in the old series the either 4th 5th or  6th doctor meets the 10th doctor and the 10th doctor is evil. i think he might be referring to either the Valeyard or the Meta-crisis 10th doctor.

EPICNESS AND EXCITEMENT I HOPE THEY WORK ALL OF THIS INTO THIS NEW SEASON/SERIES
#23June 22nd, 2010 · 07:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
THE PANDORICA OPENED!!!! EPIC PART 1 OF THE SEASON FINALE!!! I CANT WAIT FOR PART 2!!!!!  
#24October 26th, 2010 · 10:54 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
I just read on the Tardis wiki that the doctor only has a certain number of regenerations.

I wonder what's gunna happen when he runs out of regenerations!!
#25October 26th, 2010 · 10:54 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
THE DECEMBER SPECIAL! IS SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#26October 26th, 2010 · 06:44 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Now I remember Blakes 7.  Me and some neigborhood kids would build lazer weapons out of cardboard tubes and play Blakes 7. Never missed an episode. Not a bad show considering the BBC in the early 80's.  Funny that the series Farscape (IMHO the best sci-fi series in the history of the genre) is very close to Blakes 7 in many ways (a group of criminals escaping from a Federation/peacekeeper prison, stealing one of their captors ships and being on the run)  Take Blakes7 +  20plus years of special effects development + the Genious of Jim Henson Studios add a great cast of charicters + incredible writing and story development and incredibly detailed sets (that dont wobble when someone bumps into them)
 = FARSCAPE

(
kings wrote…
Where have I been...I hadn't seen this thread.
I remember John Pertwee a little but Tom Baker was my doctor as a child.
Did it all, hid behind cushions and the sofa, scared witless and loving it.
I did not get into the next doctor and kind of grew up and grew out of it until the new series, my son was about 10 and the bbc hyped the coming of a new doctor so much I checked it out and yes it was excellent.
So we both became big fans of the new series, every Saturday night and all the Christmas specials.

Do you get the Christmas specials?

Bring back Blake 7 I say , now they were real wobbly sets !
http://www.google.com/webhp#hl=en&source=hp&q=blake+7+youTube&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=blake+7+youTube&gs_rfai=&fp=1dc62da33e2ff469
#27October 26th, 2010 · 08:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Dude I LOVED Blake 7 also caught as many as I could, will definitely look out for Farscape cheers 

SkunkApe wrote…
Now I remember Blakes 7.  Me and some neigborhood kids would build lazer weapons out of cardboard tubes and play Blakes 7. Never missed an episode. Not a bad show considering the BBC in the early 80's.  Funny that the series Farscape (IMHO the best sci-fi series in the history of the genre) is very close to Blakes 7 in many ways (a group of criminals escaping from a Federation/peacekeeper prison, stealing one of their captors ships and being on the run)  Take Blakes7 +  20plus years of special effects development + the Genious of Jim Henson Studios add a great cast of charicters + incredible writing and story development and incredibly detailed sets (that dont wobble when someone bumps into them)
 = FARSCAPE

(
kings wrote…
Where have I been...I hadn't seen this thread.
I remember John Pertwee a little but Tom Baker was my doctor as a child.
Did it all, hid behind cushions and the sofa, scared witless and loving it.
I did not get into the next doctor and kind of grew up and grew out of it until the new series, my son was about 10 and the bbc hyped the coming of a new doctor so much I checked it out and yes it was excellent.
So we both became big fans of the new series, every Saturday night and all the Christmas specials.

Do you get the Christmas specials?

Bring back Blake 7 I say , now they were real wobbly sets !
http://www.google.com/webhp#hl=en&source=hp&q=blake+7+youTube&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=blake+7+youTube&gs_rfai=&fp=1dc62da33e2ff469
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.